Menu

Anyone want to post your wedding dress photo?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't post a photo, but it wouldn't help anyway. My dh and I wore white t-shirts with pink & silver hearts embroidered on the upper left side with Bride on mine and Groom on his. I wore white jeans and my dh wore blue jeans.

We got married here:

http://www.chapeloflove.com/

It was the two of us and two friends of ours who were there as witnesses.

Anyway, not what you are looking for, but I like sharing. :001_smile:

Very cool "Chapel of Love" mom! Can't wait to see the other replies. Do you not have any pictures?

Yes, I do have pictures (I have to find them), so I should not have said "can't post". I should have said that if I get the ambition to dig the pictures out and scan them, then I could post one. :)

I may have to go find them, though they really are not good pictures of me.

It was fun to get married there. We didn't tell anyone until after we were married (family included). They all took it fairly well, though one of my aunts tried convincing my mom that she should be mad at me for doing that. :D

6-28.jpg

My aunt made my dress. I window shopped bridal magazines to choose all the different parts (skirt, bodice, sleeves, etc.) and she put it all together.

That's my dad and my son walking me down the aisle. And the goofy grin on my face? I'd just spotted the man with whom I will spend the rest of my life. :)

This was my 2nd wedding dress. When I got the proofs back from my wedding portraits, I hated the first. So I found a seamstress who said she could remake it for me and she told me to meet her at a local bridal shop where she was schedule to do some measurements for alterations. While there I found a used dress that I totally loved. So I sold my ugly dress on consignment through that store, and bought the one I loved. It was a good decision. The first one had so much fabric you could hardly find me!

Weddingpicture.jpg

2341655759_616abf3cc2.jpg

This is the only one I have uploaded. I bought this dress at TJ Maxx for under $50.00. We got married 2 weeks after a positive pregnancy test. :) I was 19, he was 20 (barely). Were still together and happier than ever. This July will be 12 years.

We did get married in the Catholic Church 2 years later but it was a very small, simple ceremony.

with the usual scarf with gold trim. That was with the ex.

This time I married in a kuttar salvar of yellow, but it was what I worked in, and was draped with a stethescope over lunch hour in the sunny window outside the cath lab....on Halloween. Kiddo was a baby dressed as a pumpkin. We married once the marriage penalty tax was dropped.

Alas, I have given up the kuttar salvars....

Here is the pix we had enlarged and framed. I am not sure if you will be able to access it or not:

http://www.scrapbookpictures.com/AlbumView.jsp

And here are three more. One is a full-length view, the other a close-up of my husband and I, and the other a close-up of my son (whom I inherited by marriage -- he's now almost 18) and I. Photobucket will not allow me to edit the size right now. The dress was $400, my husband and I made the bridal and bridesmaid's bouquets. It was a lot of fun.

wedding_0002.jpg

wedding_0001-Copy.jpg

wedding_0001.jpg

Today - (well yesterday) is my 18th wedding anniversary. Here's a link to a picture of our wedding. I loved my dress - It was ivory damask over a layer of pale pink silk. I was baptized in pink as an infant, had pink ribbons on my first communion dress and was married in pink (yes, I know, smack dab in the middle of Lent, but we were rebels then - it's all ok now)

Not a great picture of the dress, but I'll have the new printer scanner up tomorrow if you want a better one. I guess it's old enough now to be considered "retro," huh? ;)

http://www.thefoilhat.com/insidethefoilhatblog.htm?blogentryid=1328898

Dawn,

Do I see rubies in your wedding ring? If so, I too have rubies in mine. :)

Seeing all these pictures makes me want to get my pictures out and share. No scanner though... Hum wonder if taking a picture would work. :D

What a neat thread. :) You all look wonderful!

~Tina

I am so...not a wedding dress kinda gal. This is bad of me, I know, but most wedding dresses make me laugh; I have to be very careful when I go to weddings.;) Although I must say I've seen some really classy ones of late ~ one of which was actually worn by the bride's mother when she was married in the early 60s. Very simple, very Jackie Kennedy. Loved it.

As for me, I was married in a civil ceremony at high noon in the midst of a ski day in the Swiss Alps. A few days later, we had a party at a castle in Luzern, where I wore a floor-length, black Donna Karan dress ~ gorgeous, simple but elegant. Then we had a party the next month at a hotel in Seattle where I also wore that dress. It's the kind of thing that never goes out of style and it fits me better now than it did then (I was five months pregnant when we were married).:)

What a great thread. I like some of you even more now - silly I know - because you were pregnant in your weddings.

