Menu

What are you doing so you don't get Covid-19?

mommyoffive

That other thread is so long at this point.  So what are you doing so that you don't get Covid-19? 

cancelling school, travel, children's activities, working from home?

What are you doing differently now?   Cleaning routines?  Things you do when you have come home?  

Are you taking certain vitamins or supplements?   Eating certain things? 

Are you avoiding public events, gatherings, or stores?

Edited by mommyoffive

Our co-op is cancelled. I cancelled classes that I teach. I wasn’t in the habit of washing my hands as soon as I got home from somewhere and I’m realizing how much I touch my face. If we can keep my son from getting  this it would be great. I think we’ll be pretty isolated for the next few weeks. I was contracted to teach at a conference next weekend. That was cancelled this morning so I am relieved about that. 

It’s good that people are upping their hand washing game, but I’m pretty sure the countries that have already been hit hard know how to wash their hands too. At this point it feels like we’re just delaying catching it so the hospitals can stagger their patients. 

I haven’t gone so far as to sanitize every can or jar I bring into the house. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mostly just extra hand washing, plus zinc lozenges on the few occasions when I'm somewhere with a lot of people, but I tend to do both of those things when there's lots of flu around anyway. I always try to avoid crowded places anyway (because I hate crowds), I always have plenty of food in my house, I order pretty much everything but fresh fruit & veg online anyway, and I take elderberry and Vit D3 year round. I'm currently with DS at his university, waiting to see if his championship event next week is cancelled, and whether his university intends to stay online for the rest of the semester. If so, I will probably just bring him home with me, rather than go home and come back in 6 weeks when the semester ends.

Re cleaning/hand washing—I’m doing everything normal like I’d always do to avoid flu or anything else this time of year. However, I did buy pretty much two of everything I’d normally buy this week at the store though, just in case I get sick and need to quarantine. 

Of all of us, I'm probably most at risk for complications, which kinda scares me a lot, and I'm also the one who comes in contact with the most public spaces while shopping. I'll be using online pickup as much as possible; usually I do a mix of that and aldi for cost savings. I'll just be even more vigilant about hand washing and sanitizer. I've been more insistent about people washing hands when they walk in the house; I normally do that myself, but kids, ya know?  I already wipe cart handles during flu season, especially if my baby will be sitting in the cart (hurray for the Ergo though so I can wear him when I need to take him out).

Husband works for a tiny company and will probably have to go to work as much as possible to keep jobs going, but he will WAH if need be. We only do two outside activities; my one kid will continue his small art class until and unless things really escalate, and we will just keep an eye on the martial arts class situation. 

No library trips for a while. I dislike these during cold season anyway, especially with a walking baby, because even colds just get annoying. We had one nasty cold in January that lasted about three weeks total by the time all of us got it (for all I know, we had Covid-19 then), but that's all we have had this year. I've been sitting in the car with the baby during MA class mainly because he is a pain to chase around. Probably won't do a lot of group stuff for a while. 

I am going to plan for 10-14 days' worth of food but other than that, just a little extra vigilance. Sleep, fluids, etc. as usual. 

Part of me wants us to get it now in case it mutates and comes back worse in the fall, but I do want to slow down its spread, and part of me also wants to avoid it completely. We have a pretty good track record at not getting a lot of what goes around unless we do co-op type activities. 

Edited by happypamama
  • Like 1

My usual anxiety on steroids. Heh. I feel most helpless about my dd in France. I wish I could demand that she come home immediately, not because it will help her not get it but because I would rather she isn’t 4,000 miles away if she does come down with it. If ds comes home from school, I’m not hugging him. There are a few students at his Uni being evaluated right now. 

I have not gone to social things since returning from Europe. No bunco, no book club. No lunches with friends. I have been to the grocery, Costco and the doctor. 

I am thoroughly washing my hands whenever I change situations. When I work in my office, I wash my hands before and after working and don’t do that licking-finger page thing I normally have done. Im not going to do that anymore. I’m also keeping my fingernails cut short so nothing harbors under them. 

When I have been out, I suddenly notice all the publicly-touched things. Like at the bank drive-thru, the canister tube. At the cancer center, the elevator buttons. The gas station payment interface. I have hand sanitizer that I am now using after handling these things. Except with the elevator buttons, I pushed them with my elbow. (Yes, really!) 

Having my son wipe down his computer, desk and phone with sanitizer wipes. I hit all the doorknobs and light switches this week. I gave dh a bottle of sanitizer to keep in his truck. He said he is aware he is often in a work situation where he doesn’t have hand-washing available. 

