Menu

Is anybody else expecting a white Christmas?

Luanne

Guest inoubliable

Coming down hard here! No idea if it'll stick or if it's going to be around tomorrow, though. I was sleeping off some cough medicine when I got a call from my best friend about 20 mins to wake up and look out the window. The branches and lawns and cars are all covered. It's so pretty out!

I've never experienced a white Christmas. This is the first year that I will not be at my parents' house on Christmas day and guess what? Yep, they are getting a white Christmas this year, at least 6 inches. Here at our house we are having a tornado/thunderstorm Christmas.

My youngest was delighted to get some snow here in Virginia today. It wasn't much, but they did manage a bit of a snowball fight before it melted and there is a tiny snowman on the porch. It'll be much warmer tomorrow, but he's satisfied. Snow was the thing he wanted most for Christmas. I'd warned him that he couldn't expect snow in Virginia, and he'd mostly resigned himself (we lived in Kyrgyzstan the last two winters where snow is normal), so I'm having a great Christmas so far because he's happy.

We are expecting snow both today and tomorrow. Right now it is just cold and overcast. I live in northern Colorado.

Yes, unfortunately, though it will start later on Christmas Day.

Not happy. I hate snow with a passion and if I never see it again, I will be happy. All it means is slipping and sliding on the road, cleaned out shelves at the stores, and being stuck at home, to me.

85 degrees and sunny. 17 hours of day light. No snow in sight.

We had a christmas BBQ and went to the beach. Played some frisbee and watered the vegi garden. Had beautiful strawberries and cherries in season for desert! It was a lovely day.

Ruth in NZ

We're here in Texas where there is rarely any snow. It started snowing late this afternoon! The kids are totally excited. It is sticking too, so there will be some on the ground early tomorrow to play with before it all melts. This is the second snow my 14 yo has seen here in Texas!