• scrambled
    • hard boiled
    • soft boiled
    • fried hard
    • fried soft
    • poached
    • other ... which would be?

Guest inoubliable

I voted other - both because I liked them equally hard boiled and scrambled, and because I don't eat eggs anymore. :tongue_smilie: When I did eat them, I loved them scrambled with ketchup on top. And hard boiled eggs always went over really well here. We'd snack on them all the time.

Other - as an ingredient in cake. ;) I don't like eggs!!

I can stomach scrambled eggs if I have to, but it's even better if it becomes an omelette with lots of cheese and other things that make the eggs just an ingredient and not the feature.

But eggs with the white and yolk separated - no way!!!

• Soft boiled, with soldiers
  • Over easy, with soldiers
  • Poached, with soldiers
  • Sunny-side up, with soldiers
  • Soft coddled, with soldiers

So I guess I like my yolks runny, and with soldiers. :D

Hard boiled eggs are OK and the go and in egg salad.

• Soft boiled, with soldiers
  • Over easy, with soldiers
  • Poached, with soldiers
  • Sunny-side up, with soldiers
  • Soft coddled, with soldiers

So I guess I like my yolks runny, and with soldiers. :D

Hard boiled eggs are OK and the go and in egg salad.

What are soldiers?

I think it is when you slice the toast into 4 sticks. We call them fingers here.

Yup, and they march along single file to their doom.

I voted scrambled because that's about the only way I will eat the whole egg. My preference is to throw away the yolk and just eat the white part fried in butter but since I hate to throw away any food (even food I don't like), I scramble them so I don't taste the disgusting yolk so much.

Scambled with lots of black pepper

Hard boiled served deviled eggs style

Poached in a cup at the cafe

Omelette with diced tomatoes, diced mushrooms and cheese

Tamagoyaki (Japanese omelette)

Omurice (Japanese omelette stuffed with rice and a dash of ketchup on top)

- Scrambled with olive oil, onions, spinach, mushrooms, and seasonings (that's what I had for breakfast!)

- Omelette with various veggies, cheese, and sometimes a sauce or salsa

I don't care for any boiled, fried, or poached eggs - don't like them at all that way.

How do you like your eggs? I like them scrambled, hard-boiled, and fried, but my favorite way is fried with the yolks still somewhat runny, but not the white part.

That would be over medium, which is the way I like mine also. I also like hard boiled.

That's my preference as well, served alongside a heaping serving of grits smothered in butter and salt.

Oh great. Now I've got a craving.....

Deviled eggs! yummy!

But if it is just eggs, fried is the way...I was recently introduced to eggs benedict. oh my! I have been hooked since. I just cant get enough of that creamy sauce! I have yet to try making it at home, but someday, someday, I will!!!

I make a lot of frittatas and baked egg dishes. Also I fry them whisked with a small amount of soy sauce and sugar (about 1 tsp each per egg) and they taste exactly like chicken.

How many eggs a day do you guys eat? I sometimes eat as many as 4. My cholesterol is fine.

There's rarely a day I don't eat at least 1 egg. I had bloodwork done about a month ago. Triglycerides were 36. Overall cholesterol 189. HDL 95. LDL 87. My eggs are usually accompanied by bacon. Just sayin'. :D

I make a lot of frittatas and baked egg dishes. Also I fry them whisked with a small amount of soy sauce and sugar (about 1 tsp each per egg) and they taste exactly like chicken.

How many eggs a day do you guys eat? I sometimes eat as many as 4. My cholesterol is fine.

When I eat them (which used to be daily and is now once a month because I need the dozen to last longer) I usually eat 3 at a time, because I eat them scrambled or as an omelete. You just can't make either of those right without at least 3 eggs.

My cholesterol is great too. In fact last physical dr was surprised that I am almost 100 lbs over weight but bad chol. was low, my good was high and my combined was dang near textbook perfect. The only one in the family that we know has bad cholesterol is dd13 and she does not eat eggs at all, but her bad chol is always high when they test it. When it comes to cholesterol I think genetics plays a bigger role than eggs imo

I voted scrambled because that's about the only way I will eat the whole egg. My preference is to throw away the yolk and just eat the white part fried in butter but since I hate to throw away any food (even food I don't like), I scramble them so I don't taste the disgusting yolk so much.

Send 'em on over here! OK, I say that, but can't you just imagine getting a shipment of egg yolks at your doorstep? Ew.

Any way you've got eggs, I'll eat them. But if I have to pick, Eggs Benedict made with smoked salmon instead of backbacon (though nothing wrong with the bacon) and waaaaay too much hollandaise would be my frontrunner.

My favorite way is poached just right, then served in a bowl over cut up warmed corn tortillas. The tortillas soak up the yolk, the white is creamy but NOT runny. It's even better to serve a poached egg on top of a small serving of grits- slowly cooked, not instant.

But sometimes I settle for scrambled, because that's how dh eats them and sometimes I'd rather eat scrambled than cook two kinds of eggs. But about 5 days a week I do poached.

Somebody makes me an omelet. And using them in baked things. Frittata sounds good...

Homegrown eggs, they say, are lower in cholesterol.

I say, they "behave" differently when being cooked. They lie in the pan differently than store bought, they flip differently in the pan, they scramble better. They devil better.

I voted other because I don't have a favorite. I like them

Sunny Side up,

Over easy

hard boiled, and will eat them just like that cold

hard boiled in deviled eggs (YUM)

hard boiled in egg salad

scrambled (but not dry scrambled, they have to be a little runny yet)

I've never had a poached egg. I don't like omelettes because the only ones I've ever had the eggs were to done and dry.

Lightly boiled & hard boiled eggs & poached eggs

Fried eggs in butter & peas

Fried eggs with parsnips

Fried eggs with melted cheese on top of tuna or mackerel.

Omelettes with green chillies

Cheese, tomato & egg omelettes

Fry onions & scramble eggs, with 1tsp tomatoe puree & 1 tsp curry powder (red chilli powder, optional)

Scrambles eggs with leeks

Scrambled eggs with green cabbage.

Great for health! :)

Love eggs any way I can get them as long as they are not over cooked.

Hollandaisr is really easy to make in a blender. I do that if I need it quickly, otherwise it is still pretty eady to make on the stovetop. My kids would happily eat hollandaise on anything.

We are big egg eaters here...need to get some chickens.

My favorite is either fried and eaten as a biscuit sandwich or cooked as toad-in-a-hole inside a piece of Texas Toast.

I don't know if my method for toad in a hole is typical. I butter both sides of the Texas Toast and then use a cookie cutter to make a hole in the middle. I melt some butter in my nonstick skillet and put my toast in and then crack an egg in the hole (I cook the piece I took out with the cookie cutter too). I sprinkle the egg liberally with seasoned salt. After the first side of the toast is brown (I use the piece cut out of the middle to check this), I flip it over and cook the other side.

I think it's perfect when the egg is just slightly runny.