Menu

Which Boardie do you live close to?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've met sheryl IRL at horseback riding lessons for our kids, so I know she's nearby, but I'm not sure where.

I'm thinking there MUST be some moms in the Charlotte, NC area, but I have yet to meet others (btw, I'd love to if you're out there!).

Have any of you in or around Austin attempted a meet up? I remember seeing that at least one member was part of the LWOL group, but I've not been active in that group for the past couple of years, so can't remember who it was.

If anyone wants to meet IRL, I'm game. :)

I am game for that :) What is LWOL?

I live near Jennifer in MI, but we have yet to meet.

I don't know where you are, Angela, or where the ladies you mentioned are. But I live in a suburb about 45 minutes north of Detroit. If you're near, feel free to pm me!

I live about an hour & 20 minutes north of Detroit (theoretically... we all know what it's really like due to construction :tongue_smilie:) It takes me about 50 minutes to get as far south as Clinton Twp.

ETA: There are two others within 30 minutes of me, but since I use my real name, I probably better not out them.

Edited by darlasowders

Me too, also Caroline & Rocker Mom (though she's a bit north of us)

I had no idea RockerMom was close to us.

I am wondering if a mom from soccer is on here. I know she homeschools. I might ask her on Saturday.

And CathieC and I grew up in the same town, but neither of us live there anymore.

Edited by Caroline

Cool! I wonder if I know you IRL. I live in the Cheatham Robertson Co area.

Love McKays too!

It's pretty easy to figure out who I am from my screen name..... What groups are you involved with? I'm in CHARA, Hope@Home, and we go to CHET.

I'm in Northern NJ. I know there's a couple others in NJ, including robin in NJ, but I'm not sure which part.

I know quite a few in central Jersey but not many in northern NJ. Where are you? I'm from Ridgewood and I'm often there for errands and family but I live in Sussex county now. I only know of one other person nearby and that is Testimony although I've never met her. :)

I know quite a few in central Jersey but not many in northern NJ. Where are you? I'm from Ridgewood and I'm often there for errands and family but I live in Sussex county now. I only know of one other person nearby and that is Testimony although I've never met her. :)

I used to live in Hopatcong. My oldest still dances in Sparta so I see a lot of Sussex County.

I currently live in the middle of Morris County.

I am also in middle TN and I know that there are at least 20 people other people in this general area as well.

I'm one!

I don't know anyone IRL except a friend of mine who doesn't get on very much. I'm in the Boro. Hello MidTn boardies!

I wish I did know some of you IRL so we could get together. The last few h'sers that I've met didn't even know what classical education or WTM are. :svengo::tongue_smilie:

I am about 30 minutes north of Mobile, AL. I don't know if we have any boardies in my neighborhood.

I'm in North Alabama. Not sure who else is close, but I'm sure there are several.

I'm an Alabama girl as well. I'm in south Alabama however; north of Panama City.

I know lately I've seen several people indicate they were in south Alabama. I've been wondering if some of them are on my side. It also puts me only about 3 - 4 hours from those in Atlanta and we are in Atl often. It would be fun to have an Atlanta get-together of some sort.

I'm one!

I don't know anyone IRL except a friend of mine who doesn't get on very much. I'm in the Boro. Hello MidTn boardies!

I wish I did know some of you IRL so we could get together. The last few h'sers that I've met didn't even know what classical education or WTM are. :svengo::tongue_smilie:

Middle TN here too!!! We're south of Nashville!

I'm an Alabama girl as well. I'm in south Alabama however; north of Panama City.

I know lately I've seen several people indicate they were in south Alabama. I've been wondering if some of them are on my side. It also puts me only about 3 - 4 hours from those in Atlanta and we are in Atl often. It would be fun to have an Atlanta get-together of some sort.

You guys can't get together until Jan. when I get there! I'll be moving about half an hour from Dothan soon if you're in that area.

I don't know of anyone near me. I am in Oregon and can't even find a co-op in my area :glare: I am sure there has to be one! Somewhere...

I am in Beaverton. The only support group I could find online was closed and I didn't find any co-ops but I my be looking in the wrong place lol

You know, several of us meet together on the third Monday of the month in Chesapeake -- Greenbrier area. There are others that come, but I don't know their screen names. They aren't boardie junkies like I am. LOL

Let me know if you would like details.

I guess I do as well!

