Menu

My dad passed away on Thanksgiving

I've mentioned here before that my dad had leukemia and had a bone marrow transplant. He was doing great until about 1 1/2 weeks ago, but started running a fever and slowly went downhill, but it really seemed like he was going to pull through. The day before Thanksgiving, though, he took a nosedive and all the family was called to the hospital. He wasn't conscious, but we talked to him a lot and told him we loved him. My brother was out of state with his in-laws for Thanksgiving, so it took him longer to get there than the rest of us. My dad passed away within about 10-15 minutes of my brother arriving at the hospital. I think my dad was waiting for him.

It is all still such a shock. Yes, he had been sick and battling a horrible disease, but he was doing so, so well. The funeral is tomorrow.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Robin

Oh I am so sorry for your loss. I have a very similar story about my father. He died 11 years ago and at the time we had 9 young children. We had just bought a house and were moving in when my family called to let us know he wasn't going to last long. We too lived in different states. It was quite difficult. Especially since I was told in a very nice way that my mom really didn't want us to bring kids. Um, how do I leave town, leave 9 kids in a home cluttered with boxes. The fridge wasn't even plugged in and running yet. And who could even come here to watch them. Well, we quickly farmed them out except the twin babies to members of our church and hurried to CO. My father too passed very shortly after I arrived. There are 6 children in my family and I was the last one to show up. After all, I had much more to deal with before I could hit the road! But yes, it was special to me. Because I think I pretty much believe that he waited for me too. I pray your family will recover quickly from this.

blessings,

tricia

How often this happens. :grouphug: May you, like many others have, find sweet memories greeting you at every turn.

I pretty much believe that he waited for me too.

Yes, the ICU nurse says it happens all the time. It is a very special memory that I know my brother will cherish.

My dad was able to leave this world with his wife, four children, Daughter in law, son in law, brother, sister, brother, and niece by his side.

I've mentioned here before that my dad had leukemia and had a bone marrow transplant. He was doing great until about 1 1/2 weeks ago, but started running a fever and slowly went downhill, but it really seemed like he was going to pull through. The day before Thanksgiving, though, he took a nosedive and all the family was called to the hospital. He wasn't conscious, but we talked to him a lot and told him we loved him. My brother was out of state with his in-laws for Thanksgiving, so it took him longer to get there than the rest of us. My dad passed away within about 10-15 minutes of my brother arriving at the hospital. I think my dad was waiting for him.

It is all still such a shock. Yes, he had been sick and battling a horrible disease, but he was doing so, so well. The funeral is tomorrow.

Robin

I am so sorry...praying for you.

Faithe

Robin

Oh Robin, No words. So very sorry.....:grouphug:

Will pray for you and family. Sheryl <><