• Husband wears a wedding ring
    • Husband doesn't wear a wedding ring
    • Other just because

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DH wears his ring and I wear mine.

I have gained weight since we married, but for some reason my ring finger got smaller. The ring falls off my ring finger so I wear my wedding ring on my middle finger. Our oldest DD absolutely hates that my ring is on my middle finger. DH doesn't mind.

I hardly ever take mine off. DH wore one all the time, but had to take his off to fly (AF pilot), and would put it in his flight suit. He was tired of having to take it on and off all the time, and was afraid he'd lose it, so about 18 months ago he got a wedding ring tattoo. Not my idea! Everyone thinks I made him do it, but he was the one who really wanted it.:D

I always wear my wedding ring (I don't think it's ever been off), my engagement ring is optional. My DH lost his first wedding ring on a training mission, he wears his replacemnt ring now that he is a civilian.

SailorMom - my DH loves the idea of a tattoo! He always joked he was the one putting his back on when everyone else was taking theirs off (on liberty). ;)

We both wear our wedding rings. Dh always has; however, I had to take mine off for my 2nd pregnancy because I had issues with swelling. It went back on my finger a few weeks after ds#2's birth and hasn't come off since (well, except to be cleaned) :).

I wear mine all the time. I can't get it off. My fingers have, um, grown.

Dh has had 3 rings and has lost every one of them. This was because of his former job which he had to keep taking off the ring to get his hand into tight places and not get caught on anything. (airplane technician) He would put the ring in his pocket and somehow it would disappear. I refuse to buy him another one.

We both wear ours--they're just plain bands. Dh once lost his. He used to take it off for work (safety) and put it in his pocket. It must have fallen out. He got a new one after about a month of searching and not finding it. We eventually did find it--it fell into a crack in the couch--but he still wore the new one because the design was more comfortable. Dh's ring was just a plain ring from the jewelry store. My ring was dh's grandmother's ring.

DH's have gotten bigger since we got married because he has gained weight and it doesn't fit anymore. It was titanium, so it couldn't be resized. We want to get a replacement, but he can't wear it at work for safety reasons so we're not really in a rush.

I only wear mine when I leave the house because they are a little loose and drive me crazy when I'm doing housework and such.

When we 1st got married we both wore them, especially me.

After a few months dh started taking off his band to go to work but put it on when we went places. He has a wide band and it was bothering him at work (plus any ring isn't safe).

Somewhere along the way I stopped wearing my engagement ring. It isn't a big one but I broke out once and the 2 rings was really bugging me. Then I stopped wearing my wedding band during the summer. My hands started swelling and I almost couldn't get it off 1 time.

Now neither of us wear a ring. Out of the habit and we tease everyone knows we are married.

I always wear my ring. It's just a band, no engagement ring or diamonds.

Dh does not wear his. It used to bother me. But he worked in construction for a long time and it was dangerous for him to wear one. A friend of ours nearly lost his finger when his ring caught on a nail as he was swing down from a roof. It gloved his finger. Ack!

Dh has gone through 3 rings. The first was lost a year into our marriage. The second one had to be cut off when he had a chemical reaction that made his hands swell. We still have the third. He wears it to job interviews and nights out with me. I notice if he wears it a long time, his skin gets irritated. His ring is gold, but it's wide and I think sweat underneath it agitates the skin or something.

I wear my rings all the time. DH used to wear his, but he stopped wearing it when he started working construction, because he found that he was often taking it off to use machinery, where the ring could be a liability. (It's a very wide ring.) Now that he's in the office, he could wear it, but he was also super thin when we got married, and it doesn't fit him now. I've looked into getting it resized, but at the width it is, it would be very expensive.

I voted other. Dh doesn't usually wear his because of his job. I'm wear mine sometimes. My original wedding ring doesn't really fit anymore, but I have another ring that my MiL gave me that's beautiful and special so I wear that one most of the time. However, it's not uncommon for me to now wear one at all.

Neither my husband or I wear a wedding ring. We do have them. We choose not to wear them for reasons I mostly won't go into, lest it get political. :tongue_smilie: Basically, until any two consenting adults have the right to marry, we won't wear our rings. I do have a tattoo I consider in lieu of my ring (it's an equal sign).

