Menu

Made it through the wedding

Teresa in MO

Well, I made it through the wedding week and the wedding pretty calmly. I was able to get more sleep by taking one Zzquill every night. Whenever I would start to feel overly stressed, I truly felt my dh's presence and could hear him tell me, "you can do this, do it for our daughter." Definitely a busy, busy week.  At one point my family room resembled a floral shop, as my dd did her own flowers. There were a few times during the wedding where there were a few tears, but tears at weddings are somewhat normal.  The brother/daughter dance at the reception in honor of my dh was hard.  My daughter did great, but the rest of us were in tears watching the slideshow of pictures with both of them in them.  I took them to the airport this morning and they are off to a honeymoon in Hawaii.  I have alot of cleaning up to do today and lesson plans to make for the rest of our school year.  Keeping busy helps me.  I have to learn how to handle stress, as my body goes into a fight or flight mode and physical symptoms start.  I am going to start grief counseling.   Thanks everyone  for all your thoughts and prayers.  I am going to try and attach a picture.  I have never done this, so hope it works.post-512-0-55170700-1494246357_thumb.jpg

post-512-0-55170700-1494246357_thumb.jpg

• Like 49

Well, I made it through the wedding week and the wedding pretty calmly. I was able to get more sleep by taking one Zzquill every night. Whenever I would start to feel overly stressed, I truly felt my dh's presence and could hear him tell me, "you can do this, do it for our daughter." Definitely a busy, busy week.  At one point my family room resembled a floral shop, as my dd did her own flowers. There were a few times during the wedding where there were a few tears, but tears at weddings are somewhat normal.  The brother/daughter dance at the reception in honor of my dh was hard.  My daughter did great, but the rest of us were in tears watching the slideshow of pictures with both of them in them.  I took them to the airport this morning and they are off to a honeymoon in Hawaii.  I have alot of cleaning up to do today and lesson plans to make for the rest of our school year.  Keeping busy helps me.  I have to learn how to handle stress, as my body goes into a fight or flight mode and physical symptoms start.  I am going to start grief counseling.   Thanks everyone  for all your thoughts and prayers.  I am going to try and attach a picture.  I have never done this, so hope it works.attachicon.gif_DSC0444-002.jpg

I am so glad you are starting counseling and that you made it through the wedding.  I think this would be one of the most difficult things following the loss of a spouse.  :(  ((Hugs))

They look wonderful and your daughter is beautiful - she has AMAZING eyes, they are green, yes?  (i am partial to green.) ;)

I am so proud of  you for getting through this - I just can't imagine.

They look so happy! I'm glad you made it through, that sounds so hard with the sleep issues and missing your wonderful husband. Hugs and take a much needed rest!

Whenever I would start to feel overly stressed, I truly felt my dh's presence and could hear him tell me, "you can do this, do it for our daughter."

How beautiful and comforting that must have been. I am sure he really was with you on that special day.

Well, I made it through the wedding week and the wedding pretty calmly. I was able to get more sleep by taking one Zzquill every night. Whenever I would start to feel overly stressed, I truly felt my dh's presence and could hear him tell me, "you can do this, do it for our daughter." Definitely a busy, busy week. At one point my family room resembled a floral shop, as my dd did her own flowers. There were a few times during the wedding where there were a few tears, but tears at weddings are somewhat normal. The brother/daughter dance at the reception in honor of my dh was hard. My daughter did great, but the rest of us were in tears watching the slideshow of pictures with both of them in them. I took them to the airport this morning and they are off to a honeymoon in Hawaii. I have alot of cleaning up to do today and lesson plans to make for the rest of our school year. Keeping busy helps me. I have to learn how to handle stress, as my body goes into a fight or flight mode and physical symptoms start. I am going to start grief counseling. Thanks everyone for all your thoughts and prayers. I am going to try and attach a picture. I have never done this, so hope it works. _DSC0444-002.jpg

:grouphug:

http://www.innersource.net/ep/images/stories/downloads/Acupoint_Stimulation_Research_Review.pdf

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zxk7cVPEOXw