• Horton Hears a Who
    • Horton Hatches and Egg
    • Hop on Pop
    • Bartholomew and the Oobleck
    • The Sleep Book
    • Fox in Sox
    • Green Eggs and Ham
    • Other

I am not sure which was the most fun, but I have to share what I did with Grand kids this summer when they were visiting for a week.

I found some Dr. Suess socks in the dollar bin at Target. I bought a bunch for them and me to wear.

Everynight before bedtime we would all grab our favorite pair of Dr. Suess socks and have Dr. Suess storytime on the sofa. I have a Dr. Suess Treasury book, so we didn't run out of stories.

Memories are as grand the kids were.

So much fun! They are all still talking about it!

I am not sure which was the most fun, but I have to share what I did with Grand kids this summer when they were visiting for a week.

I found some Dr. Suess socks in the dollar bin at Target. I bought a bunch for them and me to wear.

Everynight before bedtime we would all grab our favorite pair of Dr. Suess socks and have Dr. Suess storytime on the sofa. I have a Dr. Suess Treasury book, so we didn't run out of stories.

I love this! What a fun memory that will be for them. I may steal it if I ever find any Dr Seuss socks, hope you don't mind!:001_smile:

My ABSOLUTE ABSOLUTE favorite of Dr. Seuss's is:

The Sneetches!!!

I actually read this poem aloud at a fun/talent show. (And I don't get up on stage - EVER)

Soooooo love this book!

LOVE IT!

Bitter Batter Butter Battle

LOVE IT!

But the most fun Dr. Suess book to read right now at my house is The Lorax. The kids have it almost memorized. DS loves it! Their favorite line, which they stop and gear up all their "ham" for is: "Business is business, and business must grow! Regardless of crummies in tummies, you know!" They say it together while trying to look sick to their stomachs, and DD always rubs her tummy. It's so DRAMATIC. I love it!!

I love this! What a fun memory that will be for them. I may steal it if I ever find any Dr Seuss socks, hope you don't mind!:001_smile:

That is why I posted it! Hope you find some socks! Otherwise, just get some cute "story time" socks and go with it.

Awww, this is great :001_smile:

I seem to read Go, Dogs Go! an awful lot.

Go dogs go is not by Dr. Suess. It is by P.D. Eastman.;)

I love Dr. Suess! I have very found memories of my mom reading all of them to me as a child. My favorites are Horton, the Sneetches, the grinch, and The Pale Green Pants With Nobody Inside Them. My oldest dd loved the pale green pants so much that I have it memorized.

I love Fox in Sox. However, I grew up listening to an excellent audio recording of Dr. Seuss books, so that narrator's voice is in my head giving me structure for the tongue twister. I found it currently for sale! When I looked a few years ago, I could not find it anywhere. http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Seuss-Presents-Fox-Sox/dp/B0012GN1EI/ref=tmm_acd_title_0 You can listen to a sample of the stories.

Go dogs go is not by Dr. Suess. It is by P.D. Eastman.;)

Ahahaha, I voted Other, because my most fun Dr. Seuss book is Go, Dog, Go!

Then I'll choose Red Fish, Blue Fish.

Neither are particularly my favorite, but based on the poll wording (most fun), that's my answer.

I never knew people didn't like Dr. Seuss; I've learned something new on this thread.:001_huh: My true confession: I never liked Berenstain Bears and Franklin was just okay.

I love Fox in Sox. However, I grew up listening to an excellent audio recording of Dr. Seuss books, so that narrator's voice is in my head giving me structure for the tongue twister. I found it currently for sale! When I looked a few years ago, I could not find it anywhere. http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Seuss-Presents-Fox-Sox/dp/B0012GN1EI/ref=tmm_acd_title_0 You can listen to a sample of the stories.

I had that too and I can't help but read the book the same way! lol I have to say Fox in Sox is my personal favorite.

I am really shocked to hear that so many people do NOT like Seuss. :001_huh: We love him here. We own nearly every one, including a large treasury.

Thidwick the Big Hearted Moose is a favorite here with the children. And McElligot's Pool! All the usual suspects as well: The Sneetches, The Lorax, Horton Hatches the Egg, etc.