Menu

How long have you been home schooling

I think we homeschooled for 18 years or so. PreK-high school graduation with our twins, and then an additional 3 years after that. My three younger sons just finished their 3rd year in public school. It has been a good fit for us.

We will be starting our third year. My oldest son is 23, and he told me he wishes I had homeschooled him. He sees how my two youngest are thriving. He has already decided that he will be a SAHD and homeschool his children. His girlfriend in fine with the decision even though they don't plan on a wedding for another 2 yrs, and they have no children. I am so proud of him.

I start counting from when I formally used a curriculum to teach him to read. We were going to start in January but we were all sick with the flu that month. We started in February after he turned 4(in Jan). He will be 26 this January, so almost 22 years.

When I started I had a very sick 3 month. And I did not do much, but he learned to read!

I still have one at home. She is 11. This will be the first year of only one and no babies/toddlers/preschoolers. It seems so strange.

Linda