Menu

Anyone want to post your wedding dress photo?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6-28.jpg

My aunt made my dress. I window shopped bridal magazines to choose all the different parts (skirt, bodice, sleeves, etc.) and she put it all together.

You have great taste! My aunt made my dress too. It looked very similar to yours. Straight skirt, train, long sleeves, v neck... same shapes exactly! My color and lace had a more antique look though. I was married in '94.

How cool (haha or sorry about the pun;)) -- an ice-skating wedding! Do tell more, please... :001_smile:

We actually weren't married on the ice. DH proposed to me at the rink and took me there after the wedding (at a church). They actually interrupted hockey practice to let us take a picture there after the wedding.

I skated for years as a kid and loved it. It was a great proposal!

We actually weren't married on the ice. DH proposed to me at the rink and took me there after the wedding (at a church). They actually interrupted hockey practice to let us take a picture there after the wedding.

Great photo. How fun! Love it. :001_smile:

• 8 months later...

I don't have a scanner to show you but I wore my aunt's dress that she wore in 1954. My mom altered it and replaced the lace on the bodice, plus recovered a LOT of buttons going down the back in satin. My only regret was using lace off the shelf instead of ordering something nicer.

My aunt had all boys and was delighted. She paid $75 for it, the same amount my veil cost me in 1989. I had a really hard time finding a veil because most dresses were white at the time, and the veils were white with lots of stuff dangling around the face, Finally I found an ivory veil with a simple tiara style.

I ordered it from an online website, and it was perfect for our wedding in a little chapel in the Scottish highlands. The wedding was just me and my husband, with the photographer and videographer for witnesses, but my hubby wanted me to have a "real wedding dress".

post-17065-1353508387244_thumb.jpg

post-17065-1353508387244_thumb.jpg

What a fun thread! My husband and I just celebrated 10 years this summer.

Here's two pictures from our wedding. I loved my dress and I loved my shoes! Of course, my mother nearly died when she discovered I would be wearing tennis shoes and socks for the ceremony.

Here's mine; it still fits, but since I got married in Sept. and then had a baby Dec. 1, that shouldn't be surprising.

I sewed it myself. Simple cream satin with beading at the neck, waist and sleeves. It was simple enough that I'm hoping that one of my girls might be interested in wearing it.

The chapel we got married in was so old that there was no bathroom there. :confused: People had to go across the street to the courthouse to potty. Since I was in my dress when the urge struck, I had to wait till later.

:tongue_smilie:

it was 1997

We'll see how this goes. I'm still not home to try to share my wedding portrait but since I'm visiting at my mom's I'm able to scan these pics of my girls (ages 4 and 7 at the time, now 11 and 15) playing dressup with my veil, gown, and shoes. I cannot tell you how much fun this was (for me *and* the girls)! :D I think it might be really neat to use some of the pics taken during this portrait session for display at some of their wedding festivities (showers, reception, or the like). I don't know - we'll see how they'd feel about that but, for now, I sure enjoy looking at these. It is this moment in time captured on film that makes the value of my dress for me increase exponentially. Now, no matter what happens to the dress, the memories captured on film (our wedding and this dress up session when my girls were so young) are invaluable to me!

Here's two of my favorites from the session (click on the thumbnails once to enlarge and then again to enlarge even further):

awwww....i wish I'd done this but now my girls are all too big!!!!

Maybe I'll have some grandbabies....

I ordered it from an online website, and it was perfect for our wedding in a little chapel in the Scottish highlands. The wedding was just me and my husband, with the photographer and videographer for witnesses, but my hubby wanted me to have a "real wedding dress".

You're gorgeous!

MY dh proposed at a rink, too!

It was where we had our first date!

What a fun thread! My husband and I just celebrated 10 years this summer.

Here's two pictures from our wedding. I loved my dress and I loved my shoes! Of course, my mother nearly died when she discovered I would be wearing tennis shoes and socks for the ceremony.

:lol: That's not so bad. I wore combat boots to my reception.

We eloped to Acapulco, Mexico and got married there by the local judge. The bell boy, the photographer and the cross dressing hotel "wedding coordinator" were our only witnesses. We got married outside our room overlooking Acapulco Bay.

I went shoppig for my wedding dress at lunch from work. I had an idea in my head of what I wanted, walked into the store, found it right away and bought it - all within about 30 minutes. It was very simple in the front - an a tiny bit more ornate in the back (you might be able to get a little glimpse from the pic.

imagew2.aspx?c=2330222&i=245356949&z=0

I am so happy we eloped. I recommend it to everyone!!

I wish we had. I'm just that kind of a gal, but didn't want to hurt feelings/didn't really see it as an option. We'll be married 9 years at the end of the year. The dress cost $250. I do LOVE it. It was the first one I tried on!

wedding021.jpg

I love the oldfashioned look of this dress! It was altered a bit, but didn't really have the money for a really great job. Didn't bother me at all though!

wedding027.jpg

The back was my favorite part of it.

wedding038.jpg

A picture of the hubs.

