We are just having a fun day at home.

decorating a gingerbread house

making cookies and fudge

playing games with the kids

having a candy cane hunt

making christmas slime

reading the christmas story and christmas books

watch some christmas shows

well we will do what we can, it may not all get done.

I don't think I'm forgetting anything?

1 more thing. we have to put handprints on our tree skirt for this year.

Edited by Elizabeth86

Our stressful day is tomorrow -- we are hosting dinner at 1:30.  After that, we have church at 6:00, we'll spend some quality time together before bed, and I will be wrapping  :crying: !  Christmas will be our more relaxing day.

We decorated gingerbread houses with a friend tonight.  That was tons of fun.  DH and I have prepped some food tonight and I'm cleaning bathrooms.  2 down, 2 to go -- LOL!

Your day tomorrow sounds AWESOME!!!

After church, I will be baking cookies (made the dough already), getting the cinnamon rolls ready for Xmas morning (made the dough and froze, but have never done this before), making seafood newburg for dinner, making a breakfast egg casserole and a quiche (two vegetarians will be here and the casserole has sausage in it), cutting up veggies for Xmas to take to mil’s, making crab dip, and making corn dip. Then, going to Xmas Eve service. Hope I have the energy to do it all.

Tomorrow is Christmas day. Today we skipped church, made fudge and had a swim. I am too tired to do any fun stuff. We have pretty much ignored Christmas this year though ds10 did a reading at the kids show last week and we finally put up the tree yesterday. Must do better next year.

Edited by kiwik

Christmas at the IL's house, with MIL, FIL, BIL and his family. That will take most of the afternoon. Then tomorrow evening, we will come home and have make your own pizzas for dinner - that's our random Christmas Eve tradition. Then we will all get to unwrap our new pajamas, and then the hardest part - getting the kids to go to sleep so we can set up the new Xbox!!!!!

Breakfast casserole at 9:15!  When that's done, I'll have cranberry bliss bar dough ready to go in the oven, and I'll get the dinner roll/cinnamon bun dough started.

Then church.

After church, finish the dinner rolls and get the cinnamon buns set up to go in the fridge for baking tomorrow.

Hang out with the family.

Church again!  

After church, hang out with the family some more, try to watch something together.

Then gift wrapping, if I have no chance to do it earlier.

Church

Get the cinnamon roll recipe started

Continue reading A Christmas Carol out loud

Watch a few "The Office" Christmas episodes

Finish planning my son's Ancient Egyptian History class that starts in January

OP, I think your plans sound awesome. We've been doing that stuff all week and having a lot of fun.

• Like 2

Games, puzzles and relaxing (maybe “White Christmas†as it’s snowing tonight and kids are nutty excited) Church/Christmas Eve service, appetizer dinner, Grinch movie and 3 stocking stuffers 😜

A little food prep/kitchen time for me. Always. But NO laundry. NO shopping or errands. NO cleaning.

I have to bake a dessert that we will bring along to relatives' house on Christmas Day. Tomorrow evening is our Christmas celebration. I am just going to putter around all day, read a little, take dog for a walk and then light the candles and prep our little dinner.

Christmases are laid back around here, so tomorrow begins 'festivities', though it's nothing like what some other people have.  :tongue_smilie:

It's Sunday, so we'll go to church in the morning.  

Then we'll come home, eat lunch, and the stuff that can be premade will be made in the afternoon.  Each of the kids makes something to take to eat, I know they'll do theirs or at least as much as they can.  I'll do as much for mine as I can.  

We have soup for dinner every Christmas eve and then the kids open one present (always pjs) and we watch a movie.  

That's it!  

We're low key lol.  :)

Our stressful day is tomorrow -- we are hosting dinner at 1:30. After that, we have church at 6:00, we'll spend some quality time together before bed, and I will be wrapping :crying: ! Christmas will be our more relaxing day.

We decorated gingerbread houses with a friend tonight. That was tons of fun. DH and I have prepped some food tonight and I'm cleaning bathrooms. 2 down, 2 to go -- LOL!

Your day tomorrow sounds AWESOME!!!

yes it will be fun. the best part is that it doesn't all have to be done. I just wanted a lot of options.

church in the morning - it's a shortened meeting schedule since tomorrow is actually Christmas Eve.  (our normal block is three hours.) 

in the afternoon, a friend's traditional catered Christmas Eve open house

Christmas Eve dinner at our house with family.

my sil is bringing two of her grandchildren to dinner.  the oldest is a couple years younger than dudeling . . . .(they're first cousins once removed. iow: different generations)

read the Christmas story, sing carols

Tomorrow morning dh is going to make french toast and we'll watch Dr. Who Christmas episodes, play games, and lounge about until 2. Then we'll get ready for drinks, appetizers, and present exchange with fil and my sil's house. At 5, we will all head over to dh's grandmother's house for dinner, pictures, presents, and good company. Present opening take hours because there are 30+ people and everyone opens one at a time. Then we head to midnight Mass.

