Menu

A bit of a brag...and I have to share...

My 2nd dd is graduating from college on Saturday!!!

She is graduating from a 5 year course of study with a 3.9 GPA.

This is my daughter who could not read until she was 8...could not read well until 10.

This is my dd who could not write even a paragraph in 11 th grade. Not a lack of trying....she couldn't.

This dd knows how to push through. She knows how to work twice A's hard for half the accomplishment....and then go back and work some more.

This dd has overcome all sorts of odds...including full blown Hashimoto's at 17.

I am so proud of her. She has overcome!

And today, we found out she received a spot in the internship program! Less than 30% of the applicants are accepted for the 1st go round. She was offered a spot last night.

She deserves the position. She will work her butt off for them....and she is so excited!

So, I just wanted to encourage you moms....and also thank you for always being there....always praying us through....always giving advice....etc. Thanks! I am a proud Mamma!!!

Congratulations!!!!

I LOVE stories like this. Your daughter sounds so much like my 14-year-old. I can't wait to share our success story someday!

May I ask how long did you homeschool dd?

God Bless,

Elise in NC

She was home schooled from first grade until high school graduation. She went to PS for K and 1/2 of first.

This is my daughter who could not read until she was 8...could not read well until 10.

This is my dd who could not write even a paragraph in 11 th grade. Not a lack of trying....she couldn't.

This dd knows how to push through. She knows how to work twice A's hard for half the accomplishment....and then go back and work some more.

This dd has overcome all sorts of odds...including full blown Hashimoto's at 17.

And today, we found out she received a spot in the internship program! Less than 30% of the applicants are accepted for the 1st go round. She was offered a spot last night.

She deserves the position. She will work her butt off for them....and she is so excited!

So, I just wanted to encourage you moms....and also thank you for always being there....always praying us through....always giving advice....etc. Thanks! I am a proud Mamma!!!

Thank you so much for sharing this great news! You've been a source of encouragement for so long here. It's wonderful to hear how your hard work has been rewarded. Congratulations to both of you!

This is a huge encouragement to those of us with kids who are currently struggling with academics.

Great Job!!! :)

Congratulations to your daughter and to you too! Good job!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all SO much. This forum has been a source (THE source) for encouragement, and love for years and years. Through all our frustrations, finding curricula, changing it up, tossing it and doing something else, illneses, loss of my parents, a baby, etc....this forum has been a place where I can always turn for a shoulder to cry on, a pat on the back, a kick in the @ss.....whatever is needed at the time.

I AM so proud of my kids. They are resilient and strong. They know how to keep on keepin' on....even when life gets rough. Life has been rough for them sometimes. It just is for everyone.

Thanks for always being there for us!

10 more years to go....3 more to graduate. DS 17, graduates our homeschool May 31!!

Thanks again

With love,

Faithe