Menu

COVID in immediate family data?

Not_a_Number

Continuing my data-collection hobby... if you've had COVID in your immediate family (say, spouse, kids, siblings, or parents -- nothing further), what was it like? How were the symptoms? Were there any long-term sequelae? 

I'm still undecided about how worried I should be about my kids (who are too little to be vaccinated yet), so any data is tremendously helpful. Thank you. ❤️

Edited by Not_a_Number

• Not_a_Number changed the title to COVID in immediate family data?

DS had COVID toes in May, 2020. He was 17.  No lingering symptoms that we are aware of. It’s possible DH and I had mild symptoms at the same time (slight nausea, I felt like I had a fever or long running hot flash for several days), but we weren’t tested. The only possible way he could have been infected was through me (the only person to leave the house since March).

My dad (84), mom(80), sister (53) and brother (54) all came down with COVID at the same time late last year. Brother thinks he picked it up at work, and they all get together regularly. Dad was hit hard (but not hospitalised or anything close to that), mom pretended it was something else, sister lost taste and smell, and brother idk. Afaik they have all recovered.

Reactions to vaccines: DS has had his first Pfizer with zero reaction. Dad is fully vaccinated, said he felt pretty run over by both. Mom is also fully vaccinated but didn’t say if she had a reaction, nor have sister or brother said whether they reacted to their first. I think they all had Moderna. 

Edited by MEmama
  • Like 2

Dh had Covid in early March 2021.  He had a pretty textbook case.  About one week of sore throat, headaches, fever, fatigue, chills, and body aches then a slow recovery.  The slow recovery has been mostly just getting full energy back.  By some miracle, no one else in the household got it, even though we had all been traveling in an enclosed car together for a full day during what was likely to be his most contagious time.  We isolated him in the house and we all quarantined as specified by the CDC at that time.  He has since been vaccinated and for sure had more pronounced side effects that the other members of the household.  But nothing catastrophic.  

• Like 1

40 year old brother: something like a bad cold with a few days of body aches.  Fatigue and loss of smell and taste around day 6. He said one day a switch flipped and he suddenly felt better. 

Mother in law, 72:  currently on day 10. Had a cough, congestion,  chills, body aches.  Fatigued now but doing much better.  

Brother in law and sister in law, 30's: like a mild flu for 14 days. Both seem fine now, but sister in law mentioned mild brain fog shortly after recovery.

Nephew, 20: mild cold for a few days, and that was it. He has asthma.  No lingering effects. 

Brother in law, 47: donated blood and discovered antibodies.  Doesn't remember having anything other than a cough 8 months ago.

eta, sorry if those relationships are too far. They feel like immediate family for me.

Edited by KeriJ
  • Like 1

Not a relative, but a household member.  Has antibodies, and they told her she had it in the past 3 months.  Searched her memory for any time in the past 9 months when she didn't feel well; can't remember it at all.  This is a 60+ with at least 4 other higher-risk indicators.

• Like 2

I had covid at the beginning of February. Despite not isolating from the family (by the time I realized I had it, we figured everyone had been exposed long enough that it was too late), only my 13 year old got covid. He was asymptomatic and has had no side effects. 

Husband and 2 other children in the house never got it. They were all tested right after I tested positive, at the end of my quarantine (when my son tested positive), at the end of my son’s quarantine/isolation, and one more time since then. Husband is now vaccinated. 

• Like 1

We think we had it the december before lockdown.  my kids were approximately ages 11, 10 and 7 at the time.  My oldest had what we thought a 24 hour virus.  my middle child was asymptomatic.  My youngest had a 104.5 fever and congestion.  Her symptoms didn't show until about a month after us.

My husband was gasping for breath every 3rd breath during his sleep.  He was tired and very congested.  I had a HUGE HUGE HUGE headache for 5 or 6 days.  I was also very very very tired.  out like a light around 3 pm until the next morning. 

I don't think we have any lingering side effects.

My friend and her son had it.  i don't remember all the symptoms, except her son had chest pains.  They don't have any lingering side effects.

Another friend of mine had it and her husband.  I don't think the kids were all that sick. 

I do know an adult who had it and still has a rash months later.

I do know another adult who had it last summer and still out of breath quicker than usual. 