Im also not re-wearing clothes right now. I am washing every thing on one wearing. 

• Like 2

Teaching my kids proper handwashing technique and reminding them more often to wash.

Not at this point pulling them from activities, though some of their larger events such as competitions have been cancelled.

We'll probably stay away from indoor public places like libraries, grocery stores, museums--trying to limit unnecessary public exposure. I have a box of disposable gloves to use if I have to go shopping or something, I'm terrible about remembering not to touch my face though I'm trying.

My younger kids could stay home from activities, my oldest teaches karate five days a week and the dojo has no plans to cancel classes at this time though I do hope people will stay away if they are sick. That makes her our most likely vector to bring illness home, but at least she's old enough to be good about handwashing. I'm mostly worried about kids coughing or sneezing in class.

Church is going to be cancelled after this upcoming Sunday, in accordance with new guidelines from our state government. That eliminates one more significant exposure route. I'm a bit concerned about the four year old next door who is in daycare--my five year old plays with her all the time. I'm not planning to forbid them from playing but I might bring the hand sanitizer out...

I'm usually not at all germaphobic, but I don't want to contribute to this virus spreading. And it is going to be very hard to keep it from spreading to everyone if one family member gets it--I've been thinking about that. Almost all of us share bedrooms and the house is small, it would be hard to isolate someone.

• Like 1

Other than encouraging extra hand-washing, enough sleep, and outdoor exercise, I don't have to do much prep, because:

• One child's school is closed starting tomorrow. E-schooling starting next week
  • Indications are that other child's school will close sometime next week.  All activities and meetings are cancelled, postponed, or to be conducted via telephone or email.
  • Public library has cancelled all programming for remainder of March.  
  • Scouts follow public school schedule, so no meetings likely for remainder of month.  
  • Dh's employer has cancelled conferences and work-related travel.
  • Employer is strongly discouraging personal travel, especially out of state travel.  Employees who do travel may be asked to work from home or take additional personal leave upon their return.  Dh cannot do all of his work from home, so we are postponing travel.

I think church will be our only social outing for the next three weeks and it too may be cancelled.   

I will need to go grocery shopping, but after tomorrow, will probably do grocery pick-up.  All other shopping will be online.

Not so much trying not to get it as trying  not to give it to anyone who shouldn't get it.  Mostly washing hands and staying away from people at risk.

I assume I will get it sooner or later if it's spreading as fast as they say.  I don't mind getting it as long as my vulnerable folks don't.

• Like 4

After this Saturday, when DS7 will participate in his first Sacrament of Reconciliation, I will be keeping the younger three boys home from church. DS 10 is the only alter server, so he and DH will probably continue to go for as long as they continue to have Saturday mass. (We attend a slowly-dying congregation, and there is usually +/-10 ft between each group of parishioners in the pews already.) I will still request/pick-up books from the library, but we won't go hang out in the children's room anymore. DS5 will not attend speech therapy at the public school (they have not yet suspended classes). 

The younger 4 boys are getting very good at coughing into their elbows and washing their hands.

We are pretty well stocked for food & supplies, and I have some cough meds and things coming from Amazon early next week. I will make any quick trips to the market for fresh fruits & veggies first thing in the mornings, so as to minimize exposure to larger crowds. We have milk delivered to a box outside the kitchen door on Tuesday mornings.

DH's two schools (he teaches both high school and community college) have both closed as of today for at least the next two weeks. The only person I am truly concerned about is DS24, as he works in the busiest supermarket in the city. He was called in early today, and says that it's very busy. I keep reminding him about wearing gloves, washing his hands, and using hand sanitizer (they have it in the back for employees). Unfortunately, he is my kid who nearly died from whooping cough as a newborn and then H1N1-related pneumonia in 2009, and has had pneumonia several times in the last ten years. He's also an asthmatic and a vaper, though he's cut way back in the last 6 months. I have no doubt that, if he catches covid-19, he will most likely end up hospitalized, or worse. My anxiety is high right now.

