Menu

Would you wear this shirt?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's say, "hypothetically" that someone's DH bought it for them, and it is now hanging in their closet, and he wants them to wear it tomorrow to a little league game.

Sure.

Seems fun for a sporting event.

It says "fast."

Now if it said "easy" or "easy score" - that would not be appropriate.;)

Sure.

Seems fun for a sporting event.

It says "fast."

Now if it said "easy" or "easy score" - that would not be appropriate.;)

:iagree: It's obviously a Nike product and it's certainly not immodest. The neckline is just shy of being a turtleneck for cryin' out loud. I'm not sure why the word "fast" would garner such negative reactions either. Maybe I just don't go directly to the juvenile connotations, or maybe I'm just too old to give a cr*p what anyone thinks of me anymore.

Guest momk2000

I personally would not wear it since it is not my style and due to my age and size, but would not be offended by it if I saw it on someone else. It's obvious, with the Nike logo, how we are to interpret "fast".

No, because I wouldn't pay $30 for it.

If it were my dh who bought, I'd simply ask for the receipt so I could pick somethingelse out, that I will use more (goggles, shorts), I've got plenty of t shirts.

Now, my dh won't get hurt feelings about clothing, but other presents I won't return and will use. If dh ever gives me things that aren't clothes I know he spent a lot of time trying to figure out something he thought was special. He buys clothes only if I specifically tell him an item, size and color or if he's just desperate and feels he must purchase something because it's a gift giving occasion and he has nothing (this is usually something he does on Christmas eve).

So, really it's a know the dh response. I don't find the T itself particularly offensive and would not be embarrassed to wear it--I just have no need for it. So, if I knew the gift purchase was special to dh, then, yes, I'd keep it and wear it.

I would wear it while running, that would be cute.

I wouldn't wear it anywhere else because the colors are a bit loud and I don't typically wear any words on my chest, much less slang for 'slut'. Definitely not to a Little League game or anywhere else. I personally don't care what others wear, but I know quite a few LL moms who would absolutely take note of this kind of statement. Like it or not, we, and our families, are judged by these kind of things.

Furthermore, to be honest it would really bug me if my husband was trying to dress me, LOL!! It's one thing to give the gift, it's another to try to control when and where the gift is worn. That becomes a gift with strings.

Does anyone still use the word fast anymore? To mean something other than speedy, I mean. I've never actually heard anyone use it that was younger than my parents.

Look, this one says "Zoom". I'm sure the designer is a 20-something who has no idea "fast" had any type of sexual connotation. This isn't like the Juicy thing at all, which is obviously meant in a graphically sexual manner.

Furthermore, to be honest it would really bug me if my husband was trying to dress me, LOL!! It's one thing to give the gift, it's another to try to control when and where the gift is worn. That becomes a gift with strings.

DH just loves me and wants me to be happy, and when I was complaining about having no cute summer things he was off to the store. (It just so happened he went to the running store.) I also got a couple of Patagonia skirts that I'd recently had my eye on. :D I love bright colors and usually don't mind words. I love this shirt, except for the "fast" part. I wish it was just the orange swoosh. He won't care if I want to take it back, he'll probably think I'm being silly, but it won't bother him.

I am actually happy to have DH dress me. Unlike me, he NEVER feels it necessary to shop the clearance racks and he usually knows my tastes. :lol:

We have to leave early tomorrow, so I was getting our clothes out tonight. When I checking the weather and pondering what to wear, he suggested my new Nike shirt. But seeing it hanging on the closet door, I started to worry, and thought I would ask the hive. I just do that, I worry about silly things.

DH just loves me and wants me to be happy, and when I was complaining about having no cute summer things he was off to the store.

Oh dear, please know I was not calling your husband a control freak at all! I was just picturing my situation if my husband, or someone else bought me something and was insisting I wear it to a certain event. I think I went down that that line of thinking in error after reading your mention of the LL game. Again, I was only referring to how I think I would feel, not trying to make an assessment of your situation by any means.

I'm sure your husband will understand if you don't care for the "fast" connotation, he probably wasn't even thinking of it when he bought it, since he was at a running store at the time! How thoughtful of him to listen to your concerns and then go shopping for you. (My husband and I both loathe shopping so I really admire that!!)

Does anyone still use the word fast anymore? To mean something other than speedy, I mean. I've never actually heard anyone use it that was younger than my parents.

Look, this one says "Zoom". I'm sure the designer is a 20-something who has no idea "fast" had any type of sexual connotation. This isn't like the Juicy thing at all, which is obviously meant in a graphically sexual manner.

:iagree:

DH just loves me and wants me to be happy, and when I was complaining about having no cute summer things he was off to the store.

He sounds sweet :001_wub: I think I'd give him a big smooch and wear it, head high and shoulders back.

:iagree: I've never heard anyone my age (33) use fast as a reference to anything risqué. Ever. I didn't even think of it as a reference to anything other than "sporty". I mean, the Nike swoosh is a pretty universal symbol for "sportiness". I think the swoosh puts the wording into context, if that makes sense.

Edited by hsbaby

It doesn't seem all that different than my Nike shirt that says "Just Do It". It is obviously a sport shirt, and if you have the figure for it I say go ahead.

Do it. ROFLOL! I never thought of it that way. I am thinking of Water Boy with Adam Sandler and his friend says "You can do it. You can do it all night." Whoo... okay that was fun.:D

Okay, obviously there is a double meaning. Duh. Why would anyone want to even hint at the fact that sexually they were "fast"? Really, why not just walk down the street naked?

It's tacky. What does it mean? Look at my butt? Look at my boobs? Come on ladies, fun is fun but can't we show a little more decency than that?

Indecent? A sports shirt at a sporting event? Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

(No innuendo implied there, either, BTW!)

I'd wear it. I care more about my husband (and wanting him to keep shopping for me, despite the occasional bad buy LOL) than I do any catty parents sitting next to me in the stands. I had two baseball games and two soccer games today, and can't tell you what anyone was wearing. I don't even remember what the heck I was wearing. I was watching the game and keeping track of my other kids. If someone had showed up with cleavage to THERE or arse cheeks hanging below denim cutoffs, that'd be different. This is a conservatively cut shirt with a sports logo and reference at a sporting event ::shrug:: any indecency is inferred, not implied. And that's not on me ;)

He sounds sweet :001_wub: I think I'd give him a big smooch and wear it, head high and shoulders back.

:iagree: I tend to run on the modest side of things but I think that if I had a runners figure I'd wear it proudly.