I should add I have one relative who qualifies in your criteria, but would prefer to be private about it.  Such individual (and spouse/tweens) had Covid in 2021.  They thought they had a little cold, until spouse got talked into testing and tested positive.  All had very mild symptoms.

I wanted to mention they were all quite sick back at the very beginning of Covid (Dec19 or Jan20), assumed they "must have had it," but that was really unlikely, because all of them felt really sick.  It is not typical for everyone in the family to feel really sick with Covid.

I had Covid. I did not isolate at all from my children and none developed symptoms. Since they were sleeping in my bed, breathing my air, etc, I fully expect they had non symptomatic Covid and we quarantined with that in mind.

DH also did not isolate from me, never had symtoms, and had three tests all negative.

Other than lack of smell, my long term Covid symtoms have mostly resolved.  I never got very sick with the confirmed Covid, though I’d been very very sick in April 2020 with a negative test but ground glass opacity pneumonia + a known exposure.  The second moderna shot knocked me off my feet though.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

Other than lack of smell, my long term Covid symtoms have mostly resolved.  I never got very sick with the confirmed Covid, though I’d been very very sick in April 2020 with a negative test but ground glass opacity pneumonia + a known exposure.  The second moderna shot knocked me off my feet though.

I'm glad about that! I've been wondering how you're doing. 

I think you already know our situation, but for anyone else... 

Dh had it over Christmas.  It was terrible but beds were full and he was not hospitalized.    We live in a small house and none of us got it, even the T1Diabetic.   We did isolate him as well as we could.    
Dh has no lingering effects, thankfully.   

• Like 3

DS2 (17yo) got COVID-19 from our bonus son (20yo) home from college. We trusted him, but who would have thought his father (where he lived part time during winter break) would have contact with people even though he lived with sick, elderly parents? Well Bonus Son's dad got it from his girlfriend. She gave it to all of them. Thank G-d no one got hospitalized.  Our son lost smell and taste, coughed a fair amount, and was fatigued for 4-6 days. Our oldest son (20 yo) decided to stay in the same room the entire time his brother was sick. He never got sick (9 tests) . The rest of us quarantined and didn't get sick. No long term issues. My theory is my husband brought COVID-19 home in February 2020 from Japan. 

He got the Pfizer shot two Sundays ago. Sore arm but nothing else.

• Like 1

This was back in late October:

DS-then-8 (turned 9 during our quarantine): On a Tuesday morning had a fever of 100 or so, and felt tired/listless all day.  No other symptoms.  Felt totally normal by Wednesday AM.  Really did not think it would be COVID as it was way milder than many normal "bugs" that go around.

DS-then-11, DS-then-13 and I woke up feeling sick on Friday (3 days later).  Fever in the 100-101ish range, feeling tired,  somewhat of a headache.  (For all three of us).  DS11 was mildly coughing.  

Took the 4 people who had symptoms anytime that week to test, we were all 4 positive.    Two older boys were feeling better by end of the day Saturday, except DS11's cough lingered longer.

DH and DD16 went for a test on Saturday, no symptoms at that time and they were negative.

Late on Sunday, DH started feeling chills, fever, mild difficulty breathing.  Meanwhile I lost my sense of smell and had very mild cough/breathing difficulties that day.  Fever/headache was mostly gone now for me (this was 48 hrs after symptoms started).   Mild difficulty breathing/cough and loss of smell lasted about a week.

DH tested again the next day and took DD with again too even though she didn't have symptoms.  DH was positive now and DD was not.  DH's symptoms again lasted about 48 hrs, with some minor tiredness after that.

Finally on Wednesday DD started feeling a mild cough/difficulty breathing/tired/chills (but never registered an actual fever).  Slight reduction in taste/smell for her.  We didn't make her get a third test since it was really obvious that we just tested her too soon the second time.  We were just trying to condense trips to the testing site.   So it took 8 days from first person to last person! (We gave DD the option to isolate in her room after the first negative test, and she declined.  She didn't want to have to hide by herself for 2 weeks if she didn't absolutely have to.)   DD's main symptoms also lasted about 48 hrs, with reduction of taste/smell for about a week.

Only longer term symptom was a very mild lingering cough for DS-then-11 that actually went on for a couple months.  But we're talking like coughing a couple times a day - nothing too severe.

