Menu

Anyone want to post your wedding dress photo?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dress goes along with the same style of the late 80's, early 90's! My wedding was in March of 1988.

The first pic is of my dad and I at the door before we walked down the aisle. The second is of my soon-to-be dh and I lighting the Unity Candle. See my waist? Yes, I had one then! :001_smile: At that time it was about 23 inches! Now it's NOT 23, not even close! :glare:

post-3326-13535082623493_thumb.jpg

post-3326-13535082623618_thumb.jpg

We got married in shorts at City Hall in Philly on moving day! We had to have a civil wedding in order to get married in a church in Caracas. We had so much stuff to do between dh's MBA graduation and getting our stuff into storage before we had to catch a plane that we just didn't have the gumption to get dressed up. We didn't take any pictures of this fiasco, although we did get ten copies of the marriage certificate with raised seal. The tricky thing is remembering the date of our "anniversary" when you fill out forms because it's a couple weeks before the one we actually celebrate.

scan001002.jpg

This is a really lovely spot, a chateau overlooking the city and lake. Late January, with the Alps in the distance. Looking for a dress that worked with my five-months-pregnant body, I fell in love with this Donna Karan dress at a shop in Vancouver. I still like it very much. The guy is nice, too.;)

scan001002.jpg

This is a really lovely spot, a chateau overlooking the city and lake. Late January, with the Alps in the distance. Looking for a dress that worked with my five-months-pregnant body, I fell in love with this Donna Karan dress at a shop in Vancouver. I still like it very much. The guy is nice, too.;)

So beautiful, Colleen!

My dress goes along with the same style of the late 80's, early 90's! My wedding was in March of 1988.

I had a hat like yours, in 1992! I was so nervous that I forgot to "fluff" the netting before pictures. I'll see if I can post my pics soon. I completely missed this thread the first time around. Very fun!:001_smile:

I had a hat like yours, in 1992! I was so nervous that I forgot to "fluff" the netting before pictures. I'll see if I can post my pics soon. I completely missed this thread the first time around. Very fun!:001_smile:

I also had a hat, in 1998! I need to unpack my pictures...

So it's taken me 3 days to figure out how to scan my pics and get them on here. OK...I actually made dh do it for me, but we've had some trouble. Here they are.

When I look at these, all I can think is, "My, how I've aged!" But after almost 20 years, a girl has a right to age, don't you think?

Edit: These are so small--how did ya'll get yours to show up bigger? But if you click on them, you can see a bigger size. Sigh. I wish I knew how to do photos. Oh...and how could I forget--my mom made my dress. I found a picture in a magazine and she copied it. She's amazing that way.

post-3560-13535082624349_thumb.jpg

post-3560-13535082624507_thumb.jpg

post-3560-13535082624349_thumb.jpg

post-3560-13535082624507_thumb.jpg

So it's taken me 3 days to figure out how to scan my pics and get them on here. OK...I actually made dh do it for me, but we've had some trouble. Here they are.

When I look at these, all I can think is, "My, how I've aged!" But after almost 20 years, a girl has a right to age, don't you think?

Edit: These are so small--how did ya'll get yours to show up bigger? But if you click on them, you can see a bigger size. Sigh. I wish I knew how to do photos.

Beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a waist like I did! Well, maybe you still have yours. 20 years later, I don't have that waist anymore! :glare: :001_smile:

Beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a waist like I did! Well, maybe you still have yours. 20 years later, I don't have that waist anymore! :glare: :001_smile:

I HAD a tiny waist. I guess it's still relatively more narrow than the other parts, but, you know, it all spreads out somehow! Thank you, though!

• 1 month later...

Someday I'll dig up my wedding photos and scan and post but to much to do today. I found my dress all lace with an open back on the clearance rack at JCPenny it was a try on sample and I only paid $75 for it it was to big but the seamstress at JCPenny's took the whole thing apart andmade it fit perfectly for me and did not charge me a cent. I was really suprised. It was about 2 sizes to big she spent about 20min pinning and she made it fit me perfectly.

Will you all forgive me for bringing this up again? I found it and enjoyed looking through it, and just uploaded my pics for something else, so I wanted to join in, too! Maybe there's some more newbies who'd like to add, as well.

April 21, 2001:

scan0004%28rev%201%29.jpg

scan0003%28rev%201%29-1.jpg

Great pictures. We have the same anniversary! 11 years apart, but the same date. :D

I'm so glad this thread is still going on! Amy/Crunchy what were you, about 12, when you got married? You look so young (and very beautiful). Heather, I'm lol at your picture. Krazzymommy, your gown is gorgeous! Where did you have your reception? All that water in the background is so pretty.

LOL, The text I wrote first said, "Wait, was I twelve when I got married?"

Thank you! :blush:

• 1 year later...

I can't believe it will be 10 years in May already!!

