Menu

Wordle

happi duck

Wordle has gotten too easy, so I just started playing Quordle. This was my first attempt and I solved it, but barely.

quordle.com
🟩🟩🟨 🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩 🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩 🟨
🟩🟩🟩 🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

🟨🟨 🟨🟨
🟨 🟨
🟨🟨🟨 🟨
🟨
🟨
🟩
🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Wordle 239 5/6

🟨🟨
🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I found that strangely difficult.

Same for me. In seeing different people share results today, it seems that people who got the last two letters correct early on had a much easier time than those that didn't.

• Like 2

This was a hard one for me, too.  

I usually do the puzzle just before I go to bed at night, but this one stumped me.

After four guesses I just put it aside until morning.

And then when I looked at it this morning, it only took about a minute until I knew what it was.

Wordle 240 5/6

🟨

🟨🟩🟨
🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, history-fan said:

Looking at everyone’s posts I find myself trying to guess all your starting words.lol

I don't think this counts as "spoiler" but I'll leave a lot of white space....

I've been using "audio" as my starting word for the last 10 days or so. I like it (even though E is the most common vowel) because (even if E is in the word) I nearly always work out what the vowels must be on the first go.

I've recently been picking a second word that avails of NOTHING I learned in the first word, and which maximizes consonants (ie, "crest" or "glyph" or "crypt" or etc).  Haven't quite decided on that yet.

PSA:  today is the first day the NYT version differs from the original.  So if you play off a page that you haven't refreshed since the move or from a saved copy, you will get a different word that players on the new site.  Only a small number of the words have been changed, apparently. 

It was a good day for my starting word with the puzzle on the NYT site: 

Wordle 241 2/6

🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

(Spoilers in article): https://mashable.com/article/wordle-241-glitch-answer

• Like 3

Wordle 241 4/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I've given up on having a standard starting word, and have also started always incorporating all "hits" into the next word. 

I didn't even realize my 3rd guess was an actual word (BONUS! that also happened earlier this week) so I'm learning new words and having more fun by being ... incredibly random. A life lesson for sure.

• Like 2

Wordle 241 4/6

🟩🟨
🟩
🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

11 hours ago, Grace Hopper said:

Wordle 240 5/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟨
🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I thought I was never gonna get this. I guessed the first word at 730am and it took me til just now to figure it out. I almost ran out of time!

Wait, wut?  There's a time limit?  What's the time limit?  I *almost always* do 2 rows, then walk away and think, then maybe 1 more row, then wander off to refresh.  Is this some kind of new New York Times coastal elite nonsense or what???!!!

4 hours ago, mmasc said:

Wordle 241 2/6

🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

my first time to get it in two!! You guys, I’m bizarrely thrilled about this like I just won a million dollars or something 😂

YES!! Well done!

I've only once gotten it in two.  It is indeed thrilling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Pam in CT said:

Wordle 241 4/6

🟩🟨
🟩
🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wait, wut?  There's a time limit?  What's the time limit?  I *almost always* do 2 rows, then walk away and think, then maybe 1 more row, then wander off to refresh.  Is this some kind of new New York Times coastal elite nonsense or what???!!!

YES!! Well done!

I've only once gotten it in two.  It is indeed thrilling.

Oh, it’s probably just a time limit in my mind, since a new word is posted every midnight. I usually work on it without setting it down for lengthy think time, but I have done that the past couple of days - leave it sit for a couple of hours after entering a second word. I’ve eventually gotten the word right each time, but honestly? I think for me the gamer high comes more with pushing through without toooooo much setting it down between guesses. It’s a fancy balance. 😂

• Like 1