Neither one of us wear ours. My husband is a plumber and has had 2 close calls with ring finger, so no more ring. Me, my fingers are too fat now. =)

I'm glad I'm not the only one!:lol: My wedding & engagement rings are too small, but here's hoping!

Dh does wear his. I don't really wear any rings, and no one has noticed, except a good friend of our (male) recently looked at me and said "You aren't wearing your wedding ring; why?" I don't even know what I replied. Not the truth!

Dh doesn't wear his - at one point he wore it on his right hand bec he has jammed his fingers so many times on his left hand playing basketball that his ring finger is too big. We finally had it re-sized when he had several people tell him they were "sorry your wife passed away" - apparently many times widows/widowers wear their wedding rings on their right hand. But, now that he's caught the ring on several things and lost a diamond out of it he doesn't wear it.

For me, I wear a ring, not my wedding ring, when I go out in public. I'm allergic to my wedding ring. I have been looking into having a platnium wedding ring made, but just haven't done it yet. DH would like to do that for our anniversary this year.

we both wear our rings. i honestly don't think my husband can take his off. it's stuck there i think, lol. every now and again i wil go a few days without mine. i make homemade pizza dough & i always remove my ring for that. sometimes it takes a few days to remember to put it back on.

I voted that we both wear them. I don't always wear mine around the house, but I generally put it on before I leave.

Dh wears his unless he is deployed or doing something else that makes wearing it risky (like jumping out of a plane), but that is not every day for him. And before anyone says that it isn't really that dangerous to have a ring, we actually know someone who lost his finger due to wearing his ring in a situation where it was risky.

Edited by Mrs Mungo

I wear mine all the time, except for the last couple of months of pregnancy when my fingers were as fat as sausages. (I have this thing about not being able to take my rings off- if I can't get them off I freak out so I remove them before that point!). Dh lost his within a week of the wedding. A couple months later, he got another one and that one lasted 3 weeks. I think he's on his 4th or 5th now and finally he's gone 6 months or so with the same ring!!!! Every time he lost it, it took him longer and longer to get it replaced- so the majority of our marriage he hasn't worn one.

My husband never takes his off. I wear mine every time I go out, but I don't wear it around the house. I spend far too much time washing things and bumping into things that my ring was always getting smacked around. I even broke the setting off my engagement ring and had to have it reattached.

My dh had a wedding ring when we got married 22 years ago. Within the first year, he lost it while fishing. We didn't have the money to replace it at that moment. Within a couple years, he went to school to be a mechanic. At that point, it became dangerous for him to wear a ring and do his job. Over the years - on and off - we have looked at getting him a ring, but in the end - we never do. I love my rings even though they are small compared to so many. It reminds me that we were 17 and 16 when he bought them for me and where we started.

I voted that my husband wears a wedding ring, but I am "Other, just because." For our twenty-fifth wedding anniversary, he had the diamond from my engagement ring put in a beautiful new setting. That ring has replaced my wedding ring.

We both wear ours sometimes.

I don't at work because of handwashing.

DH keeps buying me "wedding rings". I have 3 (all inexpensive). The first I actually really like (and is the only one I helped choose), but it's braided, so a nightmare from an infection control standpoint, and I was about 50lbs heavier and pregnant when we bought it. A second is very plain and not impractical for work, but blocky looking (I'm pretty sure it's actually intended for a male) and also doesn't fit well. The other is ok from a work standpoint, but somewhat gaudy and blocky. He doesn't seem to get that I prefer rings on the daintier side - the last two rings are both about 1/2 cm wide. If I had something plain and thin that fit well, I imagine I'd wear it. Perhaps I'd get less surprised looks about having three kids :)

I'd feel worse about not wearing them more if DH wore his frequently.

I voted "Husband doesn't wear a wedding ring" because Dh has an allergic reaction to gold. We've tried two different wedding rings and it causes him total misery. If it weren't for this, he would definitely wear a ring.

We actually had to sell both rings at one point because we needed the money desperately. Made us sad, but they were just sitting in the box on the dresser.

Blessings,

Lucinda

We both wear them, though neither of us are wearing our originals!

