Menu

For fun: What is your ringtone?

What is your ringtone and text message notification? I got a new phone yesterday, so I'm having fun resetting all my ringtones. My general ringtone is the theme music from Downton Abbey and my text notification is Doctor Who (Matt Smith) saying "You've got a text message. Text messages are cool."

I'm in the process of assigning specific ringtones to frequent callers. This is fun!

For who?

I have different tones for my hubby and some of my family/friends. Not only that, but I have a different tone for texts and calls. :lol:

Various songs:

Naked as we Came by Iron & Wine

Red Tide by Neko Case [my son's fave]

The Banana Boat song

Love Shack by the B-52s [though I don't think that is assigned to anyone yet]

Protege Moi by Placebo

Faster Harder Scooter by Scooter [that's Hubby's]

Jezebel by Iron & Wine

I like the idea of Downton Abbey!

The TARDIS arriving/departing sound is my ringtone for texts. The Doctor Who theme is my regular ringtone. I have the Sherlock theme for my mom, since she's a big fan of the BBC show too. DH's calls are set to I Am the Doctor, another Doctor Who tune. I have the Downton Abbey theme set for some calls, but it's harder to hear for some reason.

Edited by WordGirl

What is your ringtone and text message notification? I got a new phone yesterday, so I'm having fun resetting all my ringtones. My general ringtone is the theme music from Downton Abbey and my text notification is Doctor Who (Matt Smith) saying "You've got a text message. Text messages are cool."

I'm in the process of assigning specific ringtones to frequent callers. This is fun!

For dh it is 'Don't. Stop. Doing what you do. Have I paid my dues just to be with you.' :)

For my son, A rather robotic voice saying, 'your son is attempting to reach you on your cellular device' . For my sister, kind of a rap, 'your sister's on the phone!'

Mr. Ellie's is the Cuppycake song. :-)

Younger dd's is Hakuna Matata. :D

Older dd's is a baby laughing (she's the mother of my only grandchild).

One of my bff's is always having an adventure in her life; hers is the theme song from Indiana Jones.

The general ringtone is Pirates of the Caribbean.

Hedwig's Theme (Harry Potter). I never have set up different ringtones for different people, and my text tone is just a generic one that comes with the phone.

Dh, whose name is Bill, has the Kill Bill theme for when work calls him. Harry Potter means it's me, and Doctor Who is ds.

Cricket, chirping softly.

Downside: This year, due to the last summer's drought and then a wet spring, the cricket population exploded. All summer I would wake up at night thinking my phone was ringing.

Upside: I forgot to turn my phone off for Mass and when someone called me, of course I couldn't dig out my phone before it had rung several times. I mentioned the incident to a friend afterwards, and she had thought a cricket had just crawled into the church and started singing.

Cricket, chirping softly.

Downside: This year, due to the last summer's drought and then a wet spring, the cricket population exploded. All summer I would wake up at night thinking my phone was ringing.

Upside: I forgot to turn my phone off for Mass and when someone called me, of course I couldn't dig out my phone before it had rung several times. I mentioned the incident to a friend afterwards, and she had thought a cricket had just crawled into the church and started singing.

:lol:

Mine is "Noble Men of Kyle", by the Texas Aggie Band. Dh has the "Aggie War Hymn" on his phone for me and the house, the theme from Indiana Jones for ds, Idk what he has for the girls, and "If I Only had a Brain" from The Wizard of Oz for his mom. :D

I have various ringtones:

For dh "You're My Best Friend" by Queen

When I'm angry at dh I switch it to "Paradise By The Dashboard Lights" - the part where he says he is praying for the end of time.

"Scotland the Brave" for my Scottish parents

Dr. Who Theme for older DD

"The Garden" (new Rush song) for younger dd

Ringtone is theme from Mad Men.

Notification is the mockingjay from Hunger Games.

I really like them both. They both are loud enough but pleasant sounding. They both feel like "no hurry...just answer me when you can". :001_smile:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the bolded!

