Menu

What is the most AMAZING dessert that you know of?

Tap

I want to make something so delicious, I won't want to stop eating it.

What is this item of which I speak?

If you have a recipe....that would be really, really helpful! LOL

I like most desserts, so throw anything you have at me....I may just make them all!

These are the most incredible brownies. I made them for my son's graduation and they were a hit. So good in fact that I've made them several more times...

You can get quite a caffeine rush, though, if eaten with a cup of coffee. Maybe it would work to use decaf...might have to try that next time. But really, these are to die for.

I want to make something so delicious, I won't want to stop eating it.

What is this item of which I speak?

If you have a recipe....that would be really, really helpful! LOL

I like most desserts, so throw anything you have at me....I may just make them all!

For me, that would be finger jello, but you probably don't mean something like that. I have the most childish desert taste in the world :D.

It doesn't have a name, but I LOVE gooey brownies layered with chocolate pudding, whipped topping & shaved chocolate on top! YUM!!! If you want to go extreme, you can even drizzle carmel all over it before you put on the shaved chocolate.

I make a desert similar to this that I call a trifle. I know trifle usually has alcohol. Whatever it is, it's yummy. This recipe actually originated from a Well Trained Mind recipe link from the old boards.

Layer:

Brownies

Cherry pie filling

White chocolate pudding/whipped topping mixture

Repeat the layers

It's best if it can set a few hours/overnight to let the brownies soak up the moisture.

Paula Deen's Not Yo Mama's banana pudding. EASY

Ingredients

2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies

6 to 8 bananas, sliced

2 cups milk

1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened

1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream

Directions

Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.

In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Trifle!!!!!

Angel Cake

Whipped Topping

Sour Cream

Instant pudding (traditional is vanilla but you can make chocolate)

Fresh Fruit----Strawberries, Bananas, Kiwi, pineapple, whatever you like)

Mix whip topping, Sour Cream, and unmade pudding together. Chunk up cake, (you can soak the cake in sherry, but it is great without)

Layer cake, pudding mixture, and fruit a couple of times and then add some fruit on top to make it pretty.

Easy and great tasting.

When I am in a major chocolate mood I use chocolate pudding mix and brownies with strawberries and bananas.

Nanaimo bars!

What a great question!

I also love Nanaimo bars.

Also, chocolate terrine, flourless chocolate cake, and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

And if you have a Potbelly's Sandwich shop in your area, go in and try a Shelia's Dream Bar.

Oh, and I also love those 7-layer bars. The ones where the layers are are drenched in sweetened condensed milk.

Oh, and that toffee recipe where you bake saltine crackers in brown sugar and butter, then top with chocolate chips (which melt). Oh, that's soo good.

I rarely meet a dessert I don't like.

We love Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Pie.

These peanut butter bars taste like Reese Cups. I usually eat at least half a dozen as soon as they are done.

These are the only brownies we make. I gave up all box mixes after trying these once.

If ice cream is what we want, our favorite is to get Extreme Chocolate Moose Tracks ice cream and make shakes with it. We usually add a dollop of peanut butter as well.

I took the idea of the Cranberry Bliss Bar from Starbucks and made it into a cheesecake! It's my personal favorite and it gets rave reviews whenever I take it to events.

I start with the Philadelphia Cheesecake recipe but I mix 1/2 to 3/4 cup dried cranberries and 1/2 to 3/4 cup white chocolate chips into it before baking. When it's cooled, I top it with more dried cranberries and drizzle w/melted white chocolate. As an added bonus, this covers any cracks in the cheesecake :D. I need to add a bit of ginger to it like Starbucks does, but I haven't experimented w/the quantity yet. People love it as is, though.

Here's the cheesecake recipe:

What You Need

1-1/2 cups HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs

3 Tbsp. sugar

1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted

4 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

1 cup sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

4 eggs

Make It

HEAT oven to 325°F.

MIX graham crumbs, 3 Tbsp. sugar and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.

BEAT cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. (gently fold in cranberries & chips) Pour over crust.

BAKE 55 min. or until center is almost set. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.

Oh, and I also love those 7-layer bars. The ones where the layers are are drenched in sweetened condensed milk.

Hello Dollies?

LOVE THESE!!!!! And they are so easy to make.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/hello-dolly-bars-10000001687691/

There are some minor variations. Some recipes call for vanilla wafers and I've never used butterscotch chips. I can't find my recipe, but I think I just used twice as many chocolate chips.

Between ds#1 and I, we could easily polish off an entire batch of my mom's ginger snap cookies in a day. If you do them just right, they have a crunchy-on-the-outside sugary crust, and they are slightly chewy. Yumm!

I'm pretty sure I posted the recipe last year. (Just looked it up.)

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2241455#poststop

Also, my grandma's spruta (spritz) cookie recipe was considered to be the best amongst all the Norwegian ladies in their church:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2238716#poststop

(For those wrestling with a cookie press, there is a lot of information on using a cookie press in the last post. Re. cookie presses, once you figure out how to use the thing, you'll be hooked. It is *so* easy and fast. )

Do I have to pick just one?

Our family's favorite is S'mores Pie--They want that one every holiday, plus, you know, any day ending in "y!" ;)

I'm partial to anything made with a liqueur, especially if there's chocolate involved somehow.

I make this chocolate torte for guests a lot, because it seems fancy, and I always get great reviews, (and requests for the recipe!).

Basically, I like chocolate-heavy desserts...although, I wouldn't turn down a nice piece (or three!) of carrot cake, either!

This is your answer, for sure:

http://books.google.com/books?id=tbyW2LeXIOkC&pg=PA960&lpg=PA960&dq=chocolate+molten+cakes+joy+of+cooking&source=bl&ots=fPMDj6aAGL&sig=r3ZvVGxDVucKmlvZUKqxxEnaHNU&hl=en&ei=QDXmTq2MKerX0QHi4unNBQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CHYQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q&f=false

Chocolate Molten Cakes, p 960 Joy of Cooking

I make them double/triple size in small souffle dishes (8 oz or so) instead of the muffin tins b/c I like them BIG

Serve with whip cream, and FOR SURE also with raspberry coulis (thaw a bag of frozen raspberries. Blend in blender. Press through fine seive, discard seeds. Add sugar to taste.)

Pure perfection. Bonus: You can make the recipe, and refrigerate before baking for up to a day. Just expect the baking time to be a few minutes longer since they'll be cold. The raspberry coulis can also be made ahead. Whip the cream while they are in the oven.

AWESOME. And, not as hard as they sound. They also happen to be gluten free.

strawberry or chocolate trifle

strawberry-cut up a jelly roll. put it in a large bowl. sprinkle with a couple of tablespoons of sweet sherry and a package of strawberry jello (mixed according to box instructions).

dump a cup or two of strawberries into the bowl. make a batch of custard and dump that on top. let set in fridge. top with cool whip and strawberries to garnish.

for chocolate we just layer chocolate cake and chocolate pudding and top with cool whip and chocolate shavings.