Menu

Soda preference :)

Soda preference?  

1. 1. Soda preference?

• Pepsi products
    • Coca-Cola products
    • other
    • I don't drink soda at all.

As I sit here drinking my daily soda (I allow myself one per day), I'm thinking about how things are in Georgia. This seems to be a Coca-Cola state, but I'm a Pepsi lover.

How about you?

Used to live in Georgia... it was hard to find Pepsi in a restaurant.. Diet Pepsi is so much better than Diet Coke, according to my taste buds.

Between coke and pepsi: Cherry Coke followed by regular Pepsi. Sometimes Dr. Pepper - I think that's a coke product, right?

Blue Sky and Hanson's sodas are good, but less widely available.

These days I've only been drinking homemade soda, which is about as healthy as you get with soda (probiotics, and sugar content is adjustable), but I haven't really got the flavoring right yet.

Izze pop :)

Iggy Pop? ;) j/k

I'm generally a Coke loyalist. Though I do love a good cream soda.

That said, I HATED when I was in school in Tennessee and someone would ask me if I wanted a Coke. The conversations generally went like this:

Them: Are you thirsty? Would you like a coke?

Me: Sure, that would be great.

Them: Ok, what would you like? We have Sprite, Pepsi, orange....

Me: :confused: I thought you had Coke? :confused:

My favourite commercial soda by far is Natural Brew's Outrageous Ginger Ale. However, we only have it as an occasional gingery treat.

ETA: I find Coke and Pepsi to be cloyingly sweet.

I don't have a preference for coke or pepsi. I only like it in fountain drink form because otherwise it is too strong. The only time I get it is on road trips. We stop by Sonic and dh and I split a cherry vanilla coke. The girls split a cherry sprite or root beer.

HEB has put out pure cane cola that DH drinks. Whenever I want a rum and cola, that's what I drink

I am not a big pop drinker (or should I say "soda.") However, when I need an afternoon pick-me-up, a Diet Pepsi is my go-to drink. Other than that, if I am going to waste the calories, I will drink a "gourmet" pop made with real sugar and real ingredients. (Okay, gourmet is not the word I was looking for ... you know, made in small batches, real stuff, appeals to the snobby foodies - what is that word?!?!?!) IBC root beer, Izze sodas, etc.

I put other but I'm almost at a "I don't drink soda" place. I stopped buying soda for home about a month ago but I still get it about once every couple weeks if we drive-through someplace.

I like Dr. Pepper and Brisk - which I believe are Pepsi products and Root Beer of just about any kind - I think there's at least one from each Coke and Pepsi and one that's a different bottler completely.

Edited to add: Around here most restaurants serve only one or the other unless it's a pizza or bagel/sandwich place and then they may actually have a cold case with cans/bottles of both. I think there's about equal distribution of Coke products versus Pepsi products.

Edited by dottieanna29

oh oh ohhhhhhh, Diet Coke all the way, baby!!! :001_wub: --although, full disclosure, I married a Pepsi. :svengo:

(Gets worse, though. I'm from Texas; he's a NY Yankee. I'm Picard; he's Kirk. I'm Thai; he's steak & potatoes. I'm Food Network; he's History Channel.

However, there is hope. He has, of late, been drinking a suspicious amount of Coke Zero. One down, two hundred to go...)

I have the rare designer, cane sugar root beer and also the rare ginger beer. I'd say 4 a year, tops. I grew up not drinking it. First soda was a cherry coke age 12 (first sleep over) and I barfed. It was, BTW, my last sleep over.

For the most part, I drink lemon or orange or cranberry/lime seltzer with a shot of lemon juice or other juice if I feel the need.

Edited by kalanamak

I am a straight-up real Coca-cola drinker. I am trying to cut back on my Coke intake though.

BTW, I found it funny that one poster thought Dr. Pepper was a Coke product and another thought it a Pepsi product. Dr. Pepper is its own company, the equivalent of Coca-cola and Pepsi, based in Texas. If this was a Texas poll, it would have read "Do you prefer Coke or Dr. Pepper?", Pepsi is a distant third here.

I prefer 'dark' coke over 'clear' cokes

I prefer pepsi over coke cola

I prefer diet over regular

So the best would be diet pepsi. :001_smile:

I dont allow myself my than one or two a month (out at dinner maybe, I do not keep cokes in the house. I don't like the heavy sweet of regular and the nutrasweet does bad things to me.

Other. As far as colas I prefer Coke, though when Pepsi had their throwback version I liked that a lot! I might have switched if they'd kept it. As far as rootbeers, I prefer Mug or A&W; to me Barq's has a funny taste. I also like A&W Cream Soda. As far as lemon-lime drinks, I like Sprite more than Sierra Mist.

Diet Coke with vanilla from Sonic during Happy Hour is very near daily for me. I'm totally addicted and have been for years.

The kids' favorite is Mexican Coke. We can only find it at Costco and we drive a long way to get it. Needless to say, we stock up.:glare: None of us can stand Pepsi, and my DH will actually ask in a restaurant if they have Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi. If the answer is the latter, he'll order iced tea.:lol:

Diet Pepsi actually gives me a stomachache.

I like Dr Pepper, Coke and sometimes Sierra Mist (because they are making it with sugar) Sometimes they have Dr Pepper with sugar, I wish they would do it more often. :( Atm I can only find Pepsi or Mt Dew with sugar. :(

If it is rootbeer I prefer IBC rootbeer. Taco Bueno has it on tap. Yum!

I don't really like Pepsi either and will drink tea instead. (I usually drink tea anyways)

I probably went decades without drinking a soda, but in recent years I will occasionally get a really good (sugar based) root beer or Ginger ale/beer and share one with my son.

Bundaberg Ginger beer from Australia is really good. I could get into trouble if we had a cooler full of these.

Bill

Sometimes they have Dr Pepper with sugar, I wish they would do it more often. :(

Around here, the Dr. Pepper with real sugar is called "Dublin Dr. Pepper". Dr. Pepper's original bottling plant is in Dublin, Texas, so that's the *real* stuff.