Frivolous poll

Which do you prefer?  

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Coffee
    • Tea
    • Either
    • Neither
    • Both

Both. Coffee in the morning. Tea any other time except evening... and then it's herbal tea (current fave: Chocolate Puerh.)

I have a tea OBSESSION. I give tea parties for my friends and have all the cool toys. I have different pots for the Asian teas I serve with nothing and the more English style pots for when we do cream, sugar, scones, . . .the works. I even have the Zojirushi water boiler that has preset temps for black, white, and green teas. It's set to heat up in the morning and stay 'just right' all day. Mostly, I drink Trader Joe's Irish Breakfast Tea with milk and sugar, but I have an extensive collection that gets used and replenished regularly.

I do not know how to make coffee, and can't stand the taste, but I LOVE the way it smells :001_smile:

I have a tea OBSESSION. I give tea parties for my friends and have all the cool toys. I have different pots for the Asian teas I serve with nothing and the more English style pots for when we do cream, sugar, scones, . . .the works. I even have the Zojirushi water boiler that has preset temps for black, white, and green teas. It's set to heat up in the morning and stay 'just right' all day. Mostly, I drink Trader Joe's Irish Breakfast Tea with milk and sugar, but I have an extensive collection that gets used and replenished regularly.

I do not know how to make coffee, and can't stand the taste, but I LOVE the way it smells :001_smile:

:lol: You sound I like a lot of fun. :D

Can I be your friend? I love tea parties! When I was pregnant with Indy, my baby shower was a high tea. It was fantastic!

Two years ago when we were doing WP Children Around the World and studying England, we had a tea party and had a bunch of Indy's friends over. We also had one of my British friends over who told the kids about England.

For the royal wedding, Indy and I went to the local British shop and bought all kinds of British goodies and tea to have while we watched. We're both big tea drinkers.

Oh, and when I was about 12 or so, our neighbor was from England and would have me over every afternoon (after school) for tea and biscuits. I loved her!

Indy and I flew to England last year for a field trip (we were studying the Middle Ages) and the tea at the B&B was proper English tea and so delicious. We drank pots and pots of it. It was chilly and drizzley the whole time we were there (it is England after all) and every day when we got back from touring castles, churches and whatnot, the landlady would bring a fresh pot of tea and a plate of biscuits and scones with clotted cream to our room. Indy and I were in heaven.

I like a good strong black tea most of the time, but sometimes I'm in the mood for a delicate white tea. My favorite tea is called Erdbeere-Sahne, which is German for Strawberry Cream. It is a strong black tea with bits of dried strawberry in it. It's so good! Indy prefers English Breakfast Tea or Irish Breakfast Tea. He likes it strong too!

Can I be your friend? I love tea parties! When I was pregnant with Indy, my baby shower was a high tea. It was fantastic!

Two years ago when we were doing WP Children Around the World and studying England, we had a tea party and had a bunch of Indy's friends over. We also had one of my British friends over who told the kids about England.

For the royal wedding, Indy and I went to the local British shop and bought all kinds of British goodies and tea to have while we watched. We're both big tea drinkers.

Oh, and when I was about 12 or so, our neighbor was from England and would have me over every afternoon (after school) for tea and biscuits. I loved her!

Indy and I flew to England last year for a field trip (we were studying the Middle Ages) and the tea at the B&B was proper English tea and so delicious. We drank pots and pots of it. It was chilly and drizzley the whole time we were there (it is England after all) and every day when we got back from touring castles, churches and whatnot, the landlady would bring a fresh pot of tea and a plate of biscuits and scones with clotted cream to our room. Indy and I were in heaven.

I like a good strong black tea most of the time, but sometimes I'm in the mood for a delicate white tea. My favorite tea is called Erdbeere-Sahne, which is German for Strawberry Cream. It is a strong black tea with bits of dried strawberry in it. It's so good! Indy prefers English Breakfast Tea or Irish Breakfast Tea. He likes it strong too!

YES! This level of fanaticism is to be cultivated and shared. PM me if you ever land near Ft. Meade. I have a lovely scone recipe that I use every excuse to trot out :-)

YES! This level of fanaticism is to be cultivated and shared. PM me if you ever land near Ft. Meade. I have a lovely scone recipe that I use every excuse to trot out :-)

Yes, it should be cultivated. Can you believe those silly colonists dumped all that tea into the harbor? WTH? I'll bet it was good tea too. ;)

Indy and I always start our day off with a cup of tea. He takes 2 lumps and honey in his. I used to use agave nectar in mine, but I'm doing the HCG diet and off sugar for now. Sadness. I've actually gotten used to it not being sweet. Last week I wasn't feeling well so James Bond kindly made me a cup of tea and added agave nectar. I took a sip and it tasted weird! It was sweet. I drank it because I wasn't feeling well and I didn't want to hurt JB's feelings, but the whole time I was wishing it were plain.

If we're ever near Ft. Mead (that's actually where JB was trying to go, but it looks like it's out) maybe we can have a big old tea party. I have loads and loads of transferware tea pots, cups and saucers!

Coffee in the morning (a local, high altitude bean, medium roast....I will sorely miss this coffee if/when we move back to the US!).

Iced tea as a frequent drink during the summer months (we're in winter right now) (de-caf iced tea)

Hot tea, flavored, really fruit ones, not herbal so not actually tea...in the evening in the winter when it's freezing.

TeA, though I still don't know the story behind the abbreviation, when mood & opportunity happen to coincide :)