Edited by Noreen Claire
  • Sad 4

Not to keep from getting it at all, but trying to postpone time when I get it to help flatten curve and also to decrease likely severity when I get it, and to avoid giving it to others should I have a case with no symptoms to make me aware of it: 

vitamin D3 and cohorts (put a lot more and links on the main thread)

https://www.vitamindservice.de/coronavirus-e

Mostly staying home

cutting down in-person contacts to the necessary and using social distancing

more hand washing than usual , use of homemade hand sanitizers 

leaving clothes worn to places outside home outside of house when I return as as much as possible 

keeping cellphone in baggy when I’m away from house where it touches surfaces...

more cleaning than usual 

Edited by Pen
Link
  • Like 1

So far we have just ramped up our vitamins. There are a few cases in some surrounding cities, so I’m washing my hands a little more often if I’m in public, and today when my friends and I had lunch and coffee, we sat outside instead of in.

I have shopped the last few days - I am trying to keep a good grocery stash should things escalate in our typical shopping areas.

We live in a rural area though, so it’ll be fairly easy for us to stay home and avoid things if we need to. 

• Like 1

We've always had a policy of washing hands as soon as we come home from anywhere and wiping down all door handles, faucet handles, computer keyboards, etc. 2-3 times/week. So those things will remain the same. For the first time in over 10 years we didn't participate in Irish step dance performances with the group. Most nursing homes didn't allow the performance anyway and the few that were scheduled were in places like the library which I am also avoiding. It's hard because my mom is now living 2 streets up from us and I am her primary care giver. She's scheduled for surgery April 1, has high bp, etc. so I'm very on edge as far as exposing her to anything.

• Like 2

We are really isolating ourselves from other people now.  DD1 is home from college and DD2 is homeschooled.   DD2's ballet school closed today.  DD2's piano teacher contacted us today to go to video lessons rather than in-person ones.  DH works from home already and will conduct all meetings via conference calls and Go-To-Meeting now.

I discontinued the personal trainer who comes to my house right now, and DH isn't going to the gym (will work out at home instead).

We are pretty stocked up on supplies and food, but any food we get will be via online ordering and pickup or delivery.  

• Like 1

I think we're going to have to stop attending art class and chess club. 

The chess club director was like "So what's the big deal about this virus anyway?!", and doesn't seem to have a routine cleaning schedule for the place. 

The art teacher keeps a very, very clean home, but she mentioned in passing that some students were on vacation in Houston this week.  There is a coronavirus patient in Houston that attended the RodeoHouston bbq and is refusing to tell health officials which tents he visited at the bbq.  

I feel dizzy thinking about all this. 

• Like 1

My husband is a police officer, going into people's houses and coming into physical contact with people across the country, where Corona is, all the time. So, I figure we're going to get it and we just have to stay away from old people and those with health issues. I partly hope he gets it soon and we can know we have it and then be done with it. Having him home for a while, even for a sick time, would be kind of nice, as long as it doesn't turn terrible.

• Like 3

My employer is prepping to have everyone work from home, just in case that becomes necessary. Everyone in my department already has a company-issued laptop, and we are allowed to work from home one day per week, just because. So it wouldn't be a big to-do for me to camp out in my home office to work for a while if anyone in my immediate circle at work shows symptoms.

We've been more intentional about washing hands more often and more carefully.

Other than that and just using general good sense, nothing special.

5 hours ago, xahm said:

My husband is a police officer, going into people's houses and coming into physical contact with people across the country, where Corona is, all the time. So, I figure we're going to get it and we just have to stay away from old people and those with health issues. I partly hope he gets it soon and we can know we have it and then be done with it. Having him home for a while, even for a sick time, would be kind of nice, as long as it doesn't turn terrible.

Last I checked, it isn't yet known whether having the virus and recovering confers immunity. That's usually how it works for viruses for most people, but it's not always the case.

15 hours ago, Pen said:

Not to keep from getting it at all, but trying to postpone time when I get it to help flatten curve and also to decrease likely severity when I get it, and to avoid giving it to others should I have a case with no symptoms to make me aware of it: 

vitamin D3 and cohorts (put a lot more and links on the main thread)

Mostly staying home

cutting down in-person contacts to the necessary and using social distancing

more hand washing than usual , use of homemade hand sanitizers 

leaving clothes worn to places outside home outside of house when I return as as much as possible 

keeping cellphone in baggy when I’m away from house where it touches surfaces...

more cleaning than usual 

I know you posted so many helpful things in the other thread.  But for me they are lost in there.  Way to big of a thread to try and find it.   Is D3 different than just vitamin D?   Anything else to take? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tanaqui said:

Last I checked, it isn't yet known whether having the virus and recovering confers immunity. That's usually how it works for viruses for most people, but it's not always the case.

I'm hoping because there's really no other option for us. 

