Menu

My SIL ended her life last night; prayers needed

My SIL ended her own life last night. It is a long, sad story that I'm not up to sharing right now...still kind of in shock and wanting to respect her privacy. However, I do want to take a moment here to remember her and to ask for prayer for my BIL, my in-laws and especially for her family. They recently lost my SIL's father and this is obviously another terrific loss for them.

Though she may not have realized it, she was greatly loved by all of us and even more so by God her Father. I'm praying that she is resting in His arms tonight and finally really feels what it means to be loved and cherished for who she really is.

Rest in peace, honey. We loved you then and we love you still, even if you never realized it.

My SIL ended her own life last night. It is a long, sad story that I'm not up to sharing right now...still kind of in shock and wanting to respect her privacy. However, I do want to take a moment here to remember her and to ask for prayer for my BIL, my in-laws and especially for her family. They recently lost my SIL's father and this is obviously another terrific loss for them.

Though she may not have realized it, she was greatly loved by all of us and even more so by God her Father. I'm praying that she is resting in His arms tonight and finally really feels what it means to be loved and cherished for who she really is.

Rest in peace, honey. We loved you then and we love you still, even if you never realized it.

Oh Jennifer, :grouphug:

I'm not on the site as much anymore and we just drove home to Charlotte from the mountains today or I would have responded sooner.

I'm so very sorry! This is absolutely tragic and really no words. Will pray for all of you! This would be your husband's brother's wife? Sheryl <><

This would be your husband's brother's wife? Sheryl <><

Thanks for the prayers and, yes, she was the wife of my husband's youngest brother.

I don't know how close you are to your BIL but when my sister lost her husband she found this forum to be a great help and support and I know they have a "special circumstances" section with quite a number of spouses dealing this this specific type of loss.

http://www.ywbb.org/forums/ubbthreads.php

I'll suggest that to him, thank you.

Thanks again to all of you who have offered :grouphug:, thoughts and prayers. We're remembering her tonight and trying to gain some perspective. Besides sadness, the thing that keeps coming to mind is "what a waste." She was a bright, beautiful, talented woman who has literally helped save many lives (she was a CRNA) yet she never found peace, never found comfort in those who loved her. I pray that she is in the arms of God tonight and that He has given her the peace and security she needed.

"what a waste." She was a bright, beautiful, talented woman who has literally helped save many lives (she was a CRNA) yet she never found peace, never found comfort in those who loved her. I pray that she is in the arms of God tonight and that He has given her the peace and security she needed.

It's all so hard to understand. I can't imagine living in such torment that you think that is the only answer My heart breaks for her, and it breaks for all of you she left.:grouphug:

Huge hugs for your entire family. I know from experience that those of us left behind keep wondering what we could have done and what we could have said to change the course of history. Sadly, we just don't know how deep the hurt and despair go -- and we couldn't have known! It is no reflection on you, your BIL, or the family-- it was her time, and she chose it.

Much love and healing.

I know it is a bit corny, but this song

by Sarah McLachlan was cathartic.