Menu

What is on your kids Christmas list?

moonlight

Do you want to know what she wants, or what she's likely to get? Most of DD's most wanted list slithers and eats mice.

I believe her current wishlist includes:

Male Western Hognose

Male Corn snake

Rubber boa.

Tanks for all of the above.

Incubator for snake eggs once the male corn snake and the female corn she already has breed.

Tanks for baby snakes.

Snake tongs so she can handle venomous snakes in the field.

Legos

Skylanders Rattleshake figure

Books

New iPod with more capacity so she can take photos and video

What she's not going to get:

Anything alive!

Lego, bean bag chair, books, Geography curriculum, and plutonium. I told him not to count on the plutonium.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you decide that you definitely want to get him the plutonium, I understand that a few secret government agencies are having a Black Friday sale on it. You're gonna need a coupon, though. ;)

DS 1yo (almost 2): Shopping cart, Duplos, Playmobil 123 (it is little kids playmobil and very cute and sturdy)

DS 4yo (almost 5yo): specific Playmobil sets, stomp rockets, blu track, squigs, stilts, morphibian remote control car, zoobs, turbo spoke bike sounds, magformers, and razor scooter.

DS 6yo (almost 7): Legos and Technic Legos, stilts, morphibian remote control car, ogo sport, pogo stick, turbo spoke bike sounds, laser pegs, remote control helicopter, magformers, playmobil, and a Nintendo DS.

DD 8yo (almost 9): Pogo stick, ball of whacks, lego friends sets, playmobil, DS games, loft bed from Ikea, and a bean bag chair.

The almost birthday thing is because all of my kids have birthdays around Christmas time (not planned that way).

ETA: This is their wish list, not what they may be getting!

How about a wooden railway set for the 2yo, like Thomas the Tank Engine?

Legos and action figures were always a safe bet for my ds when he was 7, as well as Garfield and Calvin & Hobbes books.

By the time he was 11, my ds was getting sick of Legos, but still liked Transformers, and he loved anything video game or computer-related. I think we also got him some fun, useful stuff that year, too, like a Swiss Army knife. He also always liked the Guinness Book of World Records (and the Gamers Edition) and the Ripley's Believe it or Not books, and Dilbert was a big favorite at that age.

I have two boys, 7 and almost 11. :D

They both want LEGO Mindstorms EV3 more than anything. (Don't tell them, but I was going to buy this for school anyway. LOL)

DS10: Kindle Paperwhite; stuffed birds; LEGO Star Wars Starfighter and Marvel sets; Dremel saw, more wood, and refills for his accessories; historic models (boats/ships, planes, etc.). His birthday is not long after Christmas, and he wants the Razor spark scooter with LED running lights and a Genesis bow. He also wants something to teach him architecture. (I am not having any luck there!)

DS7: drum set; stuffed birds/cats/ocean animals; LEGO passenger train & station; more accessories for our Haba Ball Track (marble run); RipStik

They wanted ice skates but bought them already with their share of the profits from our recent garage sale.

As for your DS2, unit blocks and play figures/toys (Schleich, Papo, Safari, Matchbox cars, play silks, etc.) have been big with my boys since they were toddlers. They have always been great for my kids to play together. As they got older, adding on the Haba wooden marble run extended the play in a great way.

DD12 wants more drawing supplies.  I am getting something for her to keep her drawing supplies in so the dogs stop eating the pencils after the cat knocks them off the desk at night.

DD12 wants a pony.  I am getting her a new t-shirt with a fancy Unicorn on the front.

She hasn't asked for anything else.  DS17 is voting for a Wii U, but we will have to see about that one.  Most likely getting a few new games as well.

DS has asked for a few legos and wants more board games. I've been searching through Amazon's board game selections and have found so many good ones. I'm on the hunt for a good world map puzzle too. He has a Melissa and Doug USA states floor puzzle and loves it. Having a hard time finding a good world one though. Oh and he wants a green shirt. :-)

My 8 year old wants a horse. Hopefully she's happy with one of the stuffed variety.  She's also getting a room makeover - and the gift is I will be completely hands off. If she wants the walls painted rainbow with a panda bear border, and hot pink fur trim valances atop zebra curtains - who am I to deter her?  I have just over a month to convince myself that "It's just a room. It's her room. If she loves it and can live with it, there's no reason she shouldn't be able to." This is the biggest gift I've ever given! LOL On second thought, a horse might be easier ....