19 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

Our co-op is cancelled. I cancelled classes that I teach. I wasn’t in the habit of washing my hands as soon as I got home from somewhere and I’m realizing how much I touch my face. If we can keep my son from getting  this it would be great. I think we’ll be pretty isolated for the next few weeks. I was contracted to teach at a conference next weekend. That was cancelled this morning so I am relieved about that. 

It’s good that people are upping their hand washing game, but I’m pretty sure the countries that have already been hit hard know how to wash their hands too. At this point it feels like we’re just delaying catching it so the hospitals can stagger their patients.

THIS is exactly what we're doing. Helping hospitals stagger their patients so they can continue to help all of us.

I'm not actively trying not to catch COVid. I think most of it are going to get it eventually. I'm trying not to contribute to the spread.

• Like 6

Kiddos attend virtual school already.   They take Violin and Voice at the university in town that is closing on Saturday.  The only other thing they do out in public is dance 7 days a week.   Currently that is open.   I would assume soon that is going to close, but the K-12 schools are still open.  

I haven't let the kids go to the store for the last few weeks.

Tons of hand washing.   

Lots of rest.

Kids take a multi, extra vit. D and C, and probiotics.  

Cancelled homeschool groups I lead for the rest of the month, putting off Save the Frogs until later (as in, not even booking a shelter until April or later), DD's college classes are extending Spring Break by a week and then going online.  DH already works from home, so with DD's stuff cancelled, social distancing is pretty automatic.

As of right now the center I teach piano at is not closing, because the schools have not in my suburb,  but we are on Spring Break this coming week, and I won't be surprised if by the week after, we're told not to return. I am going to spend part of this week recording duet parts, etc and putting lessons on Google Classroom so my students have something to do if school is closed, although I will also offer an extended semester so that parents get the lessons they have paid for. I am looking at options for recording and streaming each student's recital performance and having them perform only for their family, individually, even if we do not shut down entirely. 

edit-as of now, we're shut down for the next two weeks, and will reevaluate after that. Since one is Spring Break it's not a big change, yet, because I had a makeup week built into the schedule anyway.

Edited by dmmetler
  • Like 2

Not doing anything we aren't normally doing this time of year... avoiding going out in public as much as possible, keeping hands washed, not allowing anyone who is sick or has been around sick people in our home, not visiting others if we are showing any signs of illness though since we adopted this regimen during cold and flu season, we don't get sick hardly ever any more...

The only difference is people aren't calling us OCD, anti-social or otherwise mentally unsound for doing these things because we don't want to get sick. :-/

• Like 3

Kept my high risk kid home, and then they closed his school a day later. My classes have gone remote. We’re completely expecting my high schoolers’ school to close after today. I’m using hand sanitizer a lot more liberally. I’m not bringing my high risk kiddo into the church sanctuary (we can listen in the lobby). I’m clorox wiping our living spaces daily. 

ETA I just put in a hello fresh order for 5 days worth of meals. I never do that but after experiencing the grocery store today, it seems like the safer bet. 

Edited by sassenach
  • Like 2

So far we don't have any confirmed cases in our county, however, there also isn't much if any testing going on.  But we live near other places with a lot of confirmed cases.

I have two kids with asthma, one of which has been hospitalized twice in the past for illnesses that cause breathing difficulties.  My DH is missing a lung lobe due to rare cancer, and I have had lung problems since getting pneumonia as a kid.  So we are all a bit higher risk, except one kid.

I am washing my hands more often.  It has become a bit obsessive, and my hands are horribly broken out with eczema now.

Our plan is to stick around home as much as possible and work on keeping clean.  However, DD has college classes that are still in person, plus work that she can't do from home, so she is the most likely to pick something up and bring it home.  She has finals next week and then a three week spring break, so less outside contact, but still working in the public.  She is good at hand-washing, and her clients cancel if they are sick, so that helps some.  DH is full time work from home, so that is nice and keeps him out of the public.

• Like 1

I think DS and I already have it; my efforts are to reduce risk to DH (working from home) and others as I'm able, and to recover well.

