Menu

Frivolous poll about BROWNIES!

Which kind of BROWNIE is better?  

1. 1. Which kind of BROWNIE is better?

• Cake-like consistency
    • Fudgey consistency

Fudgier, definitely.

More specifically, brownies made with Ghirardelli sweet ground cocoa with a spoonful of chocolate frosting folded in and chocolate chips sprinkled on top of the batter.

That, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top is DIVINE. They have spoiled us for storebought or even boxed brownie mixes.

Help dh and I settle an argument...

Which is better?

Brownies with a little bit drier, cake-like, consistency?

Or brownies with a fudgier, gooey consistency?

Where's the "other" choice? I've had brownies that really were not much different than cake--didn't like that. I like the heavier, denser type, but not gooey.

I cook brownies for the minimum time listed on the box (I do not make homemade; I have not used a recipe yet that is chocolatey enough). They do not come out gooey.

I don't like fudge, so I'm not sure I'd use that to define my brownies.

Edited by gardening momma

:iagree:

...and now I go to search my cupboards to see if I have everything I need to make brownies. :D

I should not open food threads....they only lead to pregnancy cravings. I think I have a brownish mix and some chocolate chips....

I voted cake-like, although as someone else pointed out, brownies are much denser than cake. My brownies also must have nuts and must not have chocolate chips. I can't stand fudgey brownies. If I wanted fudge, I'd make fudge. :D

Edited by LizzyBee

I couldn't answer the poll, because we always do the cake like recipe on the back of the brownie mix box, but I cook the brownies so that they come out moist and chocolaty (sort of fudgy). Currently using Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate mix.

I'm coming to your house. Yum.