• Like 2

Tomorrow is my birthday, but I have a lot to do to prepare for hosting Christmas brunch...

Mine too.

My sweet children have told me to expect to be eating something around 3:30 so I should plan my mealtimes accordingly.

And, since the youngest at home is 16, and dh is stationed overseas, it will just be 4 of us for Christmas.  I promised the kids spaetzle but the rest of the meal is pretty much easy ( roast beast, roast veggies, rolls from frozen , and I think Mrs Smith is preparing a pumpkin pie for dessert. 

So, my tomorrow should be easy - especially if I get all the wrapping finished tonight.

We are having about 12 people including our family for dinner. Ds is sick and miserable, fil is just starting to feel better from whatever this bug is, and I just started with it tonight. I don't have the house ready, I still have wrapping to do and I'm over-tired from ds coughing all night for the last 3 nights. At least we don't have to cook. We split the cost and have Christmas Eve catered.

Last min. Christmas shopping in on the list, but I am not feeling all that great, so I may just say "forget it!" and do it after Christmas.  I will be making cinn. rolls I guess, as it is expected.  Finish wrapping, buy a couple of gifts online and print them out (gift cards I was too lazy to actually go get.)

Christmas stresses my Aspie out, although I think he still secretly likes it, even though it is stressful.  But his stress stresses me out!

and I just found out 2ds invited two friends to dinner tonight/christmas eve (their family does a big thing on christmas day). not a problem (dh has known their mothers family since she was the annoying little sister.) - and they've come the last few years. I'd wondered if they'd end up coming this year too.   dsil had a hard time with it - as he was new to our family and wanted to formally propose.  so he ended up proposing in front of them too.

and sil is coming - but she also was good friends with one of their uncles when she was growing up.

so, I'm up to 11.   my only concern is extending a table with a tree in the way.

I like the idea of a candy cane hunt and hand prints on the Christmas tree skirt! Neither my husband's family nor mine really had any Christmas traditions growing up, so I'm always looking to borrow other people's for my own kids. We will try those.  I guess we'll bake and decorate some gingerbread cookies for Santa, too. I'll finish reading aloud A Christmas Carol. And then (inspired by the Icelanders) we will exchange books and read them while nibbling chocolate in the evening. In the spirit of Christmas, I hope my older children will not react with violence when they realize I've gifted the toddler with the book he requested over and over and over and over again after borrowing it from the library, and which they have grown to loathe with a passion. (It may be a version of The Wheels on the Bus. I can't blame them. But, he's really cute when he sings along. Yeah, they're going to hate me.)

• Like 1

Cinnamon rolls for breakfast

Probably get out snowshoeing. We spent all day indoors yesterday thanks to an ice storm, so we'll all want some exercise and fresh air and it's too icy to ski. Snowshoes it is!

Plan a trip we spontaneously bought tickets for

Open one present in late afternoon

Eat takeout Indian on china in the living room while watching A Christmas Story

Most of it's tradition and all of it's low key. We like simple. Lol.

Today is our traditional big, extended family Christmas supper. This year it’s at my parents’ house. So we’ll all get together, stuff ourselves silly, and do lots of dishes. We’ll stay overnight there, then tomorrow morning we’ll open presents and my brother’s family will come for grain-free waffles I’m making for breakfast and to open their gifts before they go to SIL’s family gathering.

Well, DS8 was supposed to have hockey practice this morning.  DH slid toward the highway, took one look at the wrecks already happening from the snow, and came back.

They are in the yard having a snowball fight.

I'm finishing up food prep for tomorrow - GF donuts/muffins/cinnamon rolls for breakfast, cooked ground sausage for the crack dip, and chili for lunch today.

Then we'll finish up some Christmas books and play some of the new board games the kids got from Grandpa (5-Minute Dungeon, Castle Panic expansions, Bugs in the Kitchen - all hits so far!).  Once the roads clear up tonight we'll be going to my mom's for dinner.

Not a bad Christmas Eve so far.

Mine too.

My sweet children have told me to expect to be eating something around 3:30 so I should plan my mealtimes accordingly.

And, since the youngest at home is 16, and dh is stationed overseas, it will just be 4 of us for Christmas.  I promised the kids spaetzle but the rest of the meal is pretty much easy ( roast beast, roast veggies, rolls from frozen , and I think Mrs Smith is preparing a pumpkin pie for dessert. 

So, my tomorrow should be easy - especially if I get all the wrapping finished tonight.

Happy birthday!

• Like 1

I just woke up from a nap. My husband is still asleep next to me. We went to church this morning & woke up very early. I’m about to make green bean casserole, biscuits, and creamed corn... then we have to be to our friends at 4:00 for dinner. Tonight we plan to watch Polar Express ðŸ‘ðŸ»

My parents will be here tomorrow, and I’m really looking forward to that â¤ï¸