Menu

Terrible News, please pray

UPDATED IN POST 64- Good news!

The little boy that I'm supposed to start babysitting in 2 weeks needs prayers. His mom was walking down the stairs with him at 3 in the morning last night. She tripped and fell and the baby fell out her arms. He fractured his skull and there is some bleeding in his head. He's in the hospital now and may need surgery. That's all I know for now. :crying:

ETA: His name is Ben and he is 10 weeks old.

Edited by thescrappyhomeschooler

Praying for poor baby and mama. I tripped down the stairs while holding my first, so I know how easy that is (I'm sure especially so at 3 a.m.). I managed to land on my knees still holding her. Dh has a co-worker who did the same thing--it's got to be pretty common--whose baby was in the hospital for awhile and everything turned out fine. Praying for the same for this little one.

Thanks for the prayers everyone. I know the mom feels terrible. I talked to her sister. Another layer to the situation- they were all supposed to leave tomorrow morning for a week long family vacation to a Caribbean island- everyone including grandparents, great grandparents, aunts & uncles and cousins. I feel so sick for them. I really can't believe it.

I'm just hoping and praying that he comes through this all right. He's in the ICU and they're going to do more scans to see if they can determine exactly where the bleeding is coming from. The doctor said the fracture was probably in the best spot you could fracture your skull, so that may be a good sign.