Menu

Omicron and school question

KSera

Does anyone know if there are any countries with significant omicron that have had school in session during this past couple weeks? All the countries I'm familiar with either had kids out on Summer break or Winter break over the past two weeks (or a little less for some places). Schools around here had a significant uptick in cases in the days before they went on break, but omicron was just getting started, and then they've been on break ever since. I'm just wondering if we have seen yet what happens in schools with omicron (Cornell is the only one I know of, and they went on break shortly after as well. Plus, my understanding is that most transmission at Cornell is thought to have happened at parties, not in class (fully masked, vaccinated campus). Attending a high school or elementary school with no masking right now sounds especially crazy.

I'm just wondering what we're in for this week and next.

I can't imagine what will happen in the states with no masking/required testing.  It's still up in the air whether kids will be in class tomorrow here, but every grade is required to be fully masked (every - the college as well), and K-12 has sent out home tests in addition to their 'test-to-stay' program.  I know exactly what to expect if school is in session tomorrow:

-strict distancing

-windows open, air purifier running, kids in jackets because it is going to be 30 degrees outside.

-fully masked except during snack/lunch, when they cannot get up from their desk without a mask on.

• Like 1

I’ve decided to keep my elementary aged kids home at least a week, maybe two. They are only a few days out from their second shot.

No remote option so they’ll be marked absent, but I can do their work at home with them.

I’ll be in my classroom teaching. Was hoping we’d go remote for a few weeks but it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen, unless we get a last minute call today.

We do not have air purifiers and it’s supposed to be a high of 14 degrees tomorrow so I doubt my co teachers or students will want the windows open. Kids eat breakfast, snack, and lunch in the room. I’m upgrading my masks but no one else will be.

We are not testing anyone before returning. 

My own kids were already absent the week and a half before break, one for quarantine and one had tested positive (so he’d probably be ok to go back, but still..).

I feel bad they’re missing so much school in a row but I really think administration is making the wrong decision in opening tomorrow!

Edited by Hilltopmom
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

I can't imagine what will happen in the states with no masking/required testing.  It's still up in the air whether kids will be in class tomorrow here, but every grade is required to be fully masked (every - the college as well), and K-12 has sent out home tests in addition to their 'test-to-stay' program.  I know exactly what to expect if school is in session tomorrow:

-strict distancing

-windows open, air purifier running, kids in jackets because it is going to be 30 degrees outside.

-fully masked except during snack/lunch, when they cannot get up from their desk without a mask on.

Where there are no mask mandates, it will race through the kids and staff, people will throw their hands up & say “on, well” because they have already demonstrated that they don’t care and that people are disposable. It didn’t have to be this way. It will continue to be this way because people value “freedom” over responsibility and “normalcy” over reality. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 8
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

I have watched all of the bowl games and and see tens of thousands of students packed in these stadiums with no masks in sight. They are all going back home and to their colleges. What a mess. 

Yep. But, football is so much more important, ‘ya know? Cause we gotta get people to spend their money and give them a “squirrel” to pay attention to so they don’t realize they’re in danger, or at least so they won’t even inclined to act on it, ‘cause football. 

Edited by TechWife
  • Like 5

Our schools have mask mandates and plan to go back in a few days. I think it’s a mistake. Our area is in an outbreak. The neighboring, unmasked county has filled its hospital and is rerouting to ours. It’s cold now so lunch is indoors, unmasked, and not socially distanced. When the kids go back in a few days they’re going to spread their Christmas omicron and I think they’ll be too low-staffed to stay open very long. 

My daughter teaches in another neighboring county, with a mask mandate, that went virtual just before the holiday break. At least those students will be staying home until mid-January. I hope they can keep a lid on community spread over there. 

We have an optional mask policy where I teach. About 1/2 the kids always wear their mask, 1/4 occasionally, and the other 1/4 never. I expect that over 1/2 the kids will be absent at some time during the month. 

I have my N95 mask and stand about 10 feet away from the students. I have had my booster. My larger air purifier just indicated that it needs a new filter, but it will have to suffice until the new one arrives. Fingers crossed and prayers being said. When I get sick, I tend to get more sick than other people - common colds lead to sinus infections so I am being cautious but realistic that I am vulnerable and probably going to be exposed. 