• Sign on the door reading, "We are sick! Please use caution if interacting." Termite guy came for our annual appointment and prudently stood about 2 meters away to speak with me briefly, rather than right at the door. (He only needed to tell me he was here and going into the crawlspace to look.)
  • Staying home, obviously--outside teachers/group leaders respond to emails saying I'm keeping DS home with evident gratitude as well as the usual good wishes. I have an interlibrary loan available and am going to wait rather than picking it up. By the time I'm better, it's possible that the libraries will be closed, but I do have some books in the house, as it happens. đŸ™‚
  • Nightly round with the Clorox wipes to get doorknobs, light switches, faucet handles, shared computers.
  • Hand towels are now only for DH, as DS and I use paper. Switched to paper tissues: handkerchiefs quickly became unmanageable with stuffy/runny noses. We're all using paper towels instead of napkins--I need to train DS better to put it right in the compost after eating.
  • Having DH sleep on the couch with the kitty, a bit of a trial to him but a delight for her. (She adores him.)
  • Continuing to take vitamin D3, and adding C for myself.
  • Using the Sanitize cycle on the dishes each time; normally I'm very satisfied with a regular wash.
  • Using delivery options as available.
  • More intentional hand-washing and sanitizing; stepping away from surfaces and coughing into sleeve more carefully than usual.
  • I've asked in my Buy Nothing FB group whether anyone who bought masks will drop off a few in a baggie for me in case we need to go to a doctor--we'd call ahead, but it would be helpful for the staff if we wore them before having contact. We'll see if anybody can do that, although I hope it won't be needed.
  • Aware that I may get worse before I get better, not letting anything pile up (such as trash that needs to go out, or laundry).
  • Deliberately eating extra fruits and vegetables. I made vegetable broth the other day and have some in the freezer now.

• Like 4

Aggressively treating allergies so that there is no mistake about what symptom is what.

Skipped soup supper to avoid that crowd.  (Remaining ones for Lent have been cancelled now).  Decided to start taking communion in my hand instead of mouth.  Talking with people at church at a distance rather than close up, and no physical contact.  

Got my folks to accept rides to the doctor from me instead of in cabs.  Dad is 92, mom is 87 and very frail.

Called the doctor and talked them into giving me a refill on my thyroid meds without a test so I can avoid both his office and the injection lab.  

Avoiding crowds.  Shopping only during off hours at smaller stores.  Doing more work from home and on the phone.  Distancing during client meetings, and no hand shakes.  Lots of hand washing.  At public restrooms, wash hands thoroughly and then use paper towels to handle faucets and doorknobs on the way out.

Frequent Epsom salts baths, more fruits and veggies (oranges are in season here which is convenient), sucking zinc, Mucinex if I feel chest congestion even if it’s just from allergies, immune system boosting supplements.  Milk thistle and dandelion root for liver support.  More sunshine for D.  Lots of singing (helps me with deep breathing and endorphins, plus I mostly sing hymns and sacred music so, prayers.).  Looking at getting an asthma medication recommended in the long thread, and also my acupuncturist has an herbal booster treatment that I have requested.  

ETA:  I have also started steeping ginger and drinking the result pretty often, several times per day, for inflammation reduction and digestive healing.

Edited by Carol in Cal.
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Carol in Cal. said:

Aggressively treating allergies so that there is no mistake about what symptom is what.

Skipped soup supper to avoid that crowd.  (Remaining ones for Lent have been cancelled now).  Decided to start taking communion in my hand instead of mouth.  Talking with people at church at a distance rather than close up, and no physical contact.  

Got my folks to accept rides to the doctor from me instead of in cabs.  Dad is 92, mom is 87 and very frail.

Called the doctor and talked them into giving me a refill on my thyroid meds without a test so I can avoid both his office and the injection lab.  

Avoiding crowds.  Shopping only during off hours at smaller stores.  Doing more work from home and on the phone.  Distancing during client meetings, and no hand shakes.  Lots of hand washing.  At public restrooms, wash hands thoroughly and then use paper towels to handle faucets and doorknobs on the way out.

Frequent Epsom salts baths, more fruits and veggies (oranges are in season here which is convenient), sucking zinc, Mucinex if I feel chest congestion even if it’s just from allergies, immune system boosting supplements.  Milk thistle and dandelion root for liver support.  More sunshine for D.  Lots of singing (helps me with deep breathing and endorphins, plus I mostly sing hymns and sacred music so, prayers.).  Looking at getting an asthma medication recommended in the long thread, and also my acupuncturist has an herbal booster treatment that I have requested.  

How do Epsom salt baths help?

Do you take zinc when not sick? 

Muxinex, when do you use that?  When you feel an illness going into your chest?  How does it help?  We have only used regular cold meds. 

What immune system boosting supplements?

How does getting your liver in better condition help?

59 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

How do Epsom salt baths help?

Do you take zinc when not sick? 

Muxinex, when do you use that?  When you feel an illness going into your chest?  How does it help?  We have only used regular cold meds. 

What immune system boosting supplements?