Edited by mommyjen

My dh and I were married at the Chapel of the Snows on Stratton Mountain, Vermont at glorious sunset on a gorgeous Autumn evening. It was just the minister, his wife, and the two of us. The chapel was candlelit, quiet and romantic. We're mushballs so we both cried almost the entire time.

The dress was a Nicole Miller simple, knee-length, ivory satin dress I found in Manchester Village THAT afternoon shopping. Simple, simple, simple for our sweet, simple vow exhange. (Ironically I actually planned on wearing a colored Nicole Miller gown until I stumbled on this dress that afternoon.)

This is a scan of one of the few pics we have (our 10 year is the end of the month:)).

post-1692-13535083879093_thumb.jpg

post-1692-13535083879093_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
I married in a kuttar salvar in orange florals

with the usual scarf with gold trim. That was with the ex.

I wore a bright red sherara with gold trim... and a dupatta/scarf that must have weighed 20 pounds. My inlaws wanted me to take it home with me, but aside from luggage allowance issues, when would I ever wear something like that again? I think I didn't have much attachment to it, perhaps because I didn't pick it out (it was a bridal gift).

August 2001 - the only picture I have scanned in. It was bustled here, at the reception, hence the bulkiness. :)

I thought for a few years after I had gotten married that maybe I would have picked something different - then, in 2006, I went dress shopping with my now SIL and came upon this one again and was like, Oh, this dress is beautiful! Wait...this is my dress. :D :lol:

Yay for Mrs Mungo! I wasn't around when this thread was originally started. I have looked at the entire thing and adore seeing all the wedding dresses! I love seeing the evolution of fashion.

I don't have a photo of James Bond and I on this computer, but I have one of me sitting in my dress. Notice the puffy sleeves! This was 1995. I was 21 (a week from 22). The dress is silk brocade with a cathedral length train. The front had pearl and crystal buttons on it (my favorite part of the dress), a pearl band across the top of the bodice, waist (it sloped down to a V) and where the sleeves went from puffy to slim (also in a V). There was not one stitch of lace or beading on the dress. This was HARD to find in 1995. My BFF got married in 1994 and when we were looking for her dress, I saw a photo of this one in a magazine and fell in love with it. I ripped it out and saved it. When JB proposed 3 months after BFF's wedding, my mom, BFF and I went shopping and I took the photo with me. I showed it to the woman at the shop and she said "We have that dress." I knew this was my dress. I have it preserved and I still love it today (puffy sleeves and all). It was a size 4 and had to be altered down because I lost weight before the wedding. Ah, to be so skinny again!

Wedding1.jpg

Edited by Mom in High Heels

I didn't have a wedding dress.

We were married in a park in the Mtns.

I had shirts made for the wedding party

Front-----------------------Back

Bride-----------------------Picture of a ball

Groom----------------------Picture of a chain

Bridesman------------------?

Groomsman-----------------?

MOB

MOG

Judge

Here is a picture of us saying our vows Click on them and they get bigger

and a picture of our guests painting our dishes (which we still use sometimes)

Lara

We got married in 2010. I love my dress - it was discounted at David's Bridal because of some stains on the lining. I didn't even need to get it altered!

First picture is me. I LOVED my bouquet - roses and baby's breath. Second picture is just the dress and third picture shows the beading on the bodice. There was also beading down edge of the top part of the skirt. The cap sleeves were heavily beaded and came with the dress.

post-2872-13535085916399_thumb.jpg

post-2872-13535085916807_thumb.jpg

post-2872-13535085917448_thumb.jpg

post-2872-13535085916399_thumb.jpg

post-2872-13535085916807_thumb.jpg

post-2872-13535085917448_thumb.jpg

Beautiful and fun thread! I kept thinking there had to be the possibility that some had the same dress! :)

Here's mine, long sleeved in August! Blessed by a hurricane, it brought beautiful weather and the high was 72 in Memphis!! :)

weddingpic.jpg

A bee got stuck in that long train and we got some really funny pictures trying to rescue it! :)

These are the only two pictures I have scanned in. Neither really shows my favorite features of the dress. This was my mom's wedding dress, which she bought and wore in the early 70s. It is entirely lace, which and empire waist. The dress is line of course, but the sleeves were sheer lace with ruffled cuffs at the wrist, which I loved. It was also tea length in the front and floor length in the back. Originally, it had another long tier and was floor length in the front and had a small train in the back. But that made it entirely too 70's style, so we altered it and removed the lower tier.

These are from my scrapbooked wedding pictures.

TrueLove.jpg

Sweetheart.jpg

I don't have any decent photos.

I had my dress made for me (by a coworker) by altering a pattern I chose that was close. I had a swoop of fabric that went across my back and 80 buttons running down my back, ending at a large bow almost at the end. My dress bustled at the back of my knees rather than my bottom (I didn't want my rear looking huge) by looping hidden loops in four of the vertical hems on a reinforced button. The hem with the bow then attached to the button last.

I loved my dress...hated my hair which I did myself for lack of funds. I didn't wear a veil.

post-3676-13535085919418_thumb.jpg