Menu

FYI - still pregnant :)

ktgrok

I was due on the 6th, but baby is still nice and comfy :)  Not a surprise, the last two kids were 12 days late each. I'm doing biophysical profiles just to keep an eye on her, and she's doing great. Although yesterday she got docked 2 points because she wouldn't extend/flex her arms or legs. She was sleeping. But given that she kicked the crap out of me on the way there and the way home, neither I nor my midwife are worried about that. We'll redo it on monday or tuesday if I'm still pregnant. 

My husband says I'll have the baby monday at the latest, based on my moods and cleaning habits :)  Oh, and that if I wait till monday he'll install new toilet seats this weekend (one of the projects I've wanted done). Little does he know I'm thinking I'll buy some myself today and do it..hehehe. 

• Like 21

Thanks. I'm actually feeling really good today. Last few days were harder, more pubic pain, more back pain, etc. Today isn't bad. But I'm puffy a bit so going to the gym to go walk in the water and swim some to see if that helps with the swelling. (swelling isn't bad..no cankles but still). 

• Like 2

I was just thinking about you this morning! Glad you and baby are doing well. It is amazing how quickly nine months go when you are NOT pregnant!

Agreed.

I just thought of you this morning and wondering how you were doing.  Thanks for checking in.

And yes 9 months goes fast when it isn't you.

2dd was two weeks late.  they schedule me for an induction the following monday - she decided to come on friday.   my dr was even out of town - AFTER my due date.  he came back - and I was still there. . .

we did a non-stress test . . . she went to sleep.  so, they were poking and shoving on my stomach (and giving me juice with sugar) to wake her up.   she hardly slept after she was born . . . she still doesn't sleep.  (much to the annoyance of her college roommates.)

• Like 1

Thanks. I'm actually feeling really good today. Last few days were harder, more pubic pain, more back pain, etc. Today isn't bad. But I'm puffy a bit so going to the gym to go walk in the water and swim some to see if that helps with the swelling. (swelling isn't bad..no cankles but still).

Oh my gosh, nothing felt better than getting in the pool and feeling weightless for awhile!

The fact that you're contemplating installing toilet seats today means you you likely be starting labour sometime in the next few days...

• Like 2

Wishing you a great birth!

But I'm a teensy bit jealous of people like you who nest at the last minute. I nest around 35 weeks (Whheeeeee! I'm a domestic goddesssss!) and spend the last month moodily lying on the couch, exhausted with life itself.

Hey! This is me too!

I nested in the last couple of weeks and now, at almost 37 weeks, I have nothing to do!  

(Except teach, laundry, cook, clean, yell moodily at the messy child whose room is a disaster, etc  :lol: )

And it definitely makes the days longer when you keep fielding questions from the family like, "what's new?"  Um, well, here I am, big and round, just waiting for baby.  :001_smile:

Wishing you a great birth!

But I'm a teensy bit jealous of people like you who nest at the last minute. I nest around 35 weeks (Whheeeeee! I'm a domestic goddesssss!) and spend the last month moodily lying on the couch, exhausted with life itself.

Me too!

Glad she's all nice and cozy. 

Hope she comes soon....with a nice easy labor and safe healthy baby and momma. 

<3  <3  <3

Very considerate of her to come before the evil hot weather comes.  Being in one's last trimester in a Florida summer is not fun.  I've done it three times!

• Like 1

Glad she's all nice and cozy. 

Hope she comes soon....with a nice easy labor and safe healthy baby and momma. 

<3  <3  <3

Very considerate of her to come before the evil hot weather comes.  Being in one's last trimester in a Florida summer is not fun.  I've done it three times!

Oh yes, I've got a July baby and a September baby, I definitely agree!

• Like 1

Well, in TMI news I lost my mucus plug (or some of it, or whatever) this morning. Husband dreamt last night that I had the baby and he had to catch because the midwife wasn't there fast enough. (meanwhile i had kinky sex dreams, lol...I told him our dreams must have gotten switched!)

• Like 10

I've gone over with three of my four kids.  What I noticed was when I accepted that, right before going into labor each time, I felt a total peace come over me about when the baby would arrive.  I stopped caring, figured a few more days wasn't a problem... then boom, 12 hours later, labor.  lol.  

• Like 2

Same here. And I am pretty at peace. but my good mood could be because I got so much sunshine the last few days, LOL. I know sunburns are bad but I have been craving the sun. We've had so many overcast days this winter and I really needed that. So we shall see.

I've gone over with three of my four kids. What I noticed was when I accepted that, right before going into labor each time, I felt a total peace come over me about when the baby would arrive. I stopped caring, figured a few more days wasn't a problem... then boom, 12 hours later, labor. lol.

• Like 2

The giraffe is still pregnant.  I think you'll win the race.  :hat:

That's funny, too.  Do zoo folks not know how long a giraffe gestates?  Or are they in doubt about the "start" date?  Another zoo had what they described as a surprise giraffe pregnancy/birth about two weeks ago. 

Anyway, you will definitely give birth before that giraffe!  Hang in there! 

• Like 1

The giraffe is still pregnant. I think you'll win the race. :hat:

That's funny, too. Do zoo folks not know how long a giraffe gestates? Or are they in doubt about the "start" date? Another zoo had what they described as a surprise giraffe pregnancy/birth about two weeks ago.

Anyway, you will definitely give birth before that giraffe! Hang in there!

Well, given that human gestations are pretty variable in length, I don't see why giraffe gestations wouldn't be. 40 weeks may be the average, but I know plenty of people whose babies were born at 37 or 42 weeks, and if not for inductions I'm sure we would be seeing 43 weeks and more (and of course we all know folks with premature babies well before 40 weeks).

I used to joke that the due date was the one day baby was guaranteed NOT to arrive--then of course I had one who showed up right on time on the designated day :) Her siblings have ranged from 11 days "early" to 8 days "late".

• Like 1

Well, given that human gestations are pretty variable in length, I don't see why giraffe gestations wouldn't be. 40 weeks may be the average, but I know plenty of people whose babies were born at 37 or 42 weeks, and if not for inductions I'm sure we would be seeing 43 weeks and more (and of course we all know folks with premature babies well before 40 weeks).

I used to joke that the due date was the one day baby was guaranteed NOT to arrive--then of course I had one who showed up right on time on the designated day :) Her siblings have ranged from 11 days "early" to 8 days "late".

True!

Both of mine were a week "early" but fully baked.  :) 

In fact, when I went in for the first kid, they sent me home because they said, oh no, a first baby won't be a week early!  I told that nurse, "I'll be back tonight!" and I was right.  I got back to the hospital about an hour before Dd appeared.  Ha!

• Like 1

Nope, nothing going on. Not even a twinge, lol. Not super surprise, the last two kids were 41 weeks 5 days,w which would put us at this coming Saturday I think?

Anyone know if that giraffe is still pregnant, lol?

Once upon a time I was advised to go up and down steps sideways. (This is for you if you want, not the giraffe, lol).

• Like 2

I was all excited to see a baby picture pop up when I didn't see any posts this morning at first. Maybe it will be on Pi day. That would be cool. :)

Once upon a time I was advised to go up and down steps sideways. (This is for you if you want, not the giraffe, lol).

LOL, I'm giggling picturing the giraffe doing it!

I have no stairs here, but I do at the chiropractor's office tomorrow, and have been doing exactly that every time I go. Will definitely do it again tomorrow. 

• Like 2