Menu

I need another idea for leftover ham.

SparklyUnicorn

My favorite way to use up ham is something my mom called "one-pan skillet". Totally weird name but stick with me, LOL.

Dice up a potato or two and sauté with some butter, salt and pepper. I usually add a dash of garlic and onion powder. Once the potatoes are cooked, add diced ham and cook until warm. Add a few scrambled eggs and cook to you liking. Top with shredded cheddar.

Very simple and so yummy and comforting.

Scramble some eggs, then put the diced ham, eggs and cheese in a tortilla.  Wrap and freeze and it makes a quick and easy breakfast if you throw it in the microwave.

Stromboli--roll out pizza dough, top with thin ham slices and grated mozzarella or fontina, roll up like for cinnamon rolls, bake the whole thing until brown (can do an egg white wash first, then make 3 diagonal slices on top before baking), slice it up and eat. I guess that's just fancy ham sandwiches.

LOL

My neighbor would assume I flipped a lid.

Guess we aren't particularly neighborly around here.

:lol:

I was suggesting that in case you & your family were getting sick of ham....

Any friends/co-workers you can foist ham on? (I'm not a ham fan, can you tell?)

I use diced ham in a 9x13 casserole, which means I chop and fill at random, but here's the idea:

Use ham, green beans, shredded carrots, corn, or whatever veggies you like. Mix in a can of cream of mushroom soup and black pepper. Top with crunchy onions (french fried). If you're anti-onion, use stuffing mix, crushed crackers, or breadcrumbs. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or so. This is actually best the second day.

I make cornbread to go along side.

Make, purchAse or acquire pizza dough. Roll out on cookie sheet. Dice ham and mix with cream cheese, shredded cheddar, and garlic powder. Place on middle of dough and seal shut. I like to braid it but it's not necessary. Bake at 400 until browned, about 30 min.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Ham and split pea is my favorite way to eat ham. Also topped hashbrowns with ham, veggies and cheddar cheese.

I like ham,a little bit of salami and pepperoni (thinly sliced otherwise they overpower the ham) with mozzarella and provolone baked in a pizza crust (like a calzone.... I guess it is a calzone?) then we dip in either marinara or meatless spaghetti sauce. Add spices inside and then brush with an egg wash before cooking.  We call these Cuban Calzones (I have no idea where the name came from) even though they have nothing to do with Cuban style food IME.

ETA- Ham is so going on this weeks grocery list.

You have had a couple Recomendations for fried rice. Bump it up to Hawaian Fried Rice. There are a million recipes online but mostly you just add chopped pineapple. It's amazing and the kids will focus on the pineapple not the ham.

Also just chop up the ham and freeze it in small amounts for future use as an ingrediant in any of the ideas posted above.

Guest Keilleaghn

Jambalaya -ham (or andouille), cubed chic (opt), diced tomatoes, celery, onion, bell pepper, chic broth, oregano, parsley, Cajun seasoning, thyme, shrimp...stove or crockpot.

Cuban rice with ham and peas.

Those are our faves.

~Keilleaghn