Menu

Group hug! Group hug!

Somedays I feel Republican, somedays Democrat. Sometimes I feel I'm going great guns with a classical education and somedays I think I'll check radical unschooling. But I always like hugs.

Janet

OMG! I was just going to say that!! :laugh:

Edited by sunshine
grammar the bane of my existance

Somedays I feel Republican, somedays Democrat. Sometimes I feel I'm going great guns with a classical education and somedays I think I'll check radical unschooling. But I always like hugs.

Janet

:iagree: Great post! Perfectly says what I feel. :grouphug:

I noticed there was no provision for I grit my teeth through all hugs in real life but since this is not real life I'll join in. If there's a stand back here and smile at you bandwagon, I'll hop on it with you, Rosie. But not too close to you, don't worry.

:smilielol5:

(I will not tell you that if I ever meet you IRL I'm going to have to give you a great big hug.)

Not sure how we're still mad about stuff - I'm not - but I love you all anyway!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I will join in a group hug. Classical education is wonderful. Thank you Susan Wise Bauer for being there for everyone on this board.

You guys at Well Trained Mind are outstanding. :grouphug:

I have no idea why we are doing this but we could all use a hug.

Blessings on your homeschool journey and other journey!

Sincerely,

Karen

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony

Edited by Testimony
I forgot the group hug icon

I noticed there was no provision for I grit my teeth through all hugs in real life but since this is not real life I'll join in. If there's a stand back here and smile at you bandwagon, I'll hop on it with you, Rosie. But not too close to you, don't worry.
I'll hug, but only one at a time. Otherwise I'll go catatonic. *shudder*

:grouphug:

Time for everyone who loves their kids/cares about their country/thinks education is important to join in. (Thanks for the idea, WTMindy.)

SWB

I'm all in!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Just wanted to be sure you knew I really meant it!

I've been homeschooling for 7 years now and have been a member of this board and others for many of those years. I think I've been on WTM forums for 6 years. This is the BEST homeschooling forum of them all.

Thank you Susan and everyone at Peace Hill Press. You guys rock!

:grouphug: As long as we don't start singing "We are the World" I'm in.

How about "I'd like to by the world a Coke" ?

Oh, no, now I've probably started a whole Coke/Pepsi thing.

:grouphug: To everyone regardless of your beverage of choice. ;)

While I think an education is important, and my dd scores above her level every year, I think a relationship with God is more important! To me that is giving my dd the best education!!

We have a very thorough hometeaching day, but I'm interested in her moral development and learning life skills, such as: washing dishes, setting table, sweeping, etc.

I decided several weeks before the election that, election season, was probably a good time to take a board break. I am just one of those people who always wants everyone to get along. Intelligent conversations is wonderful, mean and nasty is not. For some reason politics really brings out the mean and nasty. While I was walking one day I actually had a neighbor try to ignite a political conversation with me a week before the election. He asked who I was voting for for president. My response was that I don't discuss religion, politics or the Great Pumpkin. (try to keep things light I say) I almost felt like I should just stay in the house until the election.

I just returned to the board a few days ago and it is nice to be back, I have missed everyone.

The group hug is a wonderful idea. I know we can all play nice. Remember when we were kids and you had a fight with your best friends and your mom would make you shake hands and be nice. Insert eye roll smilie! But we did always make up so thank you Susan for being out board mom.

Edited by Mrs. Readsalot