Menu

heartbroken - NY woman dies

SoCal_Bear

My heart is broken, and I can't stop crying. My children have never seen me cry because I don't cry.

Michelle is precious in my heart and my memories as one of the "kids" in the youth ministry I launched right out of college while working full time as to become a CPA. All of these "kids" are all grown up and scattered near and far...but even though I have lost touch with some, they are always remembered in my prayers.

Please pray for her parents, Justin and Marjorie, and for her brother.
Michelle truly lived an accomplished life that had impact and meaning. The world feels a little darker today because her life shined so bright.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/16/nyregion/michelle-go-man-pushes-woman-subway.html

https://nypost.com/2022/01/16/what-we-know-about-times-square-subway-shove-victim-michelle-go/amp/?fbclid=IwAR2wtZQr_BWCbLXflHDpBLzJdG-mUowgt5fVlswL1ak1l7OdvCphnjIyFco

Edited by calbear
  • Sad 66

Yes, I was reading about it this last weekend. I was so angry.  Not only about the murder, but also about the Scientologists too.  After all, they were the ones who are the leaders of dismantling the whole mental health system because they think mental health is non existent.   This man has a very long rap sheet, and a very long history of mental illness.  I have no idea if when his last crime was but NYC just elected a nutcase DA who isn't charging people for even violent crimes if they aren't violent enough.  I really feel very badly for all the innocent people in NYC who are becoming victims so much more- not even with just this latest DA but the crimes were rising rapidly in the last few years.  People like this man need to be put away - both for his sake and even more for everyone elses.  He should be in a very secure but compassionate hospital for the dangerous mentally ill.  But that isn't what we have.

He is Jamaican and I am not sure if even a US citizen.    But anyway, you know how nuts he is because he was ranting about slavery in this country and how he wants reparations from us and even if someone was paying reparations, he wouldn't be eligible since his ancestor weren't slaves here- they may have been in Jamaica, but not here.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, calbear said:

My heart is broken, and I can't stop crying. My children have never seen me cry because I don't cry.

Michelle is precious in my heart and my memories as one of the "kids" in the youth ministry I launched right out of college while working full time as to become a CPA. All of these "kids" are all grown up and scattered near and far...but even though I have lost touch with some, they are always remembered in my prayers. Please pray for her parents Justin and Marjorie and for her brother.

I didn't know that you knew her until this post but I always figure that these victims of violence have so many that suffer. I will be praying for you, for her parents and her brother.  It is such a shock to you when someone you know is murdered or the spouse of a murdered person.  Hugs to you-it really is tough.  

Just now, Catwoman said:

I had seen this on the local news and thought it was horrible, but knowing that you knew her and that she was such a lovely person makes it so much worse. I will pray for her family, and for you, too, @calbear. I’m so sorry. 😞 

I read about her on the news about her on the news and I knew she was a lovely person just from that news article- which I thought was a really good thing to do- we need a lot more articles about the lives of victims of crimes----we usually only get them about the criminals.

One of my main interests in criminology was victimology- both how to reduce chances of getting victimized and for supporting victims.

• Like 2

CBS San Francisco Bay Area posted on Facebook since Michelle is a bay area native.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2022/01/17/michell-go-remembered-as-selfless-volunteer-after-times-square-subway-push/

“BACKGROUND:

Michelle Alyssa Go

Michelle was born on December 29, 1981, to Justin and Marjorie Go, in Berkeley, California. She grew up with her parents and brother Jefferey in Fremont, California.

In 1998, Michelle graduated from American High School, where she was a cheerleader and in the Honor Society. She graduated from UCLA in 2002, with a degree in Economics. After graduation, she worked for Ferguson Plumbing Supply in Pasadena, CA as a customer service and sales representative.

A few years later, Michelle attended the NYU Stern School of Business and received her MBA in 2010. She then joined Barclays Capital in their Investment Banking Group. Michelle later joined the consulting group from Deloitte, where she assisted clients with their mergers and acquisitions efforts.

Michelle had a love of life, loved her family, and loved to meet and work with people. She made and kept up with countless friends from grade school to college to graduate school and at her workplaces. Her friends would tell us that Michelle was smart, funny, big hearted and a real role model. Michelle loved to travel the world to meet new people and different cultures.

Most recently, Michelle traveled to the Maldives with friends to celebrate her 40th birthday and the New Year 2022.

Michelle will be deeply missed by her parents, brother, many aunts and uncles, cousins, as well as many friends and colleagues.”

I saw that story earlier and felt gutted when I read it. Poor woman didn't even see it coming and for it to just be some random event... 😞

I'm sorry for your personal loss. It's tragic enough to lose someone we've cared for - even moreso when it's so senseless like this.

Edited by easypeasy