How does getting your liver in better condition help?

Epsom salts contain magnesium which helps with sleep, digestive function, and overall reduction of inflammation.  Those are all helping in general health/immunity.  (Forgot to mention, am also upping my use of ginger to reduce inflammation and help digestion.)

I take the zinc every evening.  I suck one or two lozenges under my tongue.  This is to hopefully kill any germs that may have accumulated in my throat during the day.  That is MY main route of entry for viruses, and unfortunately this particular virus’s favorite attack point of entry.  If I have a sore throat, even if I suspect it’s due to nasel drip from allergies, I take one every two hours or so until resolved.

I have only taken Mucinex once so far, but it was because I was getting a little urge to cough and thought it might be a symptom but might be mucus from allergies.  It cleared it right up, and I had the advantage of knowing that I cleared my lungs out which is good.

Liver is one of the secondary attack modes of this virus.  Also, I’m not really used to taking all this other stuff, except for the Allegra, so I figure my liver is somewhat stressed from that.

Immune boosters I’m taking are very specific to my own needs—namely, reducing inflammation and strengthening joints and tendons so that they are less susceptible to it, as well as lots of vitamin C and some B’s.  I have particular tendon problems due to taking Cipro some years ago, and started taking Reserveage collagen booster for this, which also has some anti-oxidant ingredients.  Am taking Oste Bi Flex which includes glucosamine and others along with the D3 which is an immune booster.  This would not be right for everyone, but it’s a good way for me to kill two birds with each stone.  Most importantly, I’m pushing fruits pretty hard, much more than usually.  I believe that whole foods are more bio available than components generally.

Edited by Carol in Cal.
  • Like 2

I routinely  use a 1:10 bleach:water ratio in a spray bottle to clean hard surfaces.  This ratio has been written on my spray bottle for so long that it's worn off.  Where on earth did I even get that number?  Everything popping up online seems like a much weaker solution is adequate?  Have I been over-bleaching my surfaces for years and what IS a good, all-purpose mix for counters, hard surfaces, door knobs, etc.?

7 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

I know you posted so many helpful things in the other thread.  But for me they are lost in there.  Way to big of a thread to try and find it.   Is D3 different than just vitamin D?   Anything else to take? 

Can’t give advice, but below are my own conclusions. 

D3 is more natural form—eg from fish liver oil or from lanolin  (D2 is another supplement form not so good imo - lab created iirc)    I think 1000iu/daily is minimum basic for people without good skin in sun exposure to produce it (lots of studies support). 4000iu per day often recommended as more likely to get into more optimum levels (a blood test would be good, but Lab Corp is best D level test place in USA and I think they are perhaps currently overbusy trying to gear up to test for CV) .   I am currently taking 10,000iu to 15,000iu per day which I found studies that satisfy me as to the safety of that at least in a temporary time frame.  Mine currently is from lanolin . 

Because I am taking  a lot of D3 supplementally, I also am taking  K2  daily (a Life Extension SuperK which actually has two types K2 and K1) ;   and 25,000iu of preformed vitamin A 3 times per week to balance the D3.  I am also eating vitamin E rich seeds  (sunflower), and a selenium rich Brazil nut when I think of it .   (Vitamins A, D, E, K have to be properly balanced for safety. Magnesium is also important...) 

Those would be my top go to supplements that I have also encouraged my son on (though at less high doses). 

NAC n acetyl cysteine and Vitamin C would be my next most important go to supplements in re immunity. 

I am additionally taking other vitamins and supplements, but not all relate particularly to Covid-19 in particular or immunity in general.  

I am seasoning foods with spices / herbs that tend to be immune and or lung supportive .   And am starting a personal supportive herbs garden, beyond what I might do just for a culinary spice part of vegetables garden. 

This is a bit difficult because of the guy’s accent , but I think very worthwhile video/slide show:

Edited by Pen

We were doing all our normal flu routines, but added daily vitamin D for everyone.  Now we are on lockdown except for DH, who cannot work from home.  Our small town hospital, five miles down the road, is on lockdown until they can transport two positive patients.  My asthma is acting up, so I have a cough and a tight chest (my normal spring), so I took my Sambucol and I'm going to bed before I convince myself I have it.Â đŸ™ƒ

• Like 1

I had joined Red Hat Society for more social connection...    oops wrong time for added social connection that involves gathering at  rec room of senior living center and elsewhere !   And the group was gun ho to take a cruise, and saying anything “negative “ was against the rules... I left off in early January-ish as the CV was getting going in China.