Menu

Would you wear this shirt?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But it's a sport brand… granted, I don't really buy any of the well known sports brands - Nike, Adidas, etc - but they don't strike me as the sorts of companies that would DO that.. and the word "fast" totally goes with the Nike Swoosh symbol and the whole running thing.

I am sure the company is not naive enough to think that no one will interpret "fast" as "easy." They knew it would come across that way to many people, and still made the shirt.

I am sure the company is not naive enough to think that no one will interpret "fast" as "easy." They knew it would come across that way to many people, and still made the shirt.

I don't know, it just doesn't come across that way to me… it's a sport word, on a piece of sport clothing, made by a sports company.

It's not "sexy chick" written in pink glitter across skin tight hot pants. :p

Clearly Juicy does have another connotation. My perspective is that fast does as well. Saying the "fast" message is only intended to mean "you are a quick runner" is like saying that Juicy is ONLY the brandname of the pants.

ETA: Both strike me as naive viewpoints that allow a company to sexualize the wearer for their profit

I think fast on a running shirt is different than juicy across your butt. That is jmo. :)

Let's say, "hypothetically" that someone's DH bought it for them, and it is now hanging in their closet, and he wants them to wear it tomorrow to a little league game.

That's funny! No! I'm not sure the other parents would appreciate it, either.

I don't think the tie to "fast" is the problem. To me, it says, "Please look at my @ss and give me your opinion of it." :D

Anyway, I'm too old and I don't run fast, so that would be one reason not to wear it. I also don't like words/logos on clothes in general, and especially on the rear.

Huh? I saw no words on the rear of the shirt in the OP.

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/brandswomen/nike/bottoms/PRD~513119/Nike+DriFIT+Be+Fast+Performance+Capris.jsp

What do they mean when they sell "Be Fast Performance Capris"??? I think the meaning of the athletic "fast" is what Nike is usually going for when they market athletic gear.

What about the religious term "fast"? Is it possible they are talking about that? ;)

Hello, :seeya: OP here.

Sorry, been away at the tournament. We didn't do so well. :sad: DS however, played AWESOME!!

Just in case you're wondering, I decided not to wear my shirt to the games. I'm going keep it though, but probably just run in it. If you see me go by be sure to wave, but I'll probably just be a big blur because I'm...you know... so FAST!!! :lol:

Thanks to all who commented!

Just in case you're wondering, I decided not to wear my shirt to the games. I'm going keep it though, but probably just run in it. If you see me go by be sure to wave, but I'll probably just be a big blur because I'm...you know... so FAST!!! :lol:

No doubt! :D

I wear workout clothes to go to the gym and I run my errands including grocery store, other stores and running my dd to dance class and staying there to wait for her. I don't feel a need to keep a change of clothes with me, and I assume people think (oh she must be going to the gym) ::shrug::

I'll tell you later on after thinking about it for a bit the whole "Just do it" entered the brain. The though process took a while but it went something like this:

Just do it

Fast

Just do it fast

I'm available for a quickie.

The word "fast" emblazoned across a woman's chest or butt is just not something I'd consider tasteful.

Edited by Parrothead

I'd wear it. I think it's cute.

ETA: It's a running shirt. That is the connotation of "fast". If it were one of those shirts sold at Walmart that are supposed to be "sexy", it'd be a different story. Sorry, I just don't see it here, jmo.

Edited by Princess Peach

As someone who's a bit on the lazy side athletically? I would be embarrassed to wear it. If I were a relatively quick runner? I'd love it. Especially because it happens to be my kid's baseball team's colors. I'd buy one for him if it came in a men's small size. He's a big fan of Nike and he's a pretty darn quick 13 year old...he recently ran a mile in just over 5 minutes. ;)

That's an awesome time.

Oh, to be young again...