Menu

Where do you buy your kids' pajamas?

I'm full of questions today :lol: :D

I've noticed that pajamas for the boys are something I forget about. :blush: Pink, not so much, possibly because I still help her get ready for bed and stuff...

I always get them pajamas for Christmas.

I really like Carter's, BUT everywhere I look they're just so expensive. I did find a bunch on sale for Pink last spring, but I (once again!) forgot to look for the boys.

I want to say they've been wearing the same ones for 3-5 years. :leaving:

Oh, dear.

Anyway, so where is a good place to get pjs for kids? That doesn't cost a lot? Or do you just do department store sales or the like?

:bigear: Thanks!!

Usually the kids' pajamas come from Bergner's (Carson's) sales, but sometimes I luck out at one of the children's consignment shops. When they were tiny, I could find cute pajamas at Goodwill, but I never have any luck there anymore. My mom always finds great deals at Kohl's.

Costco or Old Navy

Costco often has the Carters sets (fleece pants and shirt) or dresses for around $10 and Old Navy always has a good selection of lounge pants and sleep shirts. I like sleep shirts rather than t-shirts since they fit snugly.

They either wear t-shirts and undies, or footie pjs. I get the footie pjs at consignment sales. I couldn't afford them otherwise, but this way I get them for $1-$3 each. They do have a few other pj sets, but those are from grandmas or hand-me-downs from friends.

We gave up trying to keep 2 sets of pjs for 5 kids, who were constantly growing.

We switched to fleece sweat pants and a favorite Tshirt that is slightly too small or has a stain on it. I don't think the boys would stand wearing pjs now.

However, my dear SIL did sew fleece pj pants for EVERYONE who came to her house for Christmas a few years back--I think she sewed 12 pairs!?! It was a fun surprise for everyone.

We only do all cotton jammies and I find the at Carters or at Target. I try to buy them on sale or I request them as Christmas gifts from the inlaws. :D My kids wear jammies all day on days that we don't leave the house. They think it's a special treat and privilege not to get dressed. They beg for jammie days! So, I have to make sure we have lots of jammie options on hand! But, my hubby thinks the good quality jammies are worth it because I do less laundry (if they don't get dressed during the day) and it really is cheaper than buying tons of outfits. So, they actually need less real clothes because we schedule some at-home days each week where we don't have to get dressed. At least, those are my justifications for all those really cute matching jammie sets............I love to buy books and jammies. It's a problem! :lol:

I get Carter's pjs for $8 a pair when I go to the Carter's outlet and use a coupon, which they almost always have available, for 20 or 25% off. But only my baby is small enough. I also get him Hanna Andersson zippers at Costco for $11 or $12 each, can't recall which.

The older kids I get pjs for at The Children's Place. ETA: They were around $9 each with a 30% off coupon I had. TCP always has coupons if you can stand getting emails. Oh, I do get the baby cotton TCP footy pjs, for around $7 ea with coupon.

I only buy cotton pjs, I don't know how much fleece ones cost.

Edited by Annie Laurie

We do a lot of Carters and Old Navy. I love the Old Navy long john/short john jammies (depending on season) and they run a 2 pairs for $20 sale on them from time to time. Plus they come in fun seasonal prints, which I can never resist :D My kids often get Halloween jammies, and our family tradition is that they get Christmas jammies on Christmas eve wear them all day Christmas Day.

My 3yo is wearing Carter's sleepers that were the 7yo's, and my baby is wearing Carter's sleepers that at least the 3 and 7yo wore, if not the 10yo. My MIL shops department stores and is a whiz at sales, so she often buys stuff that's only a few dollars and sets it aside until it fits someone.

Other than that, I've found pajamas at the thrift store, but often sweats or sweatshirts or t-shirts work too, and they always seem to have those around. Flannel pants are also super easy and super cheap to sew (especially with coupons from JoAnn's).

I tend not to bother too much for my son, he will wear whatever appropriate trousers I can find with a t shirt, though I did used to buy him Next snuggle pyjamas or whatever they are called. My eldest I tend to buy from M&S or Next, I struggle with winter pyjamas for her, stuff is never long enough.

I usually get my dd at Kohls because they usually have a good doll and me selection and they are cute and hold up. I have also seen some cute pajamas at JCPenney and Target

Same for the boys I get them flannel bottoms and regular t-shirts at Kohls. When they were little I think I purchased most at JcPenney. They loved the superhero ones. For my ds who use to be cold all the time I did purchase fleece pj's at lands end. It was pricey but worth the money.

I like the cheapie sweatpants from Walmart. For $3.88/pr you can't beat the price and they can be worn for daytime too. :-D We throw on a t-shirt or thermal henley (weather dependant). I also like the old navy pj's for the kids - they have a couple of matching sets of those. Most of our pj's arre grandma gifts though.

My older dd wears sweats and tees in the winter and cotton shorts and tees or tanks in the summer. I get her lots of cute "travel" / souvenir tees in the boys section of the thrift store. The bonus is they're usually Michigan lake towns she's actually been to and they're always very cheap ($1-$2). I don't like that most of the commercial pj's are polyester in her size.

My younger dd wears Carter cotton sets usually. I can find them relatively cheap still in her size.

This thread is reminding me of marathon pj sewing sessions that I have not done in years. :sad: I just placed an order from The Children's Place and they are sold out (as always!) of my kid's sizes. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something. :tongue_smilie:

Need to teach my dd to sew. Maybe today! She is recently reminding me of all her outgrown pj's.

Hanna Andersson PJs that have been passed down from kid to kid. These are the less form fitting ones they were still able to sell a few years ago.

We have two pairs of pjs from The Children's Place that held up almost as well as our Hannas, so if I could find that style again, I'd buy it.

We also use the organic PJs from Costco (Kirkland brand) that are about $12/pr and come in really cute designs. I size up on these. DD has 2 pairs of those I found at Goodwill, which was great since I knew I already liked those on her.

Walmart or Target. I buy them big and they wear them for years.

DD wears the fleece pj pants usually with Tinkerbell or princesses on them with no shirt, a nightgown, or just underwear. She is NEVER cold.

DS won't wear anything but sweatpants and t-shirts, so he often wears his regular clothes to bed. He does have some pj sets and fleece pants that he uses when he visits MIL mostly. He recently has tried out sleeping in nothing.

Mostly they wear Hannas from the outlet that are years old- my younger son in his brother's pass downs

:grouphug:

Thank you. I hadn't thought to check before now, but it turns out we have a Hanna outlet not terribly far from here. I only buy or make pjs for Christmas.

I really miss the Sara's Prints from CWD Kids. They were precious and I could match them! Hanna Andersson has really cute stripey (just a fun word!) ones, especially for the holidays.

Now that the boys are older, it's Pajama bottoms with tees to wear around the house. I find them at department stores, Kohls, Target. For the holidays, I'll splurge and get a pair from Vineyard Vines.