Me - I gained weight through both pregnancies, and though I have lost weight, I don't yet quite fit into my original set. Can't wait until I do though! I'm wearing a "temporary" band. Feels too weird to me after 17 years to go without. This is my second substitute ring, since the first one got too loose after I lost 35 pounds, and kept falling off.

DH - Gained weight, which for him is a good thing, so his original ring no longer fits him. We bought him a new one a while ago.

Edited by momto2Cs

We both wear our rings all the time and have since we put them on in our wedding ceremony. His job takes him into a warehouse situation sometimes, where rings are not supposed to be worn, but he keeps his on. I had to take mine off, for about 20 minutes, while a jeweller stetched it just a little bit, during third pregnancy.

I almost never take mine off, lol. My father never wore one because he was a rancher and his fingers would swell up from working in the freezing cold, so it wasn't safe for him. Women knew he was married though, in a small community. I don't know what I think of a white collar man who doesn't wear a wedding ring.

I voted Wife doesn't/Husband does.

In an attempt to find a ring that doens't irritate my skin, we have bought 2 different wedding rings for me. Both of them are horrible to my skin (18carat gold and a platinum).

My husband has no problems with his current ring, but his old one trapped too much water underneath and left his finger red and irritated all the time. His new one works great.

We both have always worn ours; however, dh lost his last fall and we haven't replaced it yet. Our church had a fall festival, and he helped do a lot of work setting up, cleaning up, and such. It was cold outside, so we think it slipped off from his fingers shrinking up. We've been on site with a metal detector and haven't found it. We kept hoping it would turn up somehow, but we'll replace it this summer.

Just to give you some encouragement.. About 6 months ago, dh and I were going through some pretty serious marital difficulties. After a particularly disheartening (for me) meeting with our Pastor, I kind of "dropped" my wedding rings on my way out of the church between the door and my car. Ok, I threw them. One band was the one we'd gotten married with, a tiny little inexpensive piece of brushed gold. The other 2 were a more expensive set of band + solitaire diamond. I naturally regretted it once I got home and cooled down, and spent hours searching the area. I was ashamed at my act of impulsiveness, so I hesitated to ask the secretary if rings had been found. I finally did get up the nerve though, and in fact, the more expensive set had been turned in to the office shortly after "the unfortunate ring-throwing incident". I was SO happy to have them back, but my heart still hurt from my throwing away our original little ring.

Well, a few weeks ago, I was at practice for my role as a towns-woman in our Easter Cantata, and a couple of the little girls were playing my children. I had never met one of the girls, but I looked down at her hand at one point, and lo and behold, she was wearing my little wedding ring! Her grandmother had found it weeks before, and thinking it was a child's costume ring, gave it to her. I really dreaded re-claiming it and taking her little treasure away from her, but she was the most precious, gracious little thing! She resisted even taking the "finder's reward" money I offered! I eventually did get her to accept it on the day of the cantata, but ANYway, WHAT are the odds that this little girl, whom I'd never even seen before at church, would end up playing my daughter?! We had 100 people in the cantata!

Sorry for such a long story, everyone. I'm just still so thrilled to have it back, AND I got the bonus of making a sweet little new friend :)

Dh wears his most of the time, but will sometimes take it off for the night. I used to wear mine all the time, but I lost it! :sad: I had a dream that I took it off and threw it, and I think I actually did that. We've searched for it, but it's nowhere to be found. It's not that big of a deal. Dh's friend buys jewelry from estate sales, and we just took bands from his collection.

I only wear my engagement ring a couple times a year. It was dh's great-grandmother's and it's old, delicate and too fancy for my lifestyle. I never really wanted an engagement ring, anyway.

I'm the obligatory other. :tongue_smilie:

We both wear our wedding rings some of the time, evenings and weekends. But neither of us wear our wedding rings at our jobs- DH doesn't because it could result in injury, and I don't because I'm a nurse and wedding rings carry pathogens. I never ever wear my engagement ring; it just sits in my jewelry box.

My wedding ring is currently retired to my jewelry box for the next 4 months. I'm 6 months pregnant, my fingers are swollen some days, and there's no point taking it off and on so much that I risk losing it.