On a side note... my college age dd said that most of her friends have had Covid over break already. So many had the worst Christmas ever.. so what did they do? Went out on New Year's Eve to crowded bars! Awesome!! (my dd had three friends over and cooked dinner together - and she is the type who would love crowded bars; the other dd hates crowds and was so happy to stay in and watch UGA win)

22 minutes ago, lmrich said:

We have an optional mask policy where I teach. About 1/2 the kids always wear their mask, 1/4 occasionally, and the other 1/4 never.

At my school masks are "strongly recommended," which translates into about 10% of students and 75% of staff. Mask-wearing did increase some during our Nov/Dec surge. Our county had a K-6 mandate for the first semester (expires today at 5 pm) but that was set to end 60 days after vaccines became available for the younger kids (I work in secondary so the percents I gave were from secondary for the fall semester). Our district strictly enforces all county health department mandates, but does not mandate anything beyond that. Our governor really threw everyone under the bus when she left mask mandates up to the individual county health departments and school districts. Hard to blame her though after she (and her family) had their lives threatened last year.

3 hours ago, Hilltopmom said:

I’ve decided to keep my elementary aged kids home at least a week, maybe two. They are only a few days out from their second shot.

No remote option so they’ll be marked absent, but I can do their work at home with them.

I’ll be in my classroom teaching. Was hoping we’d go remote for a few weeks but it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen, unless we get a last minute call today.

We do not have air purifiers and it’s supposed to be a high of 14 degrees tomorrow so I doubt my co teachers or students will want the windows open. Kids eat breakfast, snack, and lunch in the room. I’m upgrading my masks but no one else will be.

We are not testing anyone before returning. 

My own kids were already absent the week and a half before break, one for quarantine and one had tested positive (so he’d probably be ok to go back, but still..).

I feel bad they’re missing so much school in a row but I really think administration is making the wrong decision in opening tomorrow!

I'd feel okay personally sending the one that just had Covid - immunity should last longer than a few weeks. I think they have said 90 days for immunity after other variants. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

I'd feel okay personally sending the one that just had Covid - immunity should last longer than a few weeks. I think they have said 90 days for immunity after other variants. 

Yeah I’m more worried about him bringing it home to his sister. But mainly, there’d be a revolt if one stayed home and one went to school.  They get to stay home with grandma and grandpa and go skiing, play games, do crafts, bake…

Edited by Hilltopmom
  • Like 3

The co-op where I teach decided to go virtual for January. I think that was the right call. Every school system in America ought to take a pause for 2 weeks. Yeah, it SUCKS. But I think that's probably the right thing to do. And I say that as someone who supports them staying in person overall. Just... take a two week longer pause.

Omicron may be milder than other waves... at least in my city, which has been Ground Zero for this wave, it's also literally EIGHT times BIGGER (highest daily case rate previously here was around 250, it's now around 2000) than other waves. So it doesn't matter if the disease it produces seems to be milder - some people are still going to get sick. And healthcare systems are about to be overwhelmed on a new level. Like, here, we're not using as many ventilators as in previous waves, but we have more hospital admissions than at any other point. There are staffing shortages. Everyone should be very worried. If you get in a car accident, if you have a surgery that needs to be done... or if you have Covid and are getting worse... this wave is worse for the hospitals.

• Like 15

5 hours ago, Teaching3bears said:

We’re in the same boat as you and my son is supposed to go back next week.  I’m thinking of keeping him home even though there is no ‘at home’ option and he will miss important work staying home as a high school student.  

I should clarify that only my college kids are in school in person, and their schools have mask mandates at least (but even if that turns out o be sufficient to stop transmission in class, I feel like dorms and the Greek system will be a mess.) Still, whatever happens with the schools affects everyone as a community, which is why I said “we”. 

4 hours ago, HomeAgain said:

The eating thing is the part I wish there was a solution for. A lot of schools around here we’re doing outdoor eating over Fall, though some parents complained bitterly about how “unsanitary” it was for the kids to sit on the ground outside to eat 🙄. I can’t come up with a feasible indoor eating solution that would be low risk right now. 

4 hours ago, Hilltopmom said:

What happens in your district for kids who are absent due to Covid or quarantine? Are those absences counted and do they not provide any online option for those kids?