Vaccine effects - I got Moderna #1 and only had a sore arm for 48 hrs, maybe a bit of extra tiredness (hard to tell, because I had a kid interrupting my sleep a bunch the same nights), Dose #2 is still a bit over a week away for me.  DH had both Moderna shots, and both times had serious chills/fever symptoms for 24 hours + 1-2 days of tiredness.   DD16 had Pfizer #1 (#2 is next week), and had sore arm/tiredness for 24 hrs.

• Like 1

You’re interested in siblings?

BIL, SIL, their two kids, and her live in grandmother all tested positive. All adults had had one shot already.  BIL and SIL are in their 40s - SIL was miserable, very ill but not hospitalized, lasted about three weeks. BIL slightly less sick, but powered through.  The grandmother was the worst off.  My niece and nephew - 8 yr old twins - tested positive but were not very sick, like having a cold.  

Off topic: I keep reading comments that it’s not common for entire households to be positive, not sure why I know two families IRL whose every member has had it.  Weird.  (Early on, a family of 10 near us had it.  All of them tested positive and the baby was hospitalized. The mom and at least one teen are long haulers and it’s been just a crummy time period for them). Maybe my friends and family are just terrible at quarantining sick individuals in their households?  Is it really that unusual for entire households to catch it?  (I’d like to think so, but personal experience with people hasn’t supported that, ugh.)

Edited by Spryte

2 hours ago, Spryte said:

Off topic: I keep reading comments that it’s not common for entire households to be positive, not sure why I know two families IRL whose every member has had it.  Weird.  (Early on, a family of 10 near us had it.  All of them tested positive and the baby was hospitalized. The mom and at least one teen are long haulers and it’s been just a crummy time period for them). Maybe my friends and family are just terrible at quarantining sick individuals in their households?  Is it really that unusual for entire households to catch it?  (I’d like to think so, but personal experience with people hasn’t supported that, ugh.)

Not sure if it's my comment that has you wondering, but I didn't say it's uncommon for entire households to be positive, but rather, it's not typical for entire families to get really sick, as in, having significant enough symptoms that I'd worry about my kids getting that.

I don't think it's uncommon for households to be patchwork, i.e., some get Covid and some don't.  Even if there is tons of close contact, some people are more susceptible than others.  I assume this is partly genetic, but I'm not sure what all is at play.

Also, many people don't test their kids if the whole family is quarantining.  And some of them don't have antibodies later, even though both parents were Covid+ and the kids were sick at the same time.

No idea what the stats are on exactly what % of families are all in or not during Covid.

Edited by SKL
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SKL said:

Not sure if it's my comment that has you wondering, but I didn't say it's uncommon for entire households to be positive, but rather, it's not typical for entire families to get really sick, as in, having significant enough symptoms that I'd worry about my kids getting that.

I don't think it's uncommon for households to be patchwork, i.e., some get Covid and some don't.  Even if there is tons of close contact, some people are more susceptible than others.  I assume this is partly genetic, but I'm not sure what all is at play.

Also, many people don't test their kids if the whole family is quarantining.  And some of them don't have antibodies later, even though both parents were Covid+ and the kids were sick at the same time.

No idea what the stats are on exactly what % of families are all in or not during Covid.

Either that or my friends and family just don’t wash their hands!  🤣

• Haha 3

You know this, but for the sake of data in one place:

Dh had Covid end of March-beginning of April 2021. He stayed in the basement for ten days after his positive test. I did not get it and neither did DS16. Dh was unpleasantly sick for about three days, around the same as the typical flu would be. He never did cough all that much, but he had chills and fever, headache, joint and muscle pains and extreme fatigue. His sense of smell and taste was affected, though he didn’t recognize this at first. He just complained a lot about food not tasting good. The fatigue and muscle pain took the longest to return to normal. 

My sister also had it, as did her husband and little kids. Sounded like none of them had it too severely. 

I have not had any other immediate family fall ill. Other family members are nieces/nephews or their spouses. 

Edited by Quill
Typo changed meaning!
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Spryte said:

BIL, SIL, their two kids, and her live in grandmother all tested positive. All adults had had one shot already.  BIL and SIL are in their 40s - SIL was miserable, very ill but not hospitalized, lasted about three weeks. BIL slightly less sick, but powered through.  The grandmother was the worst off.  My niece and nephew - 8 yr old twins - tested positive but were not very sick, like having a cold.  

