Menu

I thought breast cancer only happened to other people.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry you have to join us in the sisterhood! As a PP said, the first weeks after diagnosis are the hardest. Right now you are in hurry up and wait mode, information overload, and just plain overwhelmed by everything!

:grouphug: Dawn

Sending prayers your way!:grouphug:

I know how hard this is. The beginning is the worst---reading, waiting, decision-making, waiting some more. I found that once I had a treatment plan I could wrap my head around, somehow it all became tolerable.

I will most definitely pray for you. Also, check out http://www.breastcancer.org. It was invaluable for me.

Love and prayers,

Gina P.

Thank you so much! (trying not to cry as I read 9 pages of hugs & prayers).

I am really hopeful that it is a tiny stage 1. The doctor was SO optimistic on the phone ("We are going to get this taken care of!") but he warned me that he hadn't read the full pathology report yet, or gotten the MRI results which would show if it was anywhere other than the 1.2cm spot they already know about.

But until we see him Monday, I am going to stick with my stage 1 belief. So I'm not really worried about dying - more about pain from surgery, helplessness, being unattractive, etc.

Thanks so much for the :grouphug:

So very, very sorry. Welcome to the club nobody wants to be in.

For me, the first few days were the worst; the shock, the disbelief, the fear, the unknown. For me, it got better as I got details and a plan.

Praying for you and your family!

That's everything that I'm feeling.

I have faith that God has a plan in this, too, or that he has at least allowed it - so I am trying to rest in that, but it is hard.

Praying for both of you.

And thank you for the reminder that none of us are magically immune and we need to be vigilant about getting our checkups, etc.

Yes! Mine cannot be felt - it was only found through a mammogram, compared to a mammogram done 21 months ago. Please, ladies, get your mammograms done every 1-2 years.

I am so sorry you have to join us in the sisterhood! As a PP said, the first weeks after diagnosis are the hardest. Right now you are in hurry up and wait mode, information overload, and just plain overwhelmed by everything!

:grouphug: Dawn

I'm so sorry to hear that so many WTMers are in this sisterhood. :( I had heard the statistic about 1 in 8 women...so it shouldn't surprise me.

I know how hard this is. The beginning is the worst---reading, waiting, decision-making, waiting some more. I found that once I had a treatment plan I could wrap my head around, somehow it all became tolerable.

I will most definitely pray for you. Also, check out http://www.breastcancer.org. It was invaluable for me.

Love and prayers,

Gina P.

:grouphug: to you. Are you OK now?