1 hour ago, lmrich said:

We have an optional mask policy where I teach. About 1/2 the kids always wear their mask, 1/4 occasionally, and the other 1/4 never. I expect that over 1/2 the kids will be absent at some time during the month. 

What percent can be absent before they cancel school?  (Quoting messed up)

I've heard schools will fall into one of two groups in January--those that plan for remote learning or delayed starts, and those with unplanned closures. So I wouldn't be surprised if schools that open in person (especially without any mitigation measures) close or go online a couple weeks later.  

• Like 1

Kids who are quarantined are not counted absent and are given paper packets of work or zoomed in depending on grade level. 
If I just plain keep them home, they’ll be absent and not provided work. (It will be a little awkward between me & my principal but not a huge deal)

No one really cares about number of days absent anymore… and for first and third grades with kids who are not behind academically, I’m not concerned.

However, since I work there I happen to have access to their textbooks and know what lessons they are on, so we will just continue with what their peers are doing at school. 
We may wind up remote anyways due to lack of staff and too many kids testing positive over the first week. We’ll see…

Edited by Hilltopmom
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Acadie said:

I've heard schools will fall into one of two groups in January--those that plan for remote learning or delayed starts, and those with unplanned closures. So I wouldn't be surprised if schools that open in person (especially without any mitigation measures) close or go online a couple weeks later.  

This is how it seems to me it will end up, but I was curious if any schools have been not on break during this or if this will really be the first test. I do wonder how many students can be out before school has to close. I know schools around here have closed for flu outbreaks before when it gets to be enough students. In this case, I’m guessing teachers being out is probably the first thing that’s going to break the plan.

1 hour ago, Farrar said:

The co-op where I teach decided to go virtual for January. I think that was the right call. Every school system in America ought to take a pause for 2 weeks. Yeah, it SUCKS. But I think that's probably the right thing to do. And I say that as someone who supports them staying in person overall. Just... take a two week longer pause.

Omicron may be milder than other waves... at least in my city, which has been Ground Zero for this wave, it's also literally EIGHT times BIGGER (highest daily case rate previously here was around 250, it's now around 2000) than other waves. So it doesn't matter if the disease it produces seems to be milder - some people are still going to get sick. And healthcare systems are about to be overwhelmed on a new level. Like, here, we're not using as many ventilators as in previous waves, but we have more hospital admissions than at any other point. There are staffing shortages. Everyone should be very worried. If you get in a car accident, if you have a surgery that needs to be done... or if you have Covid and are getting worse... this wave is worse for the hospitals.

People here don't even want their kids to stay home if they've had close contact/exposure/symptoms.  I'm thinking, shouldn't their parents be at home anyway?  I agree with you.  

Even though our kids' charter has air purifiers in the school, as well as mandatory vaccines and masks for teachers and students, my husband and I are not going to send the boys to their on-site classes until Omicron calms down. It just feels like anyone going out right now is cannon fodder.

• Like 6

Haven’t heard any alternative plans from my son’s tiny, private middle school. They have always required masks, run air filters, and encouraged vaccination. All the faculty are vaxed and boosted; most of the students vaxed. 

No word yet from Dd’s tutorial, which doesn’t start back til the second week of January. 

I have to work this week tutoring; four lessons in person, the rest virtual. 

4 hours ago, TexasProud said:

We have no masking mandates at all here. Teachers go back on Monday, kids on Wednesday. I guess we will see what happens.

What would happen if people just wore masks anyway? I guess that’s one of the many puzzling things to me about the “freedom” argument. I mean, if you want freedoms, then you are free to wear a mask. So, use some common sense and wear a mask. 

Edited by TechWife
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, TechWife said:

What would happen if people just wore masks anyway? I guess that’s one of the many puzzling things to me about the “freedom” argument. I mean, if you want freedoms, then you are free to wear a mask. So, use some common sense and wear a mask. 

Which is what I do when I go places. But not that many do. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, TechWife said:

But having everyone masked works exponentially better than just me being masked. My mask won't catch everything, so having less particles in the air in the first place is a huge factor. 

Or do you mean why do "freedom" people not mask? Cause it isn't about freedom it is about spite. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

But having everyone masked works exponentially better than just me being masked. My mask won't catch everything, so having less particles in the air in the first place is a huge factor. 