In my purely anecdotal experience, it is more common for *not* everyone in the family to get sick than it is the other way. It is true that when my sister was sick, they all were, but then, my niece had it and her husband and kids didn’t get it/never had symptoms. 

• Like 2

My sister tested positive for COVID last year.

Symptoms: sore throat, temporary loss of smell/taste, bad headache that couldn't be relieved, exhaustion/extreme fatigue. 

She did not infect anyone else in her family, including her spouse and kids (all had negative tests). The family had a lot of close contact prior to realizing she was sick. 

She felt back to normal after about two weeks. No long term issues. 

Edited by sbgrace
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hilltopmom said:

My husband’s uncle was hospitalized and died last week. My students who have had it just a cold like symptoms. Teacher across hall had cold like plus no smell or taste lots of fatigue. Lingering issues since December. 

I'm sorry about your husband's uncle 😞 . How old was he? 

On 5/1/2021 at 5:44 AM, Spryte said:

I think this would definitely fit with what we think we know of this virus which is that most people don’t spread it but a few spread it a lot.  Something to do with k value?  That’s why it’s easier to control with good social distancing etc 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

I think this would definitely fit with what we think we know of this virus which is that most people don’t spread it but a few spread it a lot.  Something to do with k value?  That’s why it’s easier to control with good social distancing etc 

Yes, I think so.  

Also, I was thinking about this earlier today, and it sounds like a lot of families don’t have everyone tested if the kids aren’t symptomatic, so we may not have good data on kids if they are asymptomatic.  I just happen to know two families who had everyone tested, maybe.  In the large family, everyone was very ill (except for one asymptomatic adult) from baby to teen to mom.  In the other family, the kids were not terribly sick and I could see a lot of US families not testing them.  Minor symptoms only.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spryte said:

In the other family, the kids were not terribly sick and I could see a lot of US families not testing them.  Minor symptoms only.

I'm actually seeing this from this thread, which is interesting. 

When I usually collect data in here, it corresponds roughly to what I've read elsewhere. Like, if I look at the rate of hospitalizations/deaths/long COVID in the forum population, it's about what I'd expect, given that the forum skews relatively old. 

However, for kids, I'm seeing practically no one who's seen bad outcomes in kids -- either long COVID or hospitalizations or anything. The stats I've seen out there are much more dire. That suggests that they are probably self-selected for the worst cases.  

I'm still not unworried about the kids -- again, kids have a LONG time to live, and I'm worried we won't see patterns for another 10-20 years. But it's encouraging to see that the studies are probably not representative. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Not_a_Number said:

When I usually collect data in here, it corresponds roughly to what I've read elsewhere. Like, if I look at the rate of hospitalizations/deaths/long COVID in the forum population, it's about what I'd expect, given that the forum skews relatively old. 

However, for kids, I'm seeing practically no one who's seen bad outcomes in kids -- either long COVID or hospitalizations or anything. The stats I've seen out there are much more dire. That suggests that they are probably self-selected for the worst cases.  

I'm still not unworried about the kids -- again, kids have a LONG time to live, and I'm worried we won't see patterns for another 10-20 years. But it's encouraging to see that the studies are probably not representative. 

I don't personally know any kids with bad outcomes, though I do know a few who felt pretty sick. As far as teens, a 17 year old local friend of my teens had MISC. She's slowly recovering. Her father nearly died, and he's in his 40's. I think we'll find out a lot about genetics interacting with COVID in the future. 

Edited by sbgrace
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Not_a_Number said:

There is one kid I know who supposedly had a bad case of Covid when her whole family had it.  She is about 15yo and has many health issues, including type 1 diabetes.  Her folks were trying to be careful because she always gets very sick from even minor illnesses.  So when everyone got Covid, she was sick in a way that is normal for her when other kids have mild illnesses.  They didn't do a Covid test on this kid, but afterwards they tested everyone's antibodies, and she was the only family member who didn't have antibodies.  So who knows?

• Like 1

Dh and my kids had it In January 2021. Ds had clssic symptoms for a few days - shallow cough, fever(night sweats), body aches, fatigue. Like mild flu.

Dd15 had some slight chrst congestion for two or three days and was tired for a week.

Ds13 had no symptoms at all.

Dh thinks he also had it in February of 2020. Symptoms were milder that time, but no testing was available, of course.