My 13 year old wants cash. He's building some desktops and he wants parts. He'd also like a better watch.

Every year I buy balls. All types - soccer, basketball, whiffle, racquetball, nerf types, bouncy, etc. We play with balls in the house, and our layout is conducive to nerf ball wars. Every kid I've ever met - even non-athletic types - have loved some kind of ball, at any ages. It's my go-to gift if I don't know what to get, and it's always been played with on the spot.

At 2, my son really liked the Melissa and Doug wooden trucks, especially the garbage truck. He also liked the M&D wooden puzzles and play food. He will be 3 soon and is getting Schleich animals and a wooden barn, lots of picture books because he loves to be read to, and a few other small things.

My older boys are around the ages of yours and they mostly want Legos. One also wants a z curve bow and arrows. And they want Keva planks. I've been eyeing Little Bits, they're like Snap Circuits but more open-ended. One thing that was a huge hit last year was stop motion animation software that came with a camera. Almost a year later, and they're still making clay animals and people, building sets, and making stop motion movies.

This is what is on their list...( not what they are actually getting lol)

DD 7 ..ipad, furreal daisy kitty, anything my little pony, every AG accessory available

DS 6...ipad, skylanders swapforce game, karate lessons, hand weights ( he's a funny kid that doesnt like toys)

DS 4 ... Ipad, furreal daisy kitty, fireman dollhouse, transformers, fire engines, stuffed dalmation puppies.

No one is getting an ipad lol

DD and DS MAY be getting a furreal kitty IF I can find one in stock and on sale...they are hot right now

DD will be getting a few AG accessories and 1 my little pony toy. Grandma sent an email today saying she bought DD a Rainbow Loom...we dont have them here in Australia yet but DD is crafty so will probably like it.

DS6 will be getting the handweights ,the karate lessons, a few skylander characters for the game he already owns

DS4 will also be getting the fireman dollhouse

All of them are getting playmobil geared to their current interests.

They are also all getting a few geomag sets

None of my kids like LEGO...DS6 told me specifically not to buy any lol.....they all still love Duplo which they have a ton of.

Our dds seem to really not have any burning desire for anything specific this year. Oldest did ask for Ugg boots but she knows she won't get those (maybe when her feet stop growing so fast though).

They are both getting a smartphone and laptop from us. Those are things they actually need due to school and other activities.

The rest will be things I know they like...

13 year old-clothes and accessories, favorite perfume, fav band shirt, phone case, gift cards.

11 year old-art stuff, phone case, fav perfume, rainbow loom stuff.

I'll probably also get them one or two video games they've been wanting.

Most of this will be given by other family. They send me money, I buy what the girls need/want, and put it under the tree for them.

Dd1 (8 years old)

Want-imaginext dragon (this was free because I was able to stack coupons and use overage!)

Need-new pajamas ($10 from Marshall's)

Play-not sure yet, maybe a pogo stick or rip stick

Read-kindle, used the $60 off coupon so I paid $9!!!

Stocking-hair bands/bows, Chapstick, dragon figurines (Schliec? Spelling???), jump rope, fuzzy socks, GC for her kindle, a chocolate from a local chocolatier shaped into a horse, sculpey clay, candy cane $10 limit on all stocking stuff, minus the figurines, I'm planning on spending around $20 for two, using the 50% off coupons from micheals

Dd2 (5 years old)

Want-if dh can build it/find a used one a gymnastics bar

Need-pajamas, matching sisters ($10)

Play-?

Read-a subscription to ZooBooks ($10 on groupon)

Stocking-hair bows/bands, Chapstick, ocean animals figures, fuzzy socks, jump rope, $5 GC for iTunes (she plays a game on my iPad and really wants to buy jewels for it, but I haven't let her yet), chocolate in an ocean animal figure, playdoh and a couple of tools, candy cane

Dd3 (3 years old)

Want-?

