Menu

UPDATE post 118 Help me make hospital and NICU as good as possible

happypamama

Friends, I wish I had better news. Although he is content and snugly with kangaroo care, it is not enough. We have been moved to a private room. He still has his supports, and he will keep them until they either don't work or until we ask them to turn them off. He's happy sleeping on my chest, and there he will remain. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

• Like 22

:crying:

I am so sorry. I am glad you are getting this time with him though. We will be praying for you all and for peace. May God watch over your whole family during this time. 

:grouphug:

Happypamama and I belong to the same co-op. I have been able to see pictures online of Nathaniel. I think everyone should know that he's sooo beautiful. Just the sweetest thing you ever saw. He has tiny, perfect, little fingers and a sweet, sweet face. A complete darling. You just want to scoop him up and give him little kisses on his sweet little head. A darling.

• Like 26

Earlier this evening I read him the part of the Bible that has his namesake, and I sang him my favorite hymn and a few of our favorite bedtime songs that I sing to his big brother. I wish I'd brought The Little Engine That Could or Winnie the Pooh to read to him. It's all not enough. I want more.

• Like 32

Earlier this evening I read him the part of the Bible that has his namesake, and I sang him my favorite hymn and a few of our favorite bedtime songs that I sing to his big brother. I wish I'd brought The Little Engine That Could or Winnie the Pooh to read to him. It's all not enough. I want more.

I know it's not enough for you. It's not fair and I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine. But know you are enough for him. He feels your love and is safe and comforted. So many hugs mamma. My heart is breaking for you.

MercyA, I love you. One of those Little Engine books is the one we have. It and Pooh are two of his siblings' favorites, and I have read both of them many, many times. It had not occurred to me to look for them online. Thanks to your kindness, I was able to read both of them to Nathaniel. Thank you very much.

His sats are drifting, but he is still fighting and clinging to life.

• Like 25

Praying for endurance for you and your husband as you soak up a lifetime of Nathaniel in too short a time.

I am glad you posted his experiences here, so you can print them out to remember whenever you need to in the future. I have been in a similar tragic yet beautiful situation that I never thought I could forget, but I don't remember details. I did write some things down (almost by accident), and I cherish those memories. Hugs for your sweet family.

• Like 4