I did not get it. I have diabetes and Hashimoto’s. We live in 1300 sq. ft and all share the full bathroom. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 1

We had it over Christmas. Dh and I were never very sick, but mine lingered for 6 weeks. I would say it was 8 weeks until I felt 100%. DS8 was our only kid of 4 to get it. He had a 104 fever for two days, but then was fine. We did go skiing later in January and it was really cold and he cried that his chest was hurting. I think that was maybe residual from Covid? But who knows.

• Like 1

My older son caught it while out of state for college and brought it home when he came home for 3 days without realizing it, of course.  When we realized he had it after going back, we PCR tested all 8 of us at home.  Kids ages 6-18 and my husband and me.  Only the 6 year old and myself were positive.  My husband waited 5 more days and did another test which was also negative. We did not re test the kids as they quarantined anyways and had no symptoms.

The 6 year old and I isolated in the master suite for 13 days.   She had a small fever and a headache one night.  I had all the symptoms and have long covid now. My 20 year old son also has long covid. Neither of us were sick enough to be hospitalized.   My six year old has been off a few times since then including a headache, lasting a few hours.   I'm tracking it but might just be paranoid. 

It's super strange how the exposure works.  The 20 year old had a sleep over (same room) with the 12 and 8 year old boys the night before he left.  My husband and I didn't isolate between sample taking and results and looking back I was symptomatic (massive headache that I thought was from crying over sons results but I now identify as a covid headache).   But somehow only 2 of us caught it from him.  

My husband’s aunt is sick right now and her positive test just got back 😞. It turns out my SIL probably had it in February but never got tested and doesn’t acknowledge it.  

It’s too bad.  All my family who can have been vaccinated.  In my husband’s family, one cousin has had his first shot, and there is a lot of concern he is going to become deathly ill after his second shot within his family.  He is the only one of them “brave” enough to get it!

Aunt is saying maybe she won’t get vaccinated since she has it now — my husband just said “see what you doctor says” and told her everyone we know here who has been vaccinated has been fine.

Edit:  literally there seems to be more concern about a late-20s man having his second shot than a woman in her 60s who is overweight (probably technically obese) and currently coughing up a storm.  

Edited by Lecka
  • Sad 3

My mom-headache at the beginning and then loss of taste and smell, slight congestion for a couple days. 

My brother-Fatigue, loss of taste and smell. 

My husband’s family-

His parents and three sisters-Loss of taste and smell, mild fever, fatigue. 

His brother, his brother’s wife and their three children-mild or no symptoms in the children, flu-like symptoms for the wife, mild symptoms for the brother. 

Another brother has it now with mild symptoms and loss of taste and smell. 

No lingering effects for any of the above. 

Then 18yo son got it while at college and spent 10 days in the covid dorm.  He had a bad headache and loss of smell.  After about a week he developed classic cold symptoms, which we suspect may have actually been a cold.  He has had no long term issues.  He got the first Moderna shot last week and had a fever for 24 hours.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lecka said:

Edit:  literally there seems to be more concern about a late-20s man having his second shot than a woman in her 60s who is overweight (probably technically obese) and currently coughing up a storm.  

I hope she's OK and doesn't get too sick. And I'm sorry they are so unrealistic about this 😕 . That's really unwise, but you know this already... 

• Like 1

My husband got sick mid January. His symptoms mimicked his normal wintertime congestion and cough for the first couple of days but then he started having chills, fever, and body aches. When his oxygen levels became unstable, my son took him to the ER where they tested him, pronounced him positive then sent him home. Two days later in a follow up with his primary doc, he was sent straight to the hospital where he was diagnosed with Covid pneumonia. He was hospitalized in our local hospital for 4 days but when he couldn’t be sustained on nasal cannula at 60% oxygen, he was transferred to ICU in a different hospital. Two days later, I was hospitalized with very different symptoms. I had slept for an entire day...I was just exhausted. No high fever, no cough, just a sore throat and an occasional headache. I wouldn’t have even thought to seek treatment but by this time, my husband had been put on a ventilator and I knew I needed to make sure I didn’t head down the same path that my husband was on. I also had Covid pneumonia and found out that I was much sicker than I realized. A few days later, our 22 year old also tested positive but he never had any symptoms. Anyway, I was discharged from the hospital on oxygen and 2 days later, my precious husband died of Covid pneumonia. He was 71 but had no underlying conditions except for being slightly overweight. Three months later, I am still dealing with the physical affects of covid. I am in physical therapy twice a week to try to regain lost muscle and strength. I was on oxygen for about 6 weeks. Because of our job, we had teenage boys in our home..two of them also tested positive but had very mild symptoms like a mild cold and were both fine in a few days. Hope my rambling does something for your data😊