I am very fashion UN conscious, but I loved my dress. It was very simple with a little beading. I paid around $600 for the dress, crinoline and veil together.

Since my favorite flowers are white tulips and lilac, that's what I chose for my bouquet. Simple and pretty.

post-8520-13535083221997_thumb.jpg

post-8520-13535083222234_thumb.jpg

post-8520-13535083221997_thumb.jpg

post-8520-13535083222234_thumb.jpg

Wow. I read through 18 pages to get to the end before I posted my pic. I also wanted to see who resurrected the thread (it started in March 2008). It was a spam post that resurrected it! :lol:

July 2001. I think my dress was $300. I made my veil--in hindsight it was pretty big, but I did make it so the long section detached so I could wear a short veil (down to my waist) at the reception. My bouquet was soooo heavy! I chose all the flowers for it, but I had no idea it would turn out so big. The florist recommended 6 of each type of flower I wanted, and that sounded good to me. There were roses, tulips, alstromeria & daisies. This dress was exactly what I wanted, except I would have preferred cap sleeves.

post-4611-13535083222892_thumb.jpg

post-4611-13535083223007_thumb.jpg

post-4611-13535083223122_thumb.jpg

post-4611-13535083222892_thumb.jpg

post-4611-13535083223007_thumb.jpg

post-4611-13535083223122_thumb.jpg

My DH doesn't want me posting identifiable photos on the 'net so you'll have to forgive the weird cropping ;)

I was very pleased to find a dress I loved for $450 (this was 1998). The only snag I ran into is I allowed the lady at the shop to "eyeball" the size rather than measuring me. It was 1 size larger than what I normally wore, so I thought it would be fine. I was in a bit of a panic when the order came in and I couldn't zip up the back. I didn't have enough time to re-order the correct size so I had to ramp up the exercise and starve myself to lose 10 lbs quickly.

That's funny that a spam message brought this beaut back to life... speaking of beaut... here I am at the young impressionable age of 21...

n803595429_2371428_6971.jpg

Yes, that is me. And the dress is my mom's wedding gown. I married Frank. But okay, that was a costume contest, and yes I won first place. LOL... here's my real wedding gown, but this pic is a bad pic and I can't scan the better pics... so it will have to do.

n803595429_2371426_6368.jpg

Mine was all lacey in the front, but with beautiful, billowing folds in the back. What do you call that, when it's down in a train and then it poufs up and attaches... anyhow, whatever that was, it was so cool on this dress. Just a bit better than the dress I borrowed from my mom :lol:

The first one freaked me out, LOL, but seriously, you are beautiful!

That's funny that a spam message brought this beaut back to life... speaking of beaut... here I am at the young impressionable age of 21...

n803595429_2371428_6971.jpg

Yes, that is me. And the dress is my mom's wedding gown. I married Frank. But okay, that was a costume contest, and yes I won first place. LOL... here's my real wedding gown, but this pic is a bad pic and I can't scan the better pics... so it will have to do.

n803595429_2371426_6368.jpg

Mine was all lacey in the front, but with beautiful, billowing folds in the back. What do you call that, when it's down in a train and then it poufs up and attaches... anyhow, whatever that was, it was so cool on this dress. Just a bit better than the dress I borrowed from my mom :lol:

My DH doesn't want me posting identifiable photos on the 'net so you'll have to forgive the weird cropping ;)

I was very pleased to find a dress I loved for $450 (this was 1998). The only snag I ran into is I allowed the lady at the shop to "eyeball" the size rather than measuring me. It was 1 size larger than what I normally wore, so I thought it would be fine. I was in a bit of a panic when the order came in and I couldn't zip up the back. I didn't have enough time to re-order the correct size so I had to ramp up the exercise and starve myself to lose 10 lbs quickly.

Gorgeous dress.

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs022.snc1/4253_1142412954077_1040061194_413433_2922800_n.jpg

I kept the dress, and dd has full permission to use any or all of it -- in any way. So, if she wants to remove the linebacker sleeves or just use the silk or the lace, that's fine. ;-)

Lisa

I think those used to be called Leg o' Mutton sleeves. Really.

I wasn't here when this thread started, so I'm so glad that someone brought it out of hiding - even if it was a spammer. :lol:

You all are gorgeous and the dresses are awesome!

I never got to wear my dress - LOOOONG story. I ended up getting married about 6 years after originally planned, wearing a skirt and blouse, by a judge.

I hate that, too, because my dress cost me about $600. It's still in the garment bag, hanging up in my room. I don't know what to do with it. It was never worn or altered. I bought it in 1999, so I'm sure it's way out-of-style and no one would want it now. Well, maybe in 20 or 30 years when everything comes back in style. :tongue_smilie:

Here is a scan of an ad that I found in a store catalog 10 years ago...

post-10076-13535083225959_thumb.jpg