• Coconut Cream
    • Key Lime
    • Lemon Meringue
    • Peach
    • Rhubarb
    • Chocolate
    • Blueberry
    • Some Other Kind (specify in comments)
    • I'm a freak of nature who doesn't like pie.
    • I love all the pies!

Baked pies?

Pecan, hands down.

Chocolate and apple are close seconds

Ice box pies?

Peach or strawberry

Personally I love a good cobbler almost more than a pie. Peach or blackberry, please.

(I think I gained weight just reading this thread!)

I'm not a pie person.

I've tried apple, coconut, pumpkin, chocolate pudding, and key lime. None of those revved my engines. I think I'm not a crust person ...

Clafoutis!

I'm not a pie person.

I've tried apple, coconut, pumpkin, chocolate pudding, and key lime.  None of those revved my engines. I think I'm not a crust person ...

Not really a pie person either though I have fond memories of rhubarb pie with the rhubarb picked from the garden just moments before going into the pie.

Clafoutis!

I used to make this a fair bit.

I voted pumpkin, but I pretty much love any pie that's cooked by someone else (not a machine.) I hate making pie crust.

I grew up spending my summers near the best pie-selling restaurant evah. Now I'm remembering them all and trying to figure out when I might be able to take 4 hours to drive out and back to get some!

I'm not a pie person.

I've tried apple, coconut, pumpkin, chocolate pudding, and key lime. None of those revved my engines. I think I'm not a crust person ...

I'm the opposite. The crust is usually the only part I like. Pie is altogether too sweet for me. I prefer most my treats to salty.

I'm not a HUGE pie person but dh is. I like just about any well-made pie (that means I need to make it :laugh: ). I add half as much sugar, other people's pies have too much sugar. And the crust has to be homemade. I'm picky - if I'm going to eat that many calories it better be worth it! I voted blueberry but I really like pumpkin too. I've never had a key lime pie that beats any of the rest though. Maybe I'm missing out on something.... 

Mmmmm....pecan pie. We are actually having pecan pie this year because someone else will eat it with me (my kids discovered they like it, too). My dh is not a big pie person. I guess cheesecake is not a pie, but I consider it a pie. ;) That's my real favorite.

For pie, I voted "chocolate," because that was my favorite back in ye olden pre-Gluten/Dairy/Soy/Tree Nut/Peanut free days. ;)

These days I generally find myself disappointed in pies, though I'm willing to try my hand one more time. I make a mean chocolate custard that can be a pie filling, and for something like Thanksgiving I'm willing to use a "gluten-free" pie crust mix rather than a grain-free/paleo version, because a) I'm okay with rice as a grain, and b) most paleo pie crusts call for nuts, which are not okay with my son.

I made a sort of apple pie cake today that WAS paleo-approved (using coconut flour and arrowroot flour) and assuming I don't go into labor between now and then, I will make a chocolate pie with a gluten-free crust.

Um. Cheese, broccoli and cauliflower. Not for dessert though.

I'll happily eat any of the above if they don't involve pumpkin or pecans. I should like to meet a real key lime pie one day. They started selling little key lime cheesecakes in the fridge section of the supermarket and they are pretty good. Home made is probably even better.