• Sad 11

3 minutes ago, boyzrus said:

My husband got sick mid January. His symptoms mimicked his normal wintertime congestion and cough for the first couple of days but then he started having chills, fever, and body aches. When his oxygen levels became unstable, my son took him to the ER where they tested him, pronounced him positive then sent him home. Two days later in a follow up with his primary doc, he was sent straight to the hospital where he was diagnosed with Covid pneumonia. He was hospitalized in our local hospital for 4 days but when he couldn’t be sustained on nasal cannula at 60% oxygen, he was transferred to ICU in a different hospital. Two days later, I was hospitalized with very different symptoms. I had slept for an entire day...I was just exhausted. No high fever, no cough, just a sore throat and an occasional headache. I wouldn’t have even thought to seek treatment but by this time, my husband had been put on a ventilator and I knew I needed to make sure I didn’t head down the same path that my husband was on. I also had Covid pneumonia and found out that I was much sicker than I realized. A few days later, our 22 year old also tested positive but he never had any symptoms. Anyway, I was discharged from the hospital on oxygen and 2 days later, my precious husband died of Covid pneumonia. He was 71 but had no underlying conditions except for being slightly overweight. Three months later, I am still dealing with the physical affects of covid. I am in physical therapy twice a week to try to regain lost muscle and strength. I was on oxygen for about 6 weeks. Because of our job, we had teenage boys in our home..two of them also tested positive but had very mild symptoms like a mild cold and were both fine in a few days. Hope my rambling does something for your data😊

I am so sorry for your loss and sorry you're still struggling 😞 . Thank you for sharing. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2021 at 7:53 PM, boyzrus said:

I'm so very sorry for you loss.  How devastating.

My dd and fiancé had Covid in November.  It started with a scratchy throat for about two days, and then was gone for about two days.  (So she attributed it to allergies.)  Then they both woke up with aches and chills.  That lasted a couple days, and then extreme fatigue for a few days.  After that, loss of taste and smell.  Her fiancé passed through that phase fairly quickly.  My dd had almost a complete loss of taste and smell for about two weeks.  As they improved, she had a stinging sensation in her nose anytime she breathed in through her nose, similar to what it feels like when you get water in your nose in a chlorinated swimming pool.  That went on for about two months.  During that time her smells became distorted.  Things that used to smell good, now smelled bad.  She said certain good smells smelled like old lady perfume that had gone bad.  That went on for about two months.  It's slowly improving. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, J-rap said:

My dd and fiancé had Covid in November.  It started with a scratchy throat for about two days, and then was gone for about two days.  (So she attributed it to allergies.)  Then they both woke up with aches and chills.  That lasted a couple days, and then extreme fatigue for a few days.  After that, loss of taste and smell.  Her fiancé passed through that phase fairly quickly.  My dd had almost a complete loss of taste and smell for about two weeks.  As they improved, she had a stinging sensation in her nose anytime she breathed in through her nose, similar to what it feels like when you get water in your nose in a chlorinated swimming pool.  That went on for about two months.  During that time her smells became distorted.  Things that used to smell good, now smelled bad.  She said certain good smells smelled like old lady perfume that had gone bad.  That went on for about two months.  It's slowly improving. 

I think I remember your story about your DD... I've been wondering how she's doing. I'm glad it's improving. Is she close to back to normal? 

11 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

I think I remember your story about your DD... I've been wondering how she's doing. I'm glad it's improving. Is she close to back to normal? 

I haven't asked her for awhile because whenever we talk there always seems to be more urgent things to talk about!  (She lives overseas in a different time zone and the times we both have available to talk is limited.)  But a few weeks ago, I think she said she was around 80% back to normal.

• Like 2

Dh had Covid. He was very tired for a couple days and had a fever. Then a cough that lasted a couple weeks. He isolated and the rest of us quarantined ourselves in one half of the house. None of us got it. We tested when his test came back positive and again a week later - all negative. 

• Like 2