Menu

Another s/o poll: How old is your mother?

How old is your mother as of TODAY? (If she's deceased, how old would she be?)  

1. 1. How old is your mother as of TODAY? (If she's deceased, how old would she be?)

• Under 40
    • 40-45
    • 46-50
    • 51-55
    • 56-60
    • 61-65
    • 66-70
    • 71-75
    • 76-80
    • Over 80

OH MY GOODNESS! I'm not 32, I'm 33! What in the WORLD?! I swear ever since I turned 30, I simply cannot keep track of my age! I used to laugh when I was a kid, and my dad had to ask my mom how old he was.

I hope I'm not the only one who does this... :001_huh: :tongue_smilie:

You aren't. At least since I have trouble remembering my age 32 (I think), my husband doesn't get offended when I forget his age. (40 turning 41 this week). And I just know my parents birthday since my Dad turned 60 two weeks ago. He would always make fun of the fact he married a older woman. My Mom is a few months older then my Dad.

If she were alive she would have been 84 in May. She and my father were married 14 years and had given up on children when I appeared(followed by my brother 2 years later). Our parents were usually older than our friends' parents but they really cherished having us. I still miss her though she died 18 years ago when I was pregnant with number 2.

My parents are a similar story. The funny part is that these days parents are so much older that my parents would have fit in rather than being 10 or more years older than the parents of my class mates. Funny how things change.

I'm 44, mom is 73. And even tho' she just came for coffee this morning, I'm going to have to call her again today, because those of you who lost your moms so much earlier have made me very thankful that she is here.

Same here. I've been on and off the phone with my mom all morning. Reading these posts just make me all teary...

:grouphug: to all of those that have lost their moms.

My grandmother would have been 87, my mom is 61, and I will be 32 in a few days.

I didn't get pregnant at 19 on purpose (and now you know that story) - but in many ways, I am so glad i did. If I had waited, I am not sure my mom would have gotten to enjoy her grandkids. In today's standards, 30 is not "old" to have a child....but when i grew up, it was! I am even looking at the ages of most of your moms and women here who are 5 years older than me still have moms who are many years younger than my mom. It was just more common to have kids young back then, I guess.

Edited by Tree House Academy

My mum turned 63 today. I'm 40. My oldest is 22, my youngest are 6 (7 next month).

My parents are a similar story. The funny part is that these days parents are so much older that my parents would have fit in rather than being 10 or more years older than the parents of my class mates. Funny how things change.

That's funny. When my oldest was young, I was always the youngest parent in the room, by a decade. With the boys, I'm the oldest parent in their age group usually, also by a good decade. Funny how that works.

Edited by MyCrazyHouse

My mom lives with our family and will be 81 years old in October. Although she has health problems and is on oxygen 24/7, she is still active in many ways. We are blessed by her assistance with cooking 1-2 times per week, her baking, jelly making, sewing and flower growing on the patio and other things.

In reading the poll results so far, I see that I'm old enough to be the mother of 125 of you dear homeschool moms! I love being part of this forum, connecting with women who are a variety of ages. We all have so much to give and to learn from each other in this diverse, multi-generational group!

Blessings,

Lucinda

Just curious, considering I've just realized that I am probably older than some of your mothers! :ohmy:

My mother is 67, born in 1943 (will be 68 later this year).

I'm 50, born in 1960 (will be 51 later this year).

Yes, I was born when she was only 16--four days before her 17th birthday. She got married at age 15!

Nope, my mom has you beat by a few months. :001_smile: She was born in April of 1960.

Just curious, considering I've just realized that I am probably older than some of your mothers! :ohmy:

My mother is 67, born in 1943 (will be 68 later this year).

I'm 50, born in 1960 (will be 51 later this year).

Yes, I was born when she was only 16--four days before her 17th birthday. She got married at age 15!

Right there with you. My mom turned 70 a couple of weeks ago and I turned 49. I'm the youngest of her 3 children :D My mom married at 15 and had her first daughter at 16 as well.

Right there with you. My mom turned 70 a couple of weeks ago and I turned 49. I'm the youngest of her 3 children :D My mom married at 15 and had her first daughter at 16 as well.

Cool! I think we've noted before that we have several things in common or at least very similar. (Unless I have you mixed up with someone else. If so, blame it on my age. :lol:)