I drove by a house one day that reminded me of your pictures. I had a dream that night that I showed up on your doorstep all "Hey' date=' I homeschool!":001_huh: We were both pretty creeped out by it. :D[/quote']

This would put me right in the same area as all of the above.

I guess that would put me close to you guys :001_smile:.

You know, several of us meet together on the third Monday of the month in Chesapeake -- Greenbrier area. There are others that come, but I don't know their screen names. They aren't boardie junkies like I am. LOL

Let me know if you would like details.

PM me please with the details. I'm not far from Greenbrier, maybe I can make it.

I am a hop, skip, and a jump from Ridgewood. I am in Fair Lawn.

Chris, I've driven past Pohick Church a LOT, but now that dd17 no longer takes piano lessons in Springfield we haven't been near you in a very long while.

I'm in Springfield. Not sure who else around here is... It'd be fun to meet up with some people. :)

I could attend an Atlanta get-together by coordnating it with a trip to my dd's.

Edited by KidsHappen

I don't have any idea who I live near. I live just outside of Fort Worth TX. If you live near me, I would love to know.

Oh, I get lost every time I try to go to Azle, so other than the time warp I get trapped in on 820, we're pretty close. Ish.

Except we're moving. :001_huh: I don't know if it's further or closer, though. Depends on the mood of 820 that day.

So I'm feeling almost friendly these days, & I think we should try a DFW get-together. I don't mind emailing everybody or whatever, as long as y'all understand that I'm going to get panicked butterflies in my stomach the week before & then try desperately to get out of it at the last min, when dh shoves me out the door.

Starbucks pumpkin lattes?

I'm in Central TX, so lots, but I might not remember all the screen names exactly.... Julie in Austin. AngieW in TX. Ellie. Hill Co Classical Academy. Gooblink. TejasMamacita. vonfirmath. I think also TXMary2.

I know IRL: Adrianne in TX, amctm (I can't remember all the a's and c's and m's in that one - but it's Ann), sullymom and balle26 (I think that's it:confused:).

I'm sure I'll think of lots more. And I know there are so many from DFW, and Houston, etc. TX is a big place!

I'm also in Central TX- in Temple. We've only been here a year and a half and I am just getting to know some of the other homeschooling families, but I've often wondered if any I've met are WTM boardies too. :D

Have any of you in or around Austin attempted a meet up? I remember seeing that at least one member was part of the LWOL group, but I've not been active in that group for the past couple of years, so can't remember who it was.

If anyone wants to meet IRL, I'm game. :)

I'm on a Yahoo list for Austin area WTM folks: AustinWellTrainedMind. Anyone else on there? I joined hoping there would be some northern suburbs meetups (we'd drive down for that!), but it's not a very active group and the only park days I've seen were in central Austin.

Oh, I get lost every time I try to go to Azle, so other than the time warp I get trapped in on 820, we're pretty close. Ish.

Except we're moving. :001_huh: I don't know if it's further or closer, though. Depends on the mood of 820 that day.

So I'm feeling almost friendly these days, & I think we should try a DFW get-together. I don't mind emailing everybody or whatever, as long as y'all understand that I'm going to get panicked butterflies in my stomach the week before & then try desperately to get out of it at the last min, when dh shoves me out the door.

Lacie, are you sure we haven't met? No, probably not. Azle is nearby, but I'm a little old lady with lots of older kids. My youngest is 9.:tongue_smilie:

Starbucks would be awesome :)

I'm in central VA, so it's a bit of a drive between me and the NoVa ladies.

How "central" are you? I am near Blueridge and Janie, met them both here on the boards before meeting IRL at my library. And I'm near Cat in Black who hasn't posted in ages since her ds graduated. Kathy and I found out last week that we're very close, but I can't remember her exact screen name.

Kristine near Roanoke (VA, not the Lost Colony, lol)

I've met Stacey in MA and OsmosisMom IRL; I know jujsky is less than 1/2 hour from me, but we've never met.

I think LibraryLover is somewhere in the wider vicinity, but have no idea how close.

I also have a strong suspicion that I have at least a couple of IRL friends who lurk here, at least occasionally... :seeya:

Edited by matroyshka

I am irl friends with a poster who mostly post on the curriculum board, but I am sure she would not like to be outed. I think I am close to elizabeth but have never met her. I do think other irl friends lurk here, but they have not outed themselves to me. Mostly, I live by corn fields and skunks.