Menu

Another s/o poll: How old is your mother?

How old is your mother as of TODAY? (If she's deceased, how old would she be?)  

1. 1. How old is your mother as of TODAY? (If she's deceased, how old would she be?)

• Under 40
    • 40-45
    • 46-50
    • 51-55
    • 56-60
    • 61-65
    • 66-70
    • 71-75
    • 76-80
    • Over 80

Just curious, considering I've just realized that I am probably older than some of your mothers! :ohmy:

My mother is 67, born in 1943 (will be 68 later this year).

I'm 50, born in 1960 (will be 51 later this year).

Yes, I was born when she was only 16--four days before her 17th birthday. She got married at age 15!

Edited by ereks mom

My stepmother (who raised me, and whom I call mom, since my bio mom abandoned me) is 52. I am 32. Neither one of us has had our birthday yet this year.

OH MY GOODNESS! I'm not 32, I'm 33! What in the WORLD?! I swear ever since I turned 30, I simply cannot keep track of my age! I used to laugh when I was a kid, and my dad had to ask my mom how old he was.

I hope I'm not the only one who does this... :001_huh: :tongue_smilie:

Edited by bethanyniez
inability to remember my birth year, apparently

My mom and dad are 58 and I'm 37.

It is weird. My parents married young and had me when they were only 21. My SIL is the same age as my parents. My MIL is closer to 80. That's what happens with an oldest marries the baby in the family.

My mom is 76 and I am 41. She was always the cool mom and sooooo sensitive about her age. She also looked at least 10 years younger than she was. None of my friends realized how old she was and were shocked when I started telling them I was dealing with her dementia this year. "But she's so young!" they'd say. "Eh, not as young as you probably think :001_smile:."

My mom just turned 69 last month and I am 45. I do not think of my mom as being old, she just seems the same to me as she's always been. Sometimes I will make comments of something regarding the future and she will say "if I'm still around" and I will say "what do you mean, of course you will still be here!" I think maybe I am in denial, lol.

My stepmother (who raised me, and whom I call mom, since my bio mom abandoned me) is 52. I am 32. Neither one of us has had our birthday yet this year.

OH MY GOODNESS! I'm not 32, I'm 33! What in the WORLD?! I swear ever since I turned 30, I simply cannot keep track of my age! I used to laugh when I was a kid, and my dad had to ask my mom how old he was.

LOL, I am just like you! Ever since my 40th birthday I can never remember how old I am. When my birthday rolls around each April I keep thinking to myself "now how old am I right now?? Ok, so how old will I be on my birthday??" I just laugh at myself and think I'm a dork!!

LOL, I am just like you! Ever since my 40th birthday I can never remember how old I am. When my birthday rolls around each April I keep thinking to myself "now how old am I right now?? Ok, so how old will I be on my birthday??" I just laugh at myself and think I'm a dork!!

I can *never* remember how long I've been married. Throws me every. single. time. I'm asked. When I've said the wrong # to someone, dh sweetly tells me later, you said xx, but it really is xx. He is a very understanding man!

My mother is 84 years young and still looks fantastic. My dad is 85 and just had knee-replacement surgery after years of hiking and climbing mountains in the U.S. and Switzerland.

My father-in-law is 91 years old and is right this moment out rowing on Lake Winnipesaukee against a fairly good breeze. He is amazing! My mother-in-law is 88 years old.

My mom died 6 years ago, but would have turned 90 this year. I'm 44...the youngest of 8. My oldest sibling is nearly 20 years older than me. The oldest 2 have sons my age and one who is a year and a half older than me. Crazy.

My dad died when I was in kindergarten...he would be 98 this year!

You're not alone. :D

Last night I had to ask dh how hold he was and then how old I was! :lol: I am 31. For yrs my dh was 27 and then 33 (in my head, anyway :001_huh:.) And, my mother is 51.

If she were alive she would have been 84 in May. She and my father were married 14 years and had given up on children when I appeared(followed by my brother 2 years later). Our parents were usually older than our friends' parents but they really cherished having us. I still miss her though she died 18 years ago when I was pregnant with number 2.