Pet Peeve 14,589: Having a perfectly normal conversation with someone and their cell phone goes off, blaring some distorted sound loud enough that it can be heard by everyone in the tri-county area, completely derailing your train of thought. Even if your friend silences it, it still is a horrible intrusion. THEN, you just get back into it again, and 20 seconds goes by, and a different horrible noise comes out of the accursed thing to let you know that the silenced caller left them voice mail.

I intentionally have my landline phones at home set to the lowest possible ringer volume, so they sound more like "excuse me please", and not PAY ATTENTION TO ME NOW!

When I'm angry at dh I switch it to "Paradise By The Dashboard Lights" - the part where he says he is praying for the end of time.

That is made of pure fabulousness. :)

Mine is "In These Shoes" by Kirsty MacColl.

Except for my beloved yet longwinded friend. She gets Ben Folds's "Uncle Walter."

Theme from NCIS.

I get one of two responses when it rings in public: A puzzled stare, or a "YES, Gibbs!"

:thumbup:

texts - NCIS

ringtone - Sweet Child of Mine (gun n roses)

Use to have for my ringtone, Pray for You (Jaron and the long road to love, starts at the part ..I pray your brakes go out running down a hill):lol:

My dh is Frank Sinatra singing "Fly me to the moon"

My mom is Tony Bennett "I Left My Heart in San Francisco" because she is there and I am not anymore.

My dd is a joke one that says "the princess is calling. You had better pick up. Don't leave her waiting..."

My MIL is another joke game show opening that says "It's your mother in law!! You get to play - take that call!! You have 10 seconds to decide if you will take her call!!":lol:

Everyone else is a little kid going Bbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrriiiiiinnnnggg, bbbbrrrrriiiinnnnngggggg. People always smile.

My texts are the whistle that comes with the iPhone.

Love the idea of the Mockingjay whistle and also the 24 ringer!

My ringtone is the theme song to Mad Men. My text message tone is just the plain old Blackberry default. I have tried for the past two years to personalize ring tones and it has never worked out for me on my Blackberry Torch. When I upgrade to the Iphone 5, hopefully Siri will do that for me. :001_smile:

it depends on who's calling. for any random person, it is robin hood. for my mom, it's a country song singing, "your mama's calling you...wants to see what your up too...if you wait til this song is through...you just might miss her). my sisters have a rap song that entertains me greatly (your sister's on the phone. your sister's calling you. your sister's on the phone...waiting patiently so she can tell you something new, uh.). my husband is superman theme song. my dad is the godfather. my best friend has an obnoxious BFF ring tone. anyway. that's about it.

I just had to get a new phone, so I haven't picked a ringtone for the general public yet. However, I did put DH's ringtone on it -- Michael W. Smith's "Do You Dream Of Me?," which has been my ringtone for DH for about six years. (In fact, when the kids hear the actual song, which is one of my favorites, play, they think Daddy is calling.)

For a while after we moved to farm country and bought an old tractor, I changed it to Kenny Chesney's "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy."

I think I need a new general ringtone, though; the one that's there is boring.

Edited by happypamama

:lol::lol::lol:

General ringtone is bells being rung by EO monks. I can't remember what it's called, though.

Ringtone for dd is Guns and Roses, "Sweet Child of Mine".

Ringtone for ds is Carole King's, "Child of Mine".

Ringtone for my dad is bagpipes playing "Scotland the Brave."

Ringtone for EX is the theme from "The X Files."

Text tone for dd is a teletype machine sound. Everything she has to say is "news". LOL

Text tone for ds is a trumpet fanfare, since he plays the trumpet.

At Christmas time, it changes to a jazzy version of "Go Tell It On the Mountain" or "Buglers Holiday"

Oh, cool! I want Doctor Who telling me I have a text message. :D

My general ringtone is the theme from Doctor Who (from during the Tenth Doctor's time). My text and email notification is just something generic from the list on the phone. My dh's tone is Yellow, by Coldplay.

ETA: Found the text message notification. Downloaded and applied. So much fun! lol

Edited by mlbuchina