Menu

When does/did school start back for you?

I'm starting teaching on August 16, BUT I'm going to start counting on August 1st - dd9 is going to camp that week and dd5 will be in a half day zoo camp. The next week both girls will be in a week-long art camp. My first day is the 16th - and we'll spend that week studying astronomy and local history in the desert. The next week we'll start academics. We'll have three weeks of being on a get-up-early schedule before we start school. I think it will be a great way to start since this morning dd9 was snuggling with me in bed at 10am.

I'm going to try to start the 16th. If I'm ready. I haven't even gotten all my curriculum in. I really wasted the first part of the summer being wishy washy about whether we were going to homeschool or not so now I'm just trying not to freak out...

Well, I started "school light" this week. DS is doing 1 page of math, 1 page of spelling, reading 1 section of the Complete Book of US History, and writing a 3 sentence summary of the history lesson each day unless we have an outing that precludes it.

Our more rigorous schedule will start in September after Labor Day when his PS friends are back in school.

August 1, I think. DSS's will be heading back to their dad's, and we'll kick off our new routines. Meet the teacher for DD's enrichment program is the 6th and class for that starts the following Friday (it's weekly), so we're running ahead of the PS schedule a bit. I want to get a jump on things because of the baby.

We started on Monday! Normally we follow the ps calendar, but first they were starting the week of dd's birthday, and I hated to do school three days and then have a break, and now they are starting ON dd's birthday. So... a week earlier it was. I'm actually really loving having a couple of weeks before all our outside activities gear up.

August 9. We were going to start on the 16th, but it turns out that's the only time I can go see my new baby nephew in Philly. So we'll split the first week into two half weeks. We've already started waking up early and our morning routine.