One of the first things some people ask when they find out I am pregnant is if I will marry him.

This time around I am fine being "an unwed mother."

I'm not one to be all sentimental about "things", but I really have a strange attachment to my wedding dress.

It was all satin, no lace, no frills. It fell off the shoulders (which was very popular at the time). It had very subtle beading of catalillies over the bust down across the bodice. It was full and made my waist look so tiny (bonus).

I've since had it preserved hoping that someday one of my girls will wear it. If not, perhaps it could be sewn into a baby dedication dress.

I'm not sure how to post a pic, so here is a photobucket link. I put up three pics, two of me and one of my sweetie:001_smile:. My dress was very 80's! I wish I had a better view of the back. The back was open almost down to the waist with three rows of pearls draping across the open part and a large satin flower at the waist back that the dress bustled up under. I thought I was going to go "simple", but then I fell in love with this one.

We celebrated our 20th anniversary last August :D

Wedding Dress Pics

Lovely! Carrying a bouquet of daisies I see.;)

Isn't it fun to see how young everyone looks! Egads, mine was twenty years ago!!! Scary to think about how long it's been. I still have my dress. It doesn't fit anymore though:001_huh:. Actually, it doesn't even fit my 19 year old dd. I was very skinny back then.

Guest Virginia Dawn

It is a Jessica by Gunne Sax dress, bought off a bridal store clearance rack, 1982. :001_smile:

post-213-13535082533856_thumb.jpg

I don't know how to post anything but thumbnails, so you'll have to click on the picture for a larger version.

post-213-13535082533856_thumb.jpg

My dress was beautiful, and just my style.

Unfortunately I hate it to this day.

I was dirt poor, and had always planned to make my own dress. A friend insisted that SHE make the dress--it was awkward, and I felt very trapped. I honestly tried to feel grateful for what she wanted to do for me, and for the work I therefore would not have to do.

Unfortunately those grateful feelings were very, very difficult to maintain as my friend was exceedingly insecure about making a wedding dress. It never occurred to me that she would struggle in this way as she was a very, very experienced seamstress. There were a LOT of weird conversations and difficulties, and everything came to a head over two issues: (1) She would NOT alter the dress to fit me. It was too large. Even my dh noticed on our wedding day. (2) She made a really, really major mistake. We could fix the mistake, but she couldn't talk about it. Any and all attempts to just talk about the mechanics of fixing it resulted in her blowing up. A different friend of mine ended up fixing it for me, dear woman.

The other problem was that I asked a different friend to put the lace on. She was artistic, and I knew she would make it look exactly right. She did do a gorgeous job, but she procrastinated. It was weeks before my wedding and she still hadn't started. We had a terrible, knock-down, drag-out fight. She wouldn't surrender the dress back to me to get someone else to do it, and she wouldn't start the work either. She doesn't know that I know, but she ended up corralling other friends to help her in a marathon sewing session. The dress was finished in the wee hours of the morning just before my wedding.

NIGHTMARE.

I have vowed never, ever to put anyone through what my two friends did. I have since sewn wedding dresses for my college roommate and for my sister, and in both cases I made DARNED SURE the dress was completed well ahead of time, and that it was altered until the bride was TOTALLY happy with the fit. Both my sister and my roommie were very grateful, and they both looked beautiful.

This is the world's dumbest pose (who in hades meditates on their engagement ring? please!), but it shows the dress detail pretty well:

And here's the whole thing:

It was Stephen's mother's dress. I just loved it--it was prettier than anything I could have bought.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I really loved the clinicals on oncology. But now I'm doing OB and I'm loving that too. I'm still crying everyday lol but these tears are different. There's a lot more "happy" to balance out the sad. KWIM? I think hospice is incredibly special and spiritual it's something I'm definitely considering.

I absolutely love every minute of clinicals. Everyday is so different and exciting. I don't graduate until May of 09 so I still have a long way to go. I just keep telling my self just two and a half more semesters....

I must say you all look fab in your dresses. I cannot post any of mine, I didn't have one. I knew dh 2 weeks before we got married, ours was a very quick trip to marriage. We met at tech. school in the Air Force, got seperated for a few months ended up at the same duty station, I got discharged for medical reasons, nothing bad; fear of blood and needles and was made a medic. Anyway, we saw each other at a bar ended up spending the next 2 weeks I guess getting to know each other. He came home from work and said let's get married, so we went to the court house and got married. That was 16 years and 4 children ago, so no dress but I love looking at yours.

