Menu

Just for fun: what famous person do you resemble?

unsinkable

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was young people used to tell me that I looked like Drew Barrymore. My friends even nicknamed me Drew. I worked in a grocery store and I had this creepy old man stalker who would come in and stand there with Drew Barrymore magazines and books and just stare at me.

Then I got old. And fat. Me no looky-like her anymore.

Me, too. Drew Barrymore. And I definitely look NOTHING like your profile pic. So much for doppelgangers :)

Once when I was much younger I had a drunk guy come up to me in and insist I was Ally Sheedy. I had to sign a napkin with her name to make him go away. I don't see it, and no one else has mentioned that, so I think he was just drunk...

I've also gotten Elizabeth McGovern and lately Lauren Graham a lot - but I'm much shorter than she is and she has better hair. And she's thinner. ;)

I also recently had a really, really weird encounter with a guy in Trader Joe's who insisted I looked like Julianna Margulies. He came up and said Hi, Julianna. Then he proceeded to follow me around the store. And I was dressed in whatever I found on my floor that morning, and no makeup at all. That was a bit creepy. And I don't think I look like her at all.

Nobody. I just blend. :)

Although there was one time. I showed up for a lecture in law school dressed quite plainly with my hair pulled back. My friend, who liked to dress flamboyantly, slid into the seat next to me and announced (loudly, as was her habit), "Check us out. I look like Madonna and you look like the Madonna." Bad enough. But then we both realized that the person in front of us was the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. We realized this because he turned all the way around in his seat, looked at both of us, and mumbled, "Madonna. That's funny!"

I've been told (when I was much younger and before kids) Audrey Hepburn and Demi Moore.

When I was younger, I was told I looked like Wynona Rider. Now I'm told I look like Demi Moore. But I also look like Henry VIII's ugly wife, Anne of Cleves. Dd's friend saw a picture of Anne of Cleves and said, "Hey, this looks like..... (dd)"

post-3272-0-30796800-1355515788_thumb.jpg

Back in my early twenties people used to tell me I looked like Meryl Streep a lot. But not too long ago, my daughters found a poster of all the presidents and they told me that I looked like Ronald Reagan!!! :sad: I went from Meryl Streep to Ronald Reagan???!!!! Thanks a lot, girls!

When I was 22 I went to Asia (Japan, Hong Kong, Philippines) with a college group. House of Spirits was recently released in Asia, so I had a lot of people telling me I looked *exactly* like Meryl Streep.

I do admit there is a slight similarity in the nose/face. I can see it more now because we both get the same style of glasses and wear our hair up the same way.

I also got Melissa Ethridge, but it was once in the early '90s and that's more of a nose thing.

My best friend tells me I look like Ingrid Bergman but that's only because she loves me. :rofl:

Dh looked a little like Beck. Now he's more like a Ewan MacGregor with a beard. :001_wub:

Back in my early twenties people used to tell me I looked like Meryl Streep a lot. But not too long ago, my daughters found a poster of all the presidents and they told me that I looked like Ronald Reagan!!! :sad: I went from Meryl Streep to Ronald Reagan???!!!! Thanks a lot, girls!

I used to get Ally Sheedy, but a few years ago I was told that I look like Karl Rove. :/ Awesome.

DH looks a little like Barak Obama, much to his dismay. LOL! Right after the 2008 election, when he was still sore about it, a little kid at the grocery store said to his sister, "I just saw the president!" and she said, "Silly, that's not the president. The president doesn't shop here." Still makes me laugh, and I needle him about it from time to time just for fun. :smilielol5:

The one I get most is Renee Zellweger, but I don't see it. :confused1: My half-sister could be Natalie Portman's identical twin. She's older; obviously, she stole all the good genes.

YES!!! Renee!!! You totallydo!

I was mistaken by a homeless (probably mentally disabled) woman at our church for Meg Ryan. She insisted I WAS Meg. Itried for weeks to correct her. After a couple months, I gave up and gave her my autograph! (FWIW - I look nothing ilke her!!!)

ETA: I just pulled up Meg Ryan's pictures and my dd told me that I looked like she does!!! With the curly hair - not straight. Hmmmm . . . maybe there's something to it!

So do you all think you look like the person/s that others think you do?

I do not think I look like Connie Chung. First I'm not Asian! Weird thing though is the Chinese lady who works at a restuarant we used to go to all the time asked me if I was Asian! Hilarious to all my family because no, I do not look Asian.

I have been asked this, too, because I have an epicanthic fold.

in my youth (many, many years ago) I was told that I looked just like Genevive Bujold. SHe had a movie out in 1976 called Obsession and lots of people thought I looked like her. Same baby face and brown hair and eyes and petite. I have always thought she is very cute so I loved that people thought I looked like her lol.

I love her movie, Anne of a Thousand Days