Menu

Raisin Bread?

unsinkable

Raisin Bread?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Raisin Bread?

• Yes. Just pass me the loaf and no one gets hurt.
    • No. Destroy it and bury it before someone gets hurt.
    • Puppies.

I love Raisin Bread.  Depends on the raisin bread, though.  They are not all created equal.  LOL

(Says a little girl in a big girl's body and with a wistful tone as she fondly remembers the freshly baked homemade tasting raisin bread her mother would buy her from a grocery store chain that no longer exists...)

Edited by OneStepAtATime

Didn't vote.

Take it or leave it here.  I maybe buy a loaf once a year.  It is something I buy for variety in a rotation of snack breads like english muffins/bagels,croissants/muffins/etc. I but one item a week, so every once in a while it might be a cinnamon raisin bread, but we don't really love it.  

About the only thing I use them in is Morning Glory muffins and then I aim on the light side of the measuring cup.

Big puffy, sparkly heart adore raising bread. It can be hard to find vegan so having some requires I make my own and consequently I rarely eat it. Right up there is my memory of the cinnamon raisin biscuits from Hardees. I hated them as a kid, but for the last year or so I’ve wanted one which will, again, require I make it.

I just want to buy it at a store and have it for breakfast. Tomorrow would work.

• Like 1

Raisin bread toast with peanut butter is amazing.  mmmm!

My Dad used to make this when we had raisin bread.  It was always the Pepperidge Farm swirled kind, and then Skippy or Jif peanut butter.  He was so bummed when my Mom bought the natural kind one time that had oil separated.  

• Like 1

Y'all make me laugh! Thank you!

Special love to the raisin bread dislikers (bc I always feel for the underdogs) and the puppy voters.

But my girls! 75% for RAISIN BREAD!

I wouldn't have guessed that high!

I'm thinking there has to be some sort of Russian interference in your poll results because I can't fathom another reason why the results are in favor of that bread abomination.

Why ruin a perfectly good loaf of bread with raisins?

;)

• Like 4

You have my sympathies :P ;) .

Hahaha...you should have seen me put the raisin bread in my cart, then reach out towards the Cinnamon Raisin English Muffins. Then pull my hand back. Reach out. Pull back.

Reach out. Grab the original flavor English muffins. Hoped no one saw me.

Raisins don't belong in baked goods. They are only tolerable if coated in chocolate or yogurt by themselves where no one is at risk of being surprised. Oatmeal raisin cookies? Ugh. Just make oatmeal cookies. And why do they sometimes look too much like chocolate chip cookies? 

Raisins don't belong in baked goods. They are only tolerable if coated in chocolate or yogurt by themselves where no one is at risk of being surprised. Oatmeal raisin cookies? Ugh. Just make oatmeal cookies. And why do they sometimes look too much like chocolate chip cookies? 

The faux chocolate chip cookie is an act of cruelty. 

• Like 2