I'm not sure if I'm doing this picture thing right, but here's an attempt. This is the only wedding photo I have scanned at the moment. It's poorly cut out and there must have been dust on the photo and scanner.

My aunt made the dress. It cost $100 in material. It's a very simple dress with no train or veil. I didn't have contacts at the time and did not wear my glasses for the ceremony. Everything looked very fuzzy because I'm so nearsighted. I was scared to death that my heels were going to sink into the grass and I'd go flying.

Photo002.jpg

How do you like dh's mullet and mustache?:ohmy:

Okay, that's not working. Go here to see the picture.

This is the world's dumbest pose (who in hades meditates on their engagement ring? please!), but it shows the dress detail pretty well:

2342487269_ba652d2795.jpg

And here's the whole thing:

2343316528_a5954986d5.jpg

It was Stephen's mother's dress. I just loved it--it was prettier than anything I could have bought.

Nope. Absolutely gorgeous!

My dress was beautiful, and just my style.

Unfortunately I hate it to this day.

I was dirt poor, and had always planned to make my own dress. A friend insisted that SHE make the dress--it was awkward, and I felt very trapped. I honestly tried to feel grateful for what she wanted to do for me, and for the work I therefore would not have to do.

Unfortunately those grateful feelings were very, very difficult to maintain as my friend was exceedingly insecure about making a wedding dress. It never occurred to me that she would struggle in this way as she was a very, very experienced seamstress. There were a LOT of weird conversations and difficulties, and everything came to a head over two issues: (1) She would NOT alter the dress to fit me. It was too large. Even my dh noticed on our wedding day. (2) She made a really, really major mistake. We could fix the mistake, but she couldn't talk about it. Any and all attempts to just talk about the mechanics of fixing it resulted in her blowing up. A different friend of mine ended up fixing it for me, dear woman.

The other problem was that I asked a different friend to put the lace on. She was artistic, and I knew she would make it look exactly right. She did do a gorgeous job, but she procrastinated. It was weeks before my wedding and she still hadn't started. We had a terrible, knock-down, drag-out fight. She wouldn't surrender the dress back to me to get someone else to do it, and she wouldn't start the work either. She doesn't know that I know, but she ended up corralling other friends to help her in a marathon sewing session. The dress was finished in the wee hours of the morning just before my wedding.

NIGHTMARE.

I have vowed never, ever to put anyone through what my two friends did. I have since sewn wedding dresses for my college roommate and for my sister, and in both cases I made DARNED SURE the dress was completed well ahead of time, and that it was altered until the bride was TOTALLY happy with the fit. Both my sister and my roommie were very grateful, and they both looked beautiful.

My mom was still sewing on mine as the music began for me to walk down the aisle.:D

That's my dad and my son walking me down the aisle.

Crissy, wasn't it your dad who helped with your kitchen remodel? I had to grin looking at your picture because, if you'll remember, my dad is assisting us in all of our remodel. Your picture just reminded me all the more just how special he is to me. When we got married (18 years ago), I had to make a tough decision between inviting my natural father to walk me down the aisle, or my "step dad", aka "Daddy". "Daddy" is the one who worked two jobs for as long as I can remember to provide for his family including 3 daughters, two of which were not his biological daughters. He was the one who was there for all the fender benders, broken hearts, etc, etc and, yep, you guessed it, he's the one I *had* to invite to walk me down the aisle! As you already know, he's also the one who's *still* there today - as we speak, he is painting and staining shoe moulding for the old house as we prep it for the market!:001_wub:

Thanks for the memory!

We eloped to Acapulco, Mexico and got married there by the local judge. The bell boy, the photographer and the cross dressing hotel "wedding coordinator" were our only witnesses. We got married outside our room overlooking Acapulco Bay.

I went shoppig for my wedding dress at lunch from work. I had an idea in my head of what I wanted, walked into the store, found it right away and bought it - all within about 30 minutes. It was very simple in the front - an a tiny bit more ornate in the back (you might be able to get a little glimpse from the pic.

imagew2.aspx?c=2330222&i=245356949&z=0

I am so happy we eloped. I recommend it to everyone!!