Menu

The Christmas gift dh sculpted for me....

Thank you for all your sweet comments! :001_smile: Dh is incredibly talented and has made me some wonderful gifts over the years. - My favorite was a painting he did a couple of years ago of the 2 of us before we started dating (20 years ago). He was an art major in college and asked me to model for one of his scupture projects. (Smooth move- we started dating soon after!) The painting shows me sitting beside him while he worked on the sculpture - but in the painting, the face in the sculpture is our youngest daughter's instead of mine. He also put our other children in the painting (but you have to look for them, they aren't obvious).

How extremely beautiful! Is he a professional artist, or is this a hobby? What a loving, exquisite gift!

He is a professional artist, but teaching art (at local ps and private lessons) is his primary profession.

That was so beautiful, I have tears in my eyes.

I love the king removing his crown ("and we will cast our crowns before him"), and I love the tenderness in Joseph's body language--really, so lovely.

Sooo--could we see a pic of the pic he made for you? :001_smile:

That was so beautiful, I have tears in my eyes.

I love the king removing his crown ("and we will cast our crowns before him"), and I love the tenderness in Joseph's body language--really, so lovely.

Sooo--could we see a pic of the pic he made for you? :001_smile:

I love the tenderness in his body language as well! Mary and Joseph are actually 2 pieces- but they fit together so closely that they seem like one (my husband loves that part!)

I've attached a photo of the painting, but it's a little hard to see the details... the sculpture with my daughter's face is by his right elbow. The other kids are hard to see from the photo - our oldest daughter is in a tire swing upside down on what looks like a sketch pad in top right corner (this was an actual photo I took of her a few years ago). Oldest son is in red overalls above my shoulder. The picture of middle son is on a piece of paper to the right of husband's head. You have to really look for our children; they don't stand out to anyone but us. :001_smile:

post-9416-13535084348508_thumb.jpg

post-9416-13535084348508_thumb.jpg

Edited by creekmom

What a great gift. That guy rocks! How can we non-artist husbands compare?

I thought I was doing well by getting my wife a purse and wallet she would really like, but probably wouldn't buy for herself. I guess I should have gone out and killed an animal, tanned its hide and stitched it into a purse and wallet.

All kidding aside, that is an incredible gift and work of art.

What a great gift. That guy rocks! How can we non-artist husbands compare?

I thought I was doing well by getting my wife a purse and wallet she would really like, but probably wouldn't buy for herself. I guess I should have gone out and killed an animal, tanned its hide and stitched it into a purse and wallet.

All kidding aside, that is an incredible gift and work of art.

I would hate to see what that would look like, Babe! I've seen a belt you made, ya know?! My gift is just perfect!

Mary, that's a sweet gift from your dh! And the painting is beautiful, too.