Menu

POLL: If you had the choice regarding weigth vs. Books . . .

Weight vs. Book size  

1. 1. Weight vs. Book size

• Thin with small books
    • Average weight and books
    • Some padding and larger books
    • The infamous other (please explain)

Let say you could weigh a certain weight and be little on the thin size with practically no books. (A's)

Or you could be right in the middle with no padding but relatively small books as well. (B's)

Or you could have a little padding but much larger books. (C's)

Which would you choose? This is assuming that it was entirely up to you and you could make the choice.

Edited by KidsHappen

Duh. It took me a full minute to figure that one out.

These "book" threads always catch me off-guard. I spend too much time in actual LIBRARIES to be thinking about my bra size.

:lol::lol:

You know, I hardly ever wear a bra in the winter. Or in the summer, either, for that matter. I hate bras.

I'll go answer your poll now. :leaving:

Let say you could weigh a certain wieght and be little on the thin size with practically no books (A's).

I didn't get a choice, but fate chose this one for me. Since it's what I've been dealt, I've learned to live with it. Mostly. I console myself regarding my lack of curves by feeling good about my long, slender legs. I like being thin, and I don't think I'd want to give that up, even for bigger books.

So, I *think* I would chose this one, though your 'Or you could be right in the middle with no padding but relatively small books as well. (B's)' choice sounds fine too. That choice isn't an option for me, though. When I have gained weight in the past, it has all gone to my tummy and upper thighs - not one darned ounce went to my books! So for me, the choice is slender and an A cup, or tubby and an A cup, so I try to stay slender.

Well... being post menopausal... my body goes for a pear shape and very big books...

sigh...

I've always been avereage with books...

I have always wanted to be really thin... but with my genetics, I doubt that would include small books...

Thin with small books, which is what I am. Apart from surgery, the only way I could have bigger books at this point would be if everything else was substantially bigger, too. I'd rather have a fairly flat stomach and A-cuppers than flabby everything with C's.

:iagree:What she said...

I wish I thought C's were "larger". Me and my DDDs would take any of those options. I picked A's- having large books is HIGHLY overrated. I only have some 'padding' and clothes do not fit me at all.

:iagree: I dream of mosquito bites that I don't have to strap into their flight gear every morning, LOL.

I wish I thought C's were "larger". Me and my DDDs would take any of those options. I picked A's- having large books is HIGHLY overrated. I only have some 'padding' and clothes do not fit me at all.

A friend with the opposite problem as me have this conversation all the time. She had so much books that clothes didn't fit her. She ended up with a reduction surgery in her early 20s. I am thin (105lb, 5'4") with naturally less-than-A's and clothes don't fit me. It's the same problem on opposite sides. She and I both had surgeries to adjust it a bit. ;)

I'm thin now, with relatively big books (C-D). I'm happy with my body. But that wasn't one of the options in the original post.

So, I guess it comes down to which one do I like better? Big books or being slender?

I think being slender would win. I can always buy a padded bra or bra inserts! :D

Incidentally, I have used a silicone bra insert before. A friend of mine split a pair with me when we were both breastfeeding.

We were lopsided and looked funny in fitted t-shirts! :lol:

I'm another one who slim or fat is an A cup. I love not having to wear a bra but I'd like to have booKs bigger than my belly. I feel all out of proportion being so bottom heavy. Even pregnant/nursing I'm barely a B cup.

I chose average books, average weight.

Edited by dottieanna29

I know what I would choose, because I do choose it. I choose middle of the road on both. I purposefully choose to eat more calories to keep my weight in the 130 range (5'8").

I prefer to maintain a size 6-8 w/ Bs. I can go either way with my weight, thin (120lbs-125) or medium (125-135). I prefer to have a little more weight on me than when I am very thin (size 4 w/ As). I just get bony and feel like I look very 'stickish' with no curves. I don't like the way I look when I am very thin and really get sick of people's rude comments.

A major thing I don't like about this weight is the fact that I am right in between on jeans sizes and have a very, very hard time finding them to fit good. The weight difference puts me between a teenagers shape and fit (because I do have some hips and buns with the extra weight), but not as curry as a women's fit (thin legs).

LOL---I almost created this same poll this summer as I was adjusting my weight from being off work with a back injury. I had gained into the high 140's and wasn't happy there. I was trying to decide what I wanted to set my goal at.

It's a good thing I read the posts here before I answered your poll. I was going to suggest both being thin and owning a Kindle.

Funniest thing I've read all day. :lol::lol::lol:

I voted A. Thin and smaller. However I'm curvy and when I'm thin I still look like a nesting doll, different sizes on top and bottom.

I would LOVE to be thin with small booKs. Love it. There are so very many clothing styles I would love to be able to wear without looking...well, trashy.

As it is, nature gave me very thin with HUGE books. I wear size 0 pants...and a 30F bra. Trying finding THAT size in a department store! I have to go to specialty shops. It's ridiculous. And I'm not enjoying the effects of gravity now that I've had a few babies...

