Menu

If someone said you had cow eyes

fairfarmhand

If someone said you have cow eyes, would you take it as a compliment?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Is it a good thing to have cow eyes?

Cow eyes are very beautiful.  I was icked-out to have to dissect such a pretty thing in 6th grade science.

ETA, why is everyone saying they're brown?  :confused1:  The ones I dissected were a beautiful variegated blue.  Is it because they were...(ahem) disembodied?  Or were they special blue-eyed cows?  Anyway, they did have gigantic, gorgeous lashes.

Although cows aren't known for their intelligence, I don't think their eyes are particularly stupid.  I think cows' eyes are large and beautiful, peaceful, sweet, trusting, and maybe a little childlike. It sounds like a compliment, so I'd take it as one.

I'd probably laugh, I wouldn't be offended but I'd be very amused and a little confused. I think the tone/intonation communicates whether that is a compliment or not. I think it was meant as a compliment though, but I've never heard that one used before.

If you said it, given the photo in your signature, I would think it was a compliment. :)

I think it could go either way, but generally, I'd think big, deep brown eyes with long lashes as a PP said. I happen to have lots of big, deep brown eyes with long lashes around here, though no cattle...

What???? I think I'd be speechless! In my opinion, it does have a negative connotation. I mean, when someone says "you're a cow", they mean you are fat. Is this just a new way of telling someone they are fat??? LOL

Not necessarily.  I was called a cow for nursing my Ds.

Since it would be too weird for an insult, I would have to assume it was a compliment.  Depending on who said it, of course.  :)

Cows are my favorite animals.  It's too bad some people use "cow" as an insult.  That makes no sense.

If someone said that too me it would likely be with incredulity after I said I have cow eyes on the shelf at home...great for dissection labs lol

I wold think if someone said it to you they meant it as a compliment. Have you ever looked at the face of a cow and taken a look at the eye? They have these huge eyes that exude gentleness.

Given the responses here I think the proper approach is to beaccept it as a nice compliment of its offered but refrain from offering it yourself.

In every context I've heard it in it was complimentary but I think you'd have to have looked in the eyes of a chow to truly understand that and few people have the chance to do that these days.