Menu

Would you try any of these ice cream desserts?

Would you try any of these desserts?  

1. 1. Would you try any of these desserts?

• Blueberry cheesecake ice cream pie
    • Amaretto ice cream with roasted nectarines
    • Kiwi sorbet with fresh strawberries
    • I wouldn't try any of those--they all sound kind of yucky.
    • I wouldn't try any of those--I would never eat dessert of any kind.

Three selections:

#1. Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Pie--cheesecake ice cream with a wild swirl of blueberry and graham crust.

#2. Amaretto Ice Cream with Roasted Nectarines--pretty much what it says it is. :tongue_smilie:

#3. Kiwi Sorbet with Fresh Strawberries--pretty much what it says it is.

Would you be willing to try any of these desserts?

(You can vote for multiple choices)

It is 106 degrees here. I would eat every last one of them. :D

Daisy! I haven't seen any posts from you in a while. Have I just been missing them? It's very very hot where we are right now too. I also have a new ice cream maker and need some seasonal desserts for the restaurant. :tongue_smilie:

I don't generally care for ice cream, but I am picturing a grilled/roasted half nectarine with a tiny scoop of amaretto ice cream in the little divot left by the pit. That sounds fantastic.

A big scoop of ice cream with fruit on top, though? Not for me, but my husband (the resident ice cream eater) would probably love it.

Three selections:

#1. Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Pie--cheesecake ice cream with a wild swirl of blueberry and graham crust.

#2. Amaretto Ice Cream with Roasted Nectarines--pretty much what it says it is. :tongue_smilie:

You said cheesecake? I'm so there! :drool:

Julie, my friend, I would very likely try any dessert you created. I admit I'm partial to chocolate; it's presence, at least in part, is the ~ dare I say it? ~ icing on the cake. But I'd certainly give any of the desserts you described a whirl ~ especially if I was some place where the weather was truly, consistently warm. (Some place else, in other words!)

I'm pretty equal opportunity when it comes to dessert, so I'd try any of them. The amaretto-nectarine combo sounds intriguing, and I'd definitely try it if it was the one offered, but if I had a choice of all three, I'd probably go for one of the other two first, most likely the blueberry one.

I don't generally care for ice cream, but I am picturing a grilled/roasted half nectarine with a tiny scoop of amaretto ice cream in the little divot left by the pit. That sounds fantastic.

A big scoop of ice cream with fruit on top, though? Not for me, but my husband (the resident ice cream eater) would probably love it.

Oh stop now. Just stop.

(:glare: Wish I could utter those words)

The sorbet, I would try. But, honestly, wouldn't be a top choice for a paid dessert.

We still have other standard (and more mundane :D) choices on the menu. Right now, that would be:

Flourless chocolate cake

Peanut butter chocolate pie

Creme brulee

Brownie ice cream sundae

Key lime parfait

I still like the menu to include one seasonal dessert that is a bit out of the ordinary. Something you wouldn't find just anywhere...something for those a bit more adventurous. :tongue_smilie:

Julie, my friend, I would very likely try any dessert you created. I admit I'm partial to chocolate; it's presence, at least in part, is the ~ dare I say it? ~ icing on the cake. But I'd certainly give any of the desserts you described a whirl ~ especially if I was some place where the weather was truly, consistently warm. (Some place else, in other words!)

:001_smile: Thanks!

I can't help with the truly, consistently warm weather though--we only seem to do "blazingly hot" weather around here. :glare:

Currently 99* and holding.

There's a dairy here that sells blueberry cheesecake ice cream(blueberries, bits of cheesecake, and graham crackers mixed in with vanilla ice cream) and it is delicious. It's my absolute favorite ice cream even though I'm normally all about chocolate.

So I would order the pie in a heartbeat...even if I find pie crust gross.

Three selections:

#1 - Nope, gluten issues, and not a fan of blueberries

#2 - I don't like alcohol flavoured anything for dessert

#3 - Nope, don't like kiwi.

They all sound delicious!

From the poll results, it appears we have well-trained sweet teeth here!:D

Question: is amaretto "alcohol flavored"? I thought it was almond flavored. I don't drink, but I do love almond and amaretto desserts.