(Those are my normal sizes...right now I'm 8 months pregnant, which means NOT THIN, and the books...you really don't even want to know. :eek: )

I answered the poll thinking you were talking about actual books-you know, the ones you read? I sat there wondering why someone would come up with a poll about those two unrelated topics, trying to find the relevance. Then I decided to just answer the poll since I like answering polls;) now that I know what you were talking about, my answer is the same;)

P.S. In my defense, I've been in bed all day trying to kick this virus.

A. And I have made the choice . . . I can get close to a B cup when I'm about 10 pounds overweight. But I feel much better when I weigh less, even though I miss the books (booKs?). So I work out and wear an A cup.

(And can I say, that presents me with a shelf-finding problem? Working out increases my band size - due to weight-lifting - while decreasing cup size. Try finding a 38A. Just try. Especially, try finding a pretty one. Overall, the results of working out are good, because I look more hour-glassy - thin waist and the chest presses and such make the most of what I do have - but finding shelves. Oy.)

Used to be option A. Had my last child and am option B. Dh loves me this way, so I am happy where I am at.

I think that's lovely. My husband likes me any which way, and I have to say (selfishly) that living with the air-of-approval-in-my-general-direction is one of my favorite parts of being married.

I picked the third option. I just feel more, I'm not sure what, with bigger books. Sure they get in the way of seeing my feet and sometimes I shut them in drawers but I've gotten used to them. :lol: I was just thinking the other day that if I lose weight I might lose them too, I was kind of sad:confused::tongue_smilie: I don't even know why I feel that way.

I would LOVE to be thin with small booKs. Love it. There are so very many clothing styles I would love to be able to wear without looking...well, trashy.

Well, we small-booK girls can be pretty limited on styles too. It is utterly humiliating when a dress looks more feminine and curvy and beautiful on a hanger than it does on your body! There are some clothes that seem to scream "this is where booKs should be . . . if only I had them!" :(

I guess there are disadvantages to both "extremes" of the spectrum. Maybe it's the ladies who are average who have it made. :)

ETA - Okay, now I feel guilty for whining! I realize there are far worse things a person could have to deal with in life than small books. In fact, I have dealt with far worse things! And I'm not as self-conscious about it as I used to be. It bothered me a lot as a teenager and in my twenties. In my thirties I'm developing more of a "this is me, deal with it" approach, but I guess I still need some work. Honestly, the worst part of it was the problems I had breastfeeding my daughter. I barely made enough milk to keep the poor child alive! She did not gain one ounce from the time she was two months until she was eight months. I was stressed the entire time, though the doctors kept telling me to continue bf-ing, but to add in other foods sooner than I would have otherwise. Sigh. It is kinda pathetic when nature doesn't even give you enough to take care of your own child.

Edited by GretaLynne

Let say you could weigh a certain wieght and be little on the thin size with practically no books. (A's)

Or you could be right in the middle with no padding but relatively small books as well. (B's)

Or you could have a little padding but much larger books. (C's)

Which would you choose? This is assuming that it was entirely up to you and you could make the choice.

Well, I'd pick the second option, because that would be a step up in the books dept and I'd still have the same padding (a little padding, actually).

Well, we small-booK girls can be pretty limited on styles too. It is utterly humiliating when a dress looks more feminine and curvy and beautiful on a hanger than it does on your body! There are some clothes that seem to scream "this is where booKs should be . . . if only I had them!" :(

I guess there are disadvantages to both "extremes" of the spectrum. Maybe it's the ladies who are average who have it made. :)

ETA - Okay, now I feel guilty for whining! I realize there are far worse things a person could have to deal with in life than small books. In fact, I have dealt with far worse things! And I'm not as self-conscious about it as I used to be. It bothered me a lot as a teenager and in my twenties. In my thirties I'm developing more of a "this is me, deal with it" approach, but I guess I still need some work. Honestly, the worst part of it was the problems I had breastfeeding my daughter. I barely made enough milk to keep the poor child alive! She did not gain one ounce from the time she was two months until she was eight months. I was stressed the entire time, though the doctors kept telling me to continue bf-ing, but to add in other foods sooner than I would have otherwise. Sigh. It is kinda pathetic when nature doesn't even give you enough to take care of your own child.

Definitely disadvantages on both sides! For me it's a bummer when a gorgeous, classy dress makes me look like a streetwalker because I'm busting out (um...no pun intended ;) )

It sounds like you had a really rough bfing experience, that must have been tough. I had a terrible time with my first daughter, too. But I wanted to throw out there that milk production has nothing to do with breast size - you could have had those problems no matter your size. So don't hold it against your small booKs! :grouphug:

You know, I have never really cared what size my booKs are....never an issue. Maybe because they are just average. I used to be a B and now am a C. I am average, with nice booKs for my age. No big deal. I guess I am an option B because thats what I am and I am happy with it, but I chose "other" because I don't care much about the size of my booKs. I have never done anything to enlarge or shrink them. They are fine just the way they are.

I voted A, but I've always been thin with average booKs. Not so miniscule you don't know they're there, but small enough to not have to worry about them sagging, and I can go braless without looking trampy.

Works for me, which is good because I'm not an implants kind of gal! ;)

Cat