Need-pajamas (free! My mom picked them up for her, they too, match her sisters!)

Play-the middle sized Legos-not the duplo sized, and not the teeny ones. (hoping to get these on sale, or at a second hand store. I'm setting the limit at $20)

Read-a No, David! book. She loves that boy lol. Or perhaps a How Do Dinosaurs....we have two and she loves them. (will look for these second hand, $3)

Stocking-fuzzy socks, chocolate, play doh, hair bands/bows, small figurines of safari animals, candy cane, some coins for her piggy bank

I always have such a hard time with the younger two. None of my kids really play with toys much. They love their 'activities' (gymnastics, riding, rock climbing, hiking) and they love playing outside or pretend. They have lots of open ended toys-blocks, little figures (people and animals), dolls, barn, castle, dollhouse, doctors kit, kitchen, cradle, ect. They usually sit unused in the playroom. I'm hesitant to add to it. They have bikes, trikes, roller skates, plasma car, ect. Plus, they are the only grandchildren on my dh's side, and the only girls on my parents side, so family usually gets them a ton as well. We have an iPad that the kids and I share (they get 15 minutes per day on it) a tv with DVD and a desktop (they only do school stuff on there-tot school for the baby, typing, documentaries, or educational videos). I do not want to add anything electronic.

We just moved near Atlanta, so I'm thinking maybe a family gift to the aquarium would be neat....it's pricey, but at least it wouldn't add clutter to the playroom!

Dd5 wants two American Girl dolls: Saige and Kaya. She's also eyed a few of the bigger Lego Friends sets, Razor scooter.

Ds9 wants an iPod, a new long bow to replace the one he's outgrown and a kayak, Razor scooter.

Now, those are all bigger items and they might get one, but not all of them on their lists, LOL.

As for smaller things, they both get SmartWool socks every year. I'd like to get them each some nice colored pencils for Christmas (think Prismacolor or Lyra) to replace our mishmash of cheap ones. I've got a "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego" DVD, a spirograph and a Rainbow Loom already set aside. Not sure who I'll give them to since I'm sure that both kids would like all three. They've both also mentioned how much they want a terrarium filled with carnivorous plants. I have an old 10 gallon aquarium that would work well for this purpose. Not sure if I want to set it up myself and give it as a gift, or save it to do together as a homeschool project.

Dd13 - kindle hdx 8.9, gerbil, girlie razor motorbike

Ds11 - pokemon x and y nintendo 3ds xl plus the games, not sure what else

Dd 8 - American girl doll Saige plus her movie, the other American Girl movies, Frozen dolls, mini razor motorbike in pink

Ds7 - not sure.

My younger ds asked for Pokemon x and y.  Is this one game or two? :huh: The way he talks about it, I thought it was one but then I looked it up and couldn't find it. lol. 

Dd wants Doc McStuffins all better center, Doc McStuffins Operation game, new games for her innotab (Doc McStuffins), movies, a new Tag reading system (she has Tag jr.), crafty stuff, stuff for her AG doll, get her AG's arm replaced, books, clothes, little girl make up and I'm sure there's more.

This is a combined wish list of her birthday and Christmas. Her birthday is Nov. 26th :)

Dd2 wants a real doctor kit, a real white puppy and a real cat. She's almost 3 and so we have a birthday and Christmas coming up for her. I think we will get her a play kitchen for her birthday as well as many, many puzzles. Still deciding on Christmas....

Ds7 wants an electric razr scooter, a BIG Legos set (like the $100 one), skylanders swap force, stilts, a metal detector, a real bow and arrow, a light-up light saber, and more puzzles. He will probably get the skylanders, Legos (probably not as big as he wants) and I'm not sure what else.

