Menu

Just for Fun: what would you name our fourth girl?

Jennifer132

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think, with the other girl's names, that you will need to use a name with an L in it, just to maintain the trend.

Nah. I think it's great to see someone choose names based on what they like rather than trying to make them conform to a pattern. Names don't have to have the same letter sound to go nicely together.

I like when the first name ends in a vowel sound and the middle name ends in a consonant.  I just think it sounds so sing-song-y and sweet.  Like Olivia Isabel, or Olivia Rose, or Susannah Grace, or Isabella Raine.  Or Rae, that would be a sweet middle name to go with one of your longer names, Isabella Rae, or Annaliese Rae.

Imogen

Imogen popped into my mind as soon as I said your other girls' names. I don't even know anyone by that name so I don't know where it came from. I think it would go well with a one-syllable middle name like Grace or Rose. Or a two-syllable name that has the accent on the second syllable like Louise. Ooh, I think I like Louise better than Grace or Rose; it flows better to me.

Elaina / Elena has always been a favorite for me, but we already have a daughter named Sarah Elaine after my grandmother Elaine.

Eliana has a beautiful meaning and I've loved it, with Ellie as a nickname.

Abigail I'd another nice vowell name and it means 'a father's joy' ifthat matters to you at all. We have an Abigail and it matches nicely with our Olivia. ;)

Imogen popped into my mind as soon as I said your other girls' names. I don't even know anyone by that name so I don't know where it came from. I think it would go well with a one-syllable middle name like Grace or Rose. Or a two-syllable name that has the accent on the second syllable like Louise. Ooh, I think I like Louise better than Grace or Rose; it flows better to me.

I love Imogen! DH wasn't a fan, though, so I had to scrap it. My grandma's name is Genevieve and goes by Gen, so I liked that connection with Imogen too. She hates her full name, sadly, and was actually not happy when my sister used it as my niece's middle name.

I just thought of something. If she names kiddo 4 an E name, and then has kiddo 5, she either has to pick a U name (or perhaps a Y name, such as Yvonne) or make it look like she's completely clueless and didn't realize she had a theme going. It'd be like naming your kids Matthew, Mark, Luke, and Hector. Faith, Hope, and Carter. People would notice.

Back to the drawing board. How about Bridget or Caroline or Danielle? Or Frieda or Gwendolyn or Hope or Judith? (How about I stop before I find myself trying to justify Xiomara as a name for your child? Actually, apparently about 330 girls in the US were given that name as recently as 2008, so clearly very many people like it and I don't know what I'm talking about.)

I just thought of something. If she names kiddo 4 an E name, and then has kiddo 5, she either has to pick a U name (or perhaps a Y name, such as Yvonne) or make it look like she's completely clueless and didn't realize she had a theme going. It'd be like naming your kids Matthew, Mark, Luke, and Hector. Faith, Hope, and Carter. People would notice.

I see your point, but still love the E names. If she has another child, then she could just start over and pick a different A, I, O, or E name. Unless she likes Ursula, Undine, Uma, Ulric, and Ulysses. 

I love Imogen! DH wasn't a fan, though, so I had to scrap it. My grandma's name is Genevieve and goes by Gen, so I liked that connection with Imogen too. She hates her full name, sadly, and was actually not happy when my sister used it as my niece's middle name.

Ours was Evangeline--my grandmother's name; dh didn't like it.

Back to the drawing board. How about Bridget or Caroline or Danielle? Or Frieda or Gwendolyn or Hope or Judith? (How about I stop before I find myself trying to justify Xiomara as a name for your child? Actually, apparently about 330 girls in the US were given that name as recently as 2008, so clearly very many people like it and I don't know what I'm talking about.)

OP here: the vowel trend keeps coming up, lol, and I have to admit, my son (my only boy) is an E name. We had the older two, and picked names by what we liked, just happened to be vowels. Then years later, we simultaneously had a baby and adopted from foster care. The name we liked for our bio was an A, and so we felt we should name our adopted child a vowel so she didn't feel "left out". She is disabled and biracial as well, so she is different enough as it is. Well, then we got pregnant by surprise. We don't like any U names, so we are going with the theme of simply names we like. We mostly like traditional "pretty" names--not unisex names, or "cool" names. So all the suggestions have been great!

OP here: the vowel trend keeps coming up, lol, and I have to admit, my son (my only boy) is an E name. We had the older two, and picked names by what we liked, just happened to be vowels. Then years later, we simultaneously had a baby and adopted from foster care. The name we liked for our bio was an A, and so we felt we should name our adopted child a vowel so she didn't feel "left out". She is disabled and biracial as well, so she is different enough as it is. Well, then we got pregnant by surprise. We don't like any U names, so we are going with the theme of simply names we like. We mostly like traditional "pretty" names--not unisex names, or "cool" names. So all the suggestions have been great!

Oh, see since you also have an E name I would continue the trend...if for no reason that she doesn't feel left out, lol.

Yet I cannot imagine name my little girl a U name:)

What about a name in the same style that has U as the second letter? There are some beautiful ones:

Juliet

Audrey

Ruby

Autumn

Aubrey

Lucy

Julianna

And so on...