Menu

Still no name for dd - Tell me your top 5 girl names

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stick to just 5 names. these are some pretty ones that are not in the top 100 most popular names.

Adelaide *

Amelia *

Celeste

Daphne *

Eleanor

Eloise

Emmeline *

Evangeline

Felicity *

Genevieve

Helen

Isadora

Jemima

Josephine

Lydia *

Meredith *

Theodosia

Violet *

Vivian

The stars mean that the name is gaining popularity.

Your top 5 girl names - preferably pretty not cutesy, & not overly common

Sophie

Amélie

Isabeau

That's it. They're all French names, FWIW, and if I'd ever had a girl, those would have been her name.

My 4 daughters are named:

Madeline

Gabriella

Genevieve

Jillian

(Middle names are Angela, Elizabeth, Audrey and Clementine)

I must say I am tickled that my girls names have been suggested a lot on this thread. I love them. And Audrey is a BEAUTIFUL name. Genevieve Audrey's name is my favorite of all my kids names.

(I love their names. They are all very lyrical to me.)

I also love:

Havilah

Evangeline

Josephine

Gwendolyn

Edited by LaissezFaire

the names of my girls...

Emily (however that is becoming too common)

Brooke

Melanie (love it. It is different without being weird)

If I'd had a fourth, she'd have been Jessie. But I had a son.

Hollie

Jennifer, Kimberly (blast from the past...there were 7 Jennifers and 3 Kimberlys in my first grade class! But they are lovely names and you don't see girls named this anymore.)

ETA: Sorry I gave more than 5.

Edited by fairfarmhand

Audrey, did you ever hear the song "And Aubrey Was Her Name"? It was a very beautiful song by Bread back around 1970. You can probably hear it on YouTube. I always thought they were singing "Audrey," and that's what got me started really liking that name. It really is very pretty!!

Edited by Rebecca VA

How about Lisa?

Lisa Marie even?

Lisa first appeared on the SS top 20 list in 1958. It was #1 from 1963 (the year I was born) to 1969. It disapeared completely from top 20 in 1982 and in 2009, ranked #686. You won't find many Lisas now, it's very uncommon, but still classic and pretty. I love it! I'm REALLY hoping for a granddaughter named after me someday. ;)

Other favorites: Laura, Grace, Claire, Cora, Corina, Caroline, Christina, Jessi, Gloria, Julia, Dianna, Faith

(My DD9 is ClaireAnna Marie)

signed: Not really Katemary, but....Lisa Marie!

ps. My DH is named Ted. For a while we seriously considered naming her "Teddi Marie".

Edited by katemary63

I love my girls' names: Anna Kathryn, Emma Caroline, and Cora Elizabeth. If we had had another daughter, she would have been Lila Margaret or Lila Charlotte.

I also like Julia, Addy, Jillian, Maggie, and Ruby. I REALLY REALLY wanted to name our youngest daughter Ruby, but Patrick wouldn't have it. I'm glad we ended up naming her Cora because she is just such a Cora. :001_smile:

Oops, that was more than 5. :001_smile:

Your top 5 girl names - preferably pretty not cutesy, & not overly common

Kyra Inessa (Kyra is pronounced with a long E sound like ear, not eye) This or Kyra Nadezhda or Hope Nadezhda were the leading contenders for us; alas we had only boys.

Alexandra (I like that it has lots of possible nicknames)

Honore (with an accent above the last e) or perhaps Annora (I'm a big Honor Harrington fan, but wouldn't use Honor itself.)

I like the names Katherine and Eleanor(e). Kathleen is pretty and not as common as Katherine. Katrina is another pretty version.

I like Emily, Emilie, Amelia (though there is the Amelia Bedelia series, which might be a childhood negative). One of my g-grandmothers was EmilieEtta, which I think is pretty and unusual (but must have had some baggage, because she went by Kris after her first name Christine :001_huh:).