Menu

Do you think of Quinn as a boy name or a girl name?

T'smom

I know several girls named Quinn, so I'm thinking that the girls are taking it over now.  For that reason, I'd be hesitant to name a boy that as this point.  I do know of a boy named Quinn though, and I like it for him as well.

I actually think it works for either a boy or a girl, but once people start using it as a girl's name, it usually becomes rare to be used for a boy anymore.  

There seem to be so many Tylers of both genders!

I've always thought of it as a boy name and haven't come across a female Quinn. My guess is it's a name like Riley, Sydney, Taylor, Aidan, and Cameron that all came on the scene as boy names and are being stolen by parents of girls! 

As a mom who named her girls all "boy" names...I am sorry.  Seriously.  While I do love my girl's names, and they actually suit each one...I kind of wish I would have went a different way with their names.  I wish I would have had a bit more forethought for all the boys who would all of a sudden have a "girl's" name. 

I knew a female Quinn in High school.  I thought it was such a cool name that I gave it to one of my daughters for a middle name.  Still I wouldn't be surprised to hear of a boy named Quinn and I really like it.  I think the name is underused and as a result isn't strongly associated with either gender.