DD9

Guinea pig cage and accessories so she can buy a pig

Lego sets

Disney infinity

Books

Hex bug items

Star Wars items

Saige AG doll

Loft bed

My little pony items

Dd6

Saige AG doll

More princess dresses

Items/toys from Frozen movie

Skylanders Swap Force

My little pony set

Hex bug items

DD2

Doc mcstuffins toys

They've both also mentioned how much they want a terrarium filled with carnivorous plants. I have an old 10 gallon aquarium that would work well for this purpose. Not sure if I want to set it up myself and give it as a gift, or save it to do together as a homeschool project.

Both? Give them all the supplies as the present, and have them set it up as the project? Or an IOU for the supplies if choosing is a part of the project.

Maybe this will help. I hope it does.

My kids are getting:

DD10: American Girl Saige doll, American Girl Doll Molly, Annoying Orange toy, Annoying Pear toy, Splinter TMNT toy,  American girl doll outfits, Our Generation 18" Doll Jeep, Create 2 Destroy Set, Hobbit Lego Set, & Roaring Dino Toy

DD8: American Girl Emily, American Girl Cecile doll, Password Journal, Monster High Catty doll, Lego friends mini set, iPod, American girl doll outfits, Our Generation 18" Doll Kitchen Set, & Justice Girl Scarves

DS4.5: American girl bitty twin boys, monster jam destruction, vetch Dino's switch & go (2 different ones), Hot wheels bath tub toy, Hot wheels wall mount toy, Create 2 Destroy Set, & Magnetix

Big jolly man is bringing them....
DD10: 12" TMNT Battle Shell Raph
DD8: Lego Friends Olivia House
DS4.5: Skylanders Swap Force starter set

My 3 year old wants a big Christmas tree w/ a star and the train that goes around it :)  He's so excited about Christmas this year!  

What's he getting:

Magnetic Mighty Mind
An Airplane Blanket
Board Games

A book of fairy tales
Penguin Nesting toys
Insight Design and Drill
Bath toys
Puzzles
Make your own snow kit--he wants it to snow but  I can count on one hand how many times it has snowed here in my lifetime.

Our five year old wants a sheep.  I found this really awesome squishy snuggly plush one and was quite impressed with myself.  She was impressed too but that night she explained to DH that she had most wanted a real sheep that could eat, breathe, and talk.  So I guess we're going to be shopping for a few ewes this holiday season.  

*For the record there are other sheep on DH's family farm (this is where the attraction came from, she plays with them when her sister is having riding lessons) so this isn't as silly as it sounds.  

My 6 year old REALLY wants a train set. (And from what I've understood, he wants the Brio Deluxe Train set they have set up at a local toy store), a Scooter, and a magnetic dart board

The scooter and the magnetic dart board we are doing. I was ignoring the train set request since he had Geotrax trains when he was 3-4 and they NEVER got played with. But he's mentioned it a few times since and I'm beginning to wonder if I would be depriving him.

DD LOVES to bounce so I want to get a Rody for her. And maybe some Doc McStuffins puzzles -- esp if we can find a set that start with a few pieces and goes up. She loves her knob puzzles but really needs a chance to expand her horizons here. OR something Jessie (Toy Story 2) related since she recently showed interest there.

Mainly Lego and matchbox type cars this year. One child asked for more Magnatiles, though they have plenty already. If you don't have Magnatiles, they've been the most consistently played with toy here from around 5 onward--my boys are 9 now. They've asked for more every birthday and Christmas since.

DS13 wants a 7 inch Galaxy Tab 3, PS3 games, and a dogtag necklace with his name on it.

DD11 wants the American Girl Saige doll and her movie, an itunes card, and a karaoke machine.

DS7 wants Lego Star wars sets, Angry birds Star wars telepods and games, and Angry birds Go set.

Our five year old wants a sheep.  I found this really awesome squishy snuggly plush one and was quite impressed with myself.  She was impressed too but that night she explained to DH that she had most wanted a real sheep that could eat, breathe, and talk. 

The same way that Babe (from Dick King-Smith's Babe: The Gallant Pig) talks?  That could be a real challenge!

There is this book ~  Learning to Talk Sheep   ~ but it's aiming for an entirely different audience than your five year old.

Regards,

Kareni