Menu

Would you stay here?

DawnM

No, I'd feel trapped.

I don't even understand how people live on non-walkable, rural roads, nevermind literally not being able to walk around outside. It's not the height that would bother me but the being forced to stay inside with nowhere to go. I'd be claustrophobic.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, QueenCat said:

No. It looks like you have to do volunteer work while you're there. I volunteer A LOT, but not on vacation.

No, you have two choices, just stay there for $1500 for Fri-Sun or pay $850 for the weekend and volunteer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Katy said:

No, for the airfare I'd probably prefer visiting family in Florida or Exumas in the Bahamas.

Would you stay if you lived close enough to not have to use airfare?

5 hours ago, DawnM said:

I am fascinated by unique experiences.   I don't particularly like snorkeling due to some dangerous creatures down there, but I might still like to do this.

https://fptower.org/

Now to find someone to do it with as my kids and DH said they weren't interested.......pfffffttttt.......

I'd be interested if I didn't have a terrible phobia about heights...

• Like 1

In theory, absolutely I'd do this! It looks amazing and would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, for sure!

In reality, I need to use my limited vacation days and money for things higher up my priority list. I love swimming in the ocean, but I love doing it from a beach and be able to play in the waves. 

• Like 1

I love Armchair Traveling, & your link reminded me that I *had* armchair traveled to the Frying Pan.

Sailing La Vagabonde  (Australian live-aboard sailing family husband/wife/2 toddlers) stayed there 6 months ago.  This YT has a million views.  😉
It's actually an amazing experience (not super risky).

Edited by Beth S
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, DawnM said:

Would you stay if you lived close enough to not have to use airfare?

Maybe.  I hope to buy a catamaran and sail at least through the Caribbean when DH retires, if not around the world. I like adventures for the sake of adventures, but it definitely wouldn't be high on my list.

7 hours ago, DawnM said:

I am fascinated by unique experiences.   I don't particularly like snorkeling due to some dangerous creatures down there, but I might still like to do this.

https://fptower.org/

Now to find someone to do it with as my kids and DH said they weren't interested.......pfffffttttt.......

I saw this a couple of years ago and I have it on my DH  birthday gift list since it's off the NC coast and drivable from DH BFF's home. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Katy said:

Maybe.  I hope to buy a catamaran and sail at least through the Caribbean when DH retires, if not around the world. I like adventures for the sake of adventures, but it definitely wouldn't be high on my list.

Yeah, it mostly caught my eye because it was closer to me and not that expensive......there are many other things on my list as well, however, I wasn't thinking of the "Could you afford this and have the time to take off of work for it" it was more of a "would you even do this?"

7 hours ago, athena1277 said:

I’ll go!  My dad’s first house was a lighthouse (although one on land).

Really?   Where was it located?   That is really cool.

2 hours ago, J-rap said:

I think it would be super fun!  Especially during a storm.  But yeah, not worth the money or effort to do it.

We stayed in a lighthouse once, which was really fun.

Where was it?  

YES!! I’d go and so would my 2 besties and 4 of my kids!!!!

IF they are spending most of the time in the water. A couple of us would be concerned about food bc “fish are friends” and they don’t eat them. Sigh. No matter where in the world I take one of my besties, I need a subway or chicken nuggets and salad or they starve. She literally packs a suitcase of food for trips. LOL

I think 3 days/2 nights would be great on the rig. After that we’d get squirrely.

Due to budgeting - I’d go somewhere else.  But it wouldn’t be because I don’t think we’d enjoy the rig.