Menu

He got the job!

ktgrok

3 minutes ago, Pen said:

Tell him congratulations!!!!!

And congratulations to you too!!!

will he be able to take training seminar or does job conflict?

I don't think he's going to do the training seminar, which I'm bummed about, but accepting. It overlaps with "owl fest" at the avian rehab center, and he doesn't want to miss that. 

• Like 3

Yay! Congratulations to your DS!! I hope he loves the new job and it works out well for him. I had a grocery store job at 19 and my shifts started at 5 am. It was terrible to start that early, but I was done for the day by lunchtime and it was great having the rest of the day to myself!

So he starts tomorrow! He will work 6:45 until closing! They close at 5:30 so he'll probably get out around 6pm I would think. so a very long day! I told him he needs to buy new sneakers, but he didn't get a chance today as he had to go out and find scrubs. 

I'm so excited for him, and nervous for him too. 

He'll be fine with the early morning, he adjusts pretty easily. He often used to go fishing that early, and on the days he volunteers he has to be there by 9:30, so he isn't always sleeping in all morning. But I think being on his feet all day is going to be rough at first. I remember well how my feet felt the first few days ?

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Ktgrok said:

My 19 year old Aspie got the kennel job he interviewed for! He's there now filling out the paper work. He'll be working "close to full time" and his shifts start at 6:45 am. He woke up at 11am today, this will be interesting, lol. But good for him!!! So excited for him!

I was so excited to see your post!   Yah!!!!

• Like 1

Yahoo!  What great news.  I love to hear about forward movement for adult kids who have taken non traditional routes.  Gives me hope for my own :)

My own 21 yo struggler/ slogger loves the days she gets to wear her scrubs to her clinical tech classes.  It makes her feel "official."  

We will hold our thumbs here that it is a great day.

Amber in SJ

He's home! He had a great day, and decided he LOVES greyhounds, as they have two that live there (blood donors) and he spent quite a bit of time with them (bathing, grooming, etc). He also got to play with some kittens that are up for adoption, and then the normal cleaning/walking/feeding/etc. It was slow today but will pick up as the holidays approach and people board their pets more. Overall a success! Oh, and the sub place in the same plaza gives them free subs once a month and today was that day, so he got a free lunch ?

• Like 18

On 10/15/2018 at 11:58 PM, Ktgrok said:

My 19 year old Aspie got the kennel job he interviewed for! He's there now filling out the paper work. He'll be working "close to full time" and his shifts start at 6:45 am. He woke up at 11am today, this will be interesting, lol. But good for him!!! So excited for him!

I am so happy for him! Mine had an interview today. Waiting to see. ❤#momsofaspies

• Like 1