Or do you mean why do "freedom" people not mask? Cause it isn't about freedom it is about spite. 

She knows that. I think she was being sarcastic. 

Schools here are 100% masked and the kids social distance while eating. To be honest, though, I’m not really sure what the current data is and I suspect the droplets carry much farther than six feet.  There is no talk at all about virtual and I’ve heard from some teacher friends that they’ve been told state funding is in jeopardy if they go virtual.

I can’t keep the kids home because absences are being counted and I have no one to watch them while I work. I have overnight babysitting in place but no one to stay with them during the day.  
I know a family right now on their third bout of Covid.  They had it in September 2020, July 2021 and now.  They’re asymptomatic and vaccinated(discovered it because they took self tests before visiting older relatives) and the adults are boostered, but 4 out of the 5 family members are positive again.  So I am at the point where I expect we’ll get Covid yearly and am just rolling with it.  I could keep them home for two weeks and deal with the angry school district over absences, but then what do I do with the next variant and the next surge.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

Schools here are 100% masked and the kids social distance while eating. To be honest, though, I’m not really sure what the current data is and I suspect the droplets carry much farther than six feet.  There is no talk at all about virtual and I’ve heard from some teacher friends that they’ve been told state funding is in jeopardy if they go virtual.

I can’t keep the kids home because absences are being counted and I have no one to watch them while I work. I have overnight babysitting in place but no one to stay with them during the day.  
I know a family right now on their third bout of Covid.  They had it in September 2020, July 2021 and now.  They’re asymptomatic and vaccinated(discovered it because they took self tests before visiting older relatives) and the adults are boostered, but 4 out of the 5 family members are positive again.  So I am at the point where I expect we’ll get Covid yearly and am just rolling with it.  I could keep them home for two weeks and deal with the angry school district over absences, but then what do I do with the next variant and the next surge.

Schools in my state have been informed, by the AOE, that if a school goes remote, they have to make up the days at the end of the year like snow days. One school went virtual for a week in Sept, when Delta first started hitting and now they have to make up the days. 🙄

• Sad 4

8 hours ago, KSera said:
8 hours ago, KSera said:

What percent can be absent before they cancel school?  (Quoting messed up)

Great question!  We have no policy. Last year 25% of the staff was sick and school was not canceled; just the classes where the teacher could not come in. We have not had community spread (that can be traced); we only go twice a week and we have no contact tracing so who really knows.  I got an email asking me to stay and cover lunch since too many volunteers have Covid. And I  have five students out of 22 who are planning to miss tomorrow. I am sure there will be more who won't come. I have 50 students on Wednesday so we will see what those numbers are. 

I enjoy teaching virtualy; I enjoy teaching in person. I do not enjoy trying to mix the two together...which is what I have been doing for 1 1/2 years. 

Ugg!

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, AmandaVT said:

Schools in my state have been informed, by the AOE, that if a school goes remote, they have to make up the days at the end of the year like snow days. One school went virtual for a week in Sept, when Delta first started hitting and now they have to make up the days. 🙄

Well, that seems utterly idiotic! It's unfair to the kids to have to attend virtual school, and then have to attend in-person school for the same amount of extra days at the end of the year. If they have to make up the days, they shouldn't have to do any virtual school at all!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thankfully I don’t have to worry about my 2 that are homeschooled, but my dd in college I’m a bit worried about.  She got sent home with covid 13 days after moving in in August (and shared it with all of us).  I’m concerned it’s been just long enough for her to get sick again when she goes back.  She has 2 weeks until then. When staff gets back this week from the holidays, I’m wondering if they will be changing any of their covid policies. 

• Sad 1

I teach in an area with full ICUs and the national guard has been deployed. Some local districts have gone remote but mine is still, as of now, in person. We are one of the largest districts in our state. We have had major staffing issues prior to Winter Break and I honestly don't know how much longer we can keep going at this rate. We are 100% masked, and I am strict, but it feels too much.

• Sad 2

On the last day of school (in the late afternoon) before Christmas break, our district superintendent announced that masks (which had been mandatory) would be optional when school resumed.  Ugh.   Could not believe that kind of stupid timing!  Fortunately, our school board actually took some independent action and overruled her.  

Anne

DD's college is starting with everyone testing when they get to campus, but remote classes from their dorm rooms for a week.  Meals will be to-go from the dining hall.  They will then re-test everyone.  They are also requiring N95 or KN95 masks for everyone and boosters.  No visitors on campus this semester, at least right now.  The mask compliance of staff and students has been really good according to DD, except the football players who have to be reminded.

Our local k-12 schools have a state-wide mask mandate, but the amount of compliance is lacking.  My brother teaches in a middle school and gets push-back not just from kids but also staff including the principal.  He said that many kids who are told to pull up their masks respond that the principal doesn't wear his, so why should they.  There are also a lot of kids that come to school sick, and parents are furious when they have to take them home.  I am expecting an explosion of cases a week or two after school goes back tomorrow.  I hope I am wrong.

21 hours ago, Catwoman said:

Well, that seems utterly idiotic! It's unfair to the kids to have to attend virtual school, and then have to attend in-person school for the same amount of extra days at the end of the year. If they have to make up the days, they shouldn't have to do any virtual school at all!

Early on, schools were hoping for waivers from the state to be able to count the days as school days and not make them up. Last I heard, those hadn't come, so now they will have to make them up at the end of June. We've been lucky so far in my school - haven't been under 50% attendance yet (under 50% does not count as a school day, so we'd have to make it up). Still a dumb policy though - when we were remote, we were synchronous, kids had as much teacher "face" time as when we're in person and all special ed services were being fulfilled as well. That can't happen when 60% of kids are in school and 40% out - we're told to focus on the kids in person. 🙄

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AmandaVT said:

Early on, schools were hoping for waivers from the state to be able to count the days as school days and not make them up. Last I heard, those hadn't come, so now they will have to make them up at the end of June. We've been lucky so far in my school - haven't been under 50% attendance yet (under 50% does not count as a school day, so we'd have to make it up). Still a dumb policy though - when we were remote, we were synchronous, kids had as much teacher "face" time as when we're in person and all special ed services were being fulfilled as well. That can't happen when 60% of kids are in school and 40% out - we're told to focus on the kids in person. 🙄

Our area doesn't have this policy, so I hadn't thought of it, but it seems reasonable to require that the school offer free optional summer school equal to the number of days that are virtual, up to 35 days or something. Virtual school doesn't work well for some kids, and just because they manage a "pass" doesn't mean they are ready to move on.

Our country is virtual for a week, but the county five minutes away is going to be in person, so it'll be an interesting experiment to watch, I guess. Another nearby county is still famously refusing a mask mandate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xahm said:

Our area doesn't have this policy, so I hadn't thought of it, but it seems reasonable to require that the school offer free optional summer school equal to the number of days that are virtual, up to 35 days or something. Virtual school doesn't work well for some kids, and just because they manage a "pass" doesn't mean they are ready to move on.

Our country is virtual for a week, but the county five minutes away is going to be in person, so it'll be an interesting experiment to watch, I guess. Another nearby county is still famously refusing a mask mandate.

We already offer free summer school to anyone (voluntary), but that's a good idea. Special educators keep track of services missed and always offer summer services to make up any days as well.d We've been full time in person since the beginning of the 2020 school year, and our students are still, by and large, a hot mess. I agree that in-person school is ideal, but there's more to it than "just keep the schools open and everything will be fine" that everyone seems to be spouting right now (not directed at you - just frustrated w/ out state leaders right now). And I'm tired. I think all school employees are. 

• Like 2

On 1/2/2022 at 7:18 AM, HomeAgain said:

-strict distancing

Our local district went back today, no masks, no testing, no nothing, and they won't be calling parents when students are exposed. It is the Wild Wild West. I predict utter chaos! This is what the majority of parents wanted here, so if I hear any of the nutters complaining or see it on social media or see it on social media, they are going to get a hell of an earful from me!

My two post-undergrad students are taking a semester off, and won't be starting up grad school until next fall. My college senior is going back to a campus with an 80% student body vaccination rate (the unvaxed are mostly commuters), and that requires twice per week testing of unvaxed. Faculty and staff are at 92% vaxed. But this is omicron so I think they may need to do a twice per week testing of vaxed folks. That said, I do not think Michigan has the testing capacity for all of the college campuses to go to that level. They do require masks indoors and when in groups outside, and I have to say, they have excellent compliance and enforcement. They are also in the U.P. where cases have been lower even during peaks just because population density is lower, and yoopers live there because they like to be outdoors a ton and love winter sports as well as being folks who like peace and quiet and naturally distance. It is not peak tourist season, so I am clinging to a little bit of hope that they will survive the semester with in person classes, and then have commencement outdoors. Normally it would be in the stadium, but they could manage an outdoor one if they keep the special speaking brief. It isn't balmy warm on April 30 in the U.P. by any stretch! However, I am also preparing myself for the fact that this may be like March 2020 when I was battling a blizzard to get to him and move him out of the dorms before they closed them. The college went to virtual and gave everyone one week to get out except for international students and those who petitioned for special cricumstances. It was a horrific drive, one of the worst of my life! I was really scared. We didn't have any one for him to stay with, and the local hotels would not let anyone under 21 check in alone. The mamagers check i.d.'s  He was only 20 at the time. At least now we could get a hotel room for him, and have him walk or take an uber. I am just really hoping we don't have that mess again!

Orange Count, FL where Orlando is sent out an email that if parents want to keep kids home they can get weekly assignments from the teacher and the absences will be excused. Our state made mask mandates in schools illegal, so kids are not required to mask. Adults can be required to mask in schools, and are, but not the kids. 

I feel for the teachers having to come up with stuff to send home, so extra work, while being exposed all day every day. Ugh. 

Our district sent out an email saying that the state has said we are no longer allowed to shut down for covid.   They said individual schools can shut down due to specific outbreaks, but the district can't shut down for covid.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Ds's school had 20+ teachers out today.  When I look online, only 4 are listed on the covid district disclosure page, and ds said a teacher told him that the others were out refusing to come in. Tons of students out today too.

If our kids' schools offered a remote option right now, for this wave, I'd totally take it. As it is, there is a mask mandate, my kids eat outside, and wear N95s to class. It's the best we can do, but it sure doesn't feel like enough right now.  I've stopped my immunosuppressant, and we're running HEPA filters through our house right now.  I'm going to test everyone at the end of this week in the house.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

The school building I usually work in had 0 teachers out today so I was sent to a different building, which had two teachers out, one with covid. Not sure if our area has some immunity due to the Nov/Dec surge or if this is just the calm before the storm.

ETA: These are not numbers from a school website, these are I-know-because-I-work-there numbers.

Edited by Longtime Lurker

1 hour ago, DawnM said:

Our district sent out an email saying that the state has said we are no longer allowed to shut down for covid.   They said individual schools can shut down due to specific outbreaks, but the district can't shut down for covid.

We're the same way here. Individual schools can, but not district-wide unless they get approval from the state BOE-which isn't going to give it. And masks are optional. I'm very glad that I'm not scheduled to start back until Jan 24 (realistically, I wouldn't be going back right now since my parents need me anyway-not sure I'll be going back in three weeks, either) because it's going to make last fall, when the kids were getting sick all over the place, look downright healthy. 

2 hours ago, ktgrok said:

Orange Count, FL where Orlando is sent out an email that if parents want to keep kids home they can get weekly assignments from the teacher and the absences will be excused. Our state made mask mandates in schools illegal, so kids are not required to mask. Adults can be required to mask in schools, and are, but not the kids. 

I feel for the teachers having to come up with stuff to send home, so extra work, while being exposed all day every day. Ugh. 

This is where I wish they would consult some seasoned homeschoolers about simplifying and hang the damn state requirements. Seriously. There are just so many way to get a lot out of good books and simple writing assignments, Khan Academy videos to tutor in math, etc. I see the hoop jumping and complicated lesson plans school boards and supers still demand despite the circumstances and I just want to scream. Keep it simple and easy to implement in the home with quality books and consumables, good videos, no test prep, and children will learn a hell of a lot more than the current nonsense. Now is not the time to make things difficult to figure out or require weird software, and all that jazz.

Sigh. I weep for kids. But at least their parents can keep them out and not have their child face punishment! Here it isn't an option. It is INSANE!! 😠

• Like 3

I went in yesterday.  Half the school was out sick due to mandatory testing on Sunday.  There were so few kids in the classroom I was in that there was definitely more than  6ft of space between them.

I predict we'll have a quick spike here and then settle down mid January.  I'm not sure sure about the "Wild Wild West" states.