Menu

The day I've been dreading for 27 years has finally arrived

OnTheBrink

My son is moving across the country to Portland, Oregon. In two weeks. TWO WEEKS. I'm sitting here sobbing, my head hurts, my stomach hurts, and my nose is stuffed. I knew there was a possibility he and his gf would move, but I had no idea it would be this soon (and, neither did they). His gf got a job offer she couldn't pass up, and honestly, I don't blame them a bit for taking it. 

In two weeks, my 6'2" fuzzy headed boy is moving away.  :crying:  :crying:  :crying:  :crying:  :crying:

• Like 4

Oh, OntheBrink, I feel ya!  My baby is moving away in August, and I finally let the thought actually cross  through my mind today. And it stabbed like a knife.  I don't know what I'm going to do without my guy to make me laugh and tell me stories.  Sigh. 

We'll make it, but I don't know how quite yet.

Oh, I am so sorry. I mean, honestly, my heart is aching right now for you. :( My parents moved away from me when I was 19 and it was just terrible. I missed them so much.

But the idea of one of my kids moving away, as my parents did, is enough to bring me to tears at the mere thought. I feel for you. :(

• Like 1

Thanks for all the hugs and sympathy. I managed to get through today with a minimum of tears. There is a small comfort that his gf has family in Washington, so there will be someone relatively close they can go to in an emergency. This may sound weird, but this is the first time since his birth he's not lived in the same city as me. I do not think I like this! As dd pointed out, we didn't see him daily or anything, but I knew he was near and that was enough. 

I live here. :) It's beautiful and a great place to visit.

I don't want to think about when they move away for good. It was hard enough when dd decided